What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

For the moment, it's 19-16 for...East

Cool.

I will place up the west v the East in a winner take all bracket 10 out of 10 times.

East has: Cavs, Celtics, Raptos, Wiz and maybe the Sixers and Magic.

West has: Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, Jazz, Nuggets, Wolves, Rockets, Clippers, Blazers and Grizzlies and maybe the Pelicans.

West is clearly better IMO. It's not even close.

Cool.

I will place up the west v the East in a winner take all bracket 10 out of 10 times.

East has: Cavs, Celtics, Raptos, Wiz and maybe the Sixers and Magic.

West has: Warriors, Spurs, Thunder, Jazz, Nuggets, Wolves, Rockets, Clippers, Blazers and Grizzlies and maybe the Pelicans.

West is clearly better IMO. It's not even close.

You didnt include the team in 1st place in the East who just beat the Clippers and Warriors?

Last night's recap:

Last night was almost perfect. Fantastic night for Utah. Jazz won!!!!!

But the Clips, Spurs, Rockets, Nuggets, Blazers, Grizzlies, Mavs and Pelicans all lost.

Warriors and Wolves won.

Tonight's games:

Kings @ Pacers (eh)
Suns @ Nets (eh)
Thunder @ Bucks
Pistons @ Lakers

CHOO CHOO!!!!! OP updated with standings and power rankings.

Naw, I decided to adopt the Pacers after they screwed Danny Ainge and the Lakers and sent Paul George away for "peanuts" to spite them. That type of attitude needs to be rewarded. I am very pleased to see Olidapo straight killing it this year. I'm cheering for them 80 out of the 82 games this season.

I did leave of Pistons. So 7-11

Edit: I am not entirely sold on the Magic, Sixers, Pistons, Nuggets and Pelicans though.

I think beating the Clippers/Warrior back-to-back on the road deserves some respect and an automatic stamp of legitness.

I did leave of Pistons. So 7-11

Edit: I am not entirely sold on the Magic, Sixers, Pistons, Nuggets and Pelicans though.

You also left off the team that has the second best player in the east. I'll take the bucks long before I believe in the magic or sixers.

Really, the only take away from the current east/west results is that small sample size means pretty much zilch. The east will have probably 2 or 3 playoff teams with losing records this year, while the west will likely have a team/s miss the playoffs with a winning record.

Also, the league pretty clearly has the officials operating under an agenda right now. Lots of criticism about the dubs and cavs finals being predetermined, and the league seems to be pretending that there is more parity than people thought. I doubt they take they will push that agenda throughout the entire season, though.

Edit: Just to show how meaningless team records are at this point, Utah is 8th in the west right now, but if they had beaten the suns, they'd be tied for 1st in the west. Instead of being overlooked right now, that one game could have everyone talking about how great this team is, like they were after the OKC win. Team records mean **** all right now.

Jazz are beating ****ty teams at home and losing to ****ty teams on the road. The bus still hasn't passed the lottery off ramp. Neg me all you want but the Jazz are not a playoff team right now. Too many turnovers and inconsistent play from the guys they need to be leaders.

good, dont be hopping on this buss once we hit playoffs!

jazz need time to gell, the preseason has been shortened has it not?

also they need to get used to the new time out rules at the end of the game. which speeds up the game and makes it more enjoyable, but takes away prolonging the game for miracle comebacks. I AM TORN on it, sometimes i miss the "unlimited" time out at the end of games.

I wonde rhow sloan would do, as he always saved time outs for the end of game. not calling time outs when opposing teams go on runs

Last night's recap:

Suns, Lakers and Thunder won. Kings lost.

Tonight's games:

Blazers @ Jazz
Suns @ Wizards (eh)
Kings @ Celtics (Cs can get bent)
Rockets @ Knicks
Magic @ Grizzlies
Wolves @ Pelicans (Wolves are bigger competition IMO)
Raptors @ Nuggets
Mavs @ Clips

JJ is out for at least 2 weeks with an "unstable ligament" in his wrist/hand. Need the wings to step up!

CHOO CHOO!!!!!

I think tonight's jazz game is a good barometer for the jazz.

They have won 5 games. They are legit. They will be a playoff team.

I really doubt they will stay that good for long. If I would bet I would bet for them missing playoffs. Boston, Cavs, Raptors, Bucks, Orlando, Heat, Wizzards and Indiana will make it.