What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

Rubio is shooting under 30% in our last 3 games (26% to be exact), all of which were losses.

For now, lets just say he's inconsistent, but he's putting up numbers that resemble Trey Burke.

It's been rough, we started 7-8 last year. It took awhile to get going. Hood will get going a little better if healthy. The offense is a timing offense that will get going a little better.

Mitchell won't have many games this bad. Rubio won't have many games this bad.

We started 7-8 with a tough schedule.

The schedule this year has been easy.

Trust the process...

Because DL will find a decent starter once every 5 years. And waste a bunch of assets in the process.

Rudy be gone in 4 years unless Lindsey ups his performance and retools this abomination of a team.

Last edited:
We've blown both front tires and the transmission is leaking. And the air conditioner smells like a rotting mouse. But the bar is still stocked, fellas!

We started 7-8 with a tough schedule.

The schedule this year has been easy.

That wasnt a tough of schedule last year to start, it was about the same as this year. Its also early to tell where teams are at this year, Philly is on a 5 game win streak now. We lost to a couple of bad lottery teams during that stretch last year. The only solid win we had in that stretch was beating San Antonio who we also got destroyed in that stretch.

Snyder's team start slow every year. His offense is complex and different and he runs his players hard in practice early. We had a lot more new players this year in the system than last year. We also got a little lucky that Hill was on fire to start last year or it would have been worse.

That wasnt a tough of schedule last year to start, it was about the same as this year. Its also early to tell where teams are at this year, Philly is on a 5 game win streak now. We lost to a couple of bad lottery teams during that stretch. The only solid win we had in that stretch was beating San Antonio who we also got destroyed by later.

Snyder's team start slow every year. His offense is complex and different and he runs his players hard in practice early. We had a lot more new players this year in the system than last year. We also got a little lucky that Hill was on fire to start last year or it would have been worse.

So you think this team has a chance to touch 50 wins this year? I wasn't that impressed even in the wins. I expected more from Gobert, but it's hard to operate when you have zero space. DM is inefficient (for now) and isn't always a net positive. Rubio has his strengths, but I don't love the style of basketball he plays.

I think we're a lot worse than last year. I think the Jazz might struggle to reach 40 wins.

Next 10 games we will go 7-3(maybe better). Our record will be 12-9 and ya'll will be felling better.

Its okay, this board is full panic mode every loss, or trying to count how many chips will get after every win. 3 tough losses in a row are hard to deal with, but...

It will get better.

So you think this team has a chance to touch 50 wins this year? I wasn't that impressed even in the wins. I expected more from Gobert, but it's hard to operate when you have zero space. DM is inefficient (for now) and isn't always a net positive. Rubio has his strengths, but I don't love the style of basketball he plays.

I think we're a lot worse than last year. I think the Jazz might struggle to reach 40 wins.

I think we will be right around the same seed in the west this year. Spacing has been less of an issue to me. Its just simply we are not shooting well. Games like OKC where we shoot well we look pretty good. Our energy has been low on defense and our shots are coming up short. That will fix itself. The turnovers from Rubio and others are ugly but I think they will get better, having a team style offense based on timing with essentially 3 or 4 new starters is hard. Gobert started last year but Favors and Hood missed a lot with injuries and were not there and we had Hayward and Hill starting.

Rubio had some hot games and some cold games, I think he will find a groove somewhere in the middle. He is a good mid range shooter and that shot is open for him. In games we win he is hitting those shots. Our offense is producing the looks it wants we just need to make those shots.

Gobert needs to learn to pass better, control the passes to him again better and start blocking out. Snyder is on him quite a bit about it.

Hood will find consistency a little better if he stays healthy. I am always worried about his health but I think he is having hard time getting his legs under himself to start the season and his shots are short, that will fix itself.

Mitchell is a rookie he will be up and down all season. I think games like last night will be rare though.

Favors is starting to hit the three. Millsap didnt really start to shoot threes until this age. He was still with Utah at this age btw. He is struggling to find his role. Assuming he stays healthy I think he will start finding his role better and keep improving on those threes, which obviously can help the team out. His health is also always a concern for me.

Inlges is doing exactly what I expected of him. I expect as Hood and others get going he will stop forcing things as much as well. I wish he would stop passing up shots though.

Udoh and Selolosha are playing great and big additions to the team. They are really helping a lot.

i love this thread bros. also love how it's stickied. sticky busses are the best. we can have so many activities in here. this post is being activity stream'd right now!

That wasnt a tough of schedule last year to start, it was about the same as this year. Its also early to tell where teams are at this year, Philly is on a 5 game win streak now. We lost to a couple of bad lottery teams during that stretch last year. The only solid win we had in that stretch was beating San Antonio who we also got destroyed in that stretch.

I think we had a very significant member of the team out with a finger injury to start the season last year.

You can delude yourself all you want, but this is a lost season. Oh wait, maybe if we get a lottery pick, it's one of the "can't skip steps" seasons for Dennis.

Current records of Jazz opponents to date: 59-57 or 50.9%. Or you could adjust for games against Utah and call it 54-51 if you want.
So just under a .500 record playing teams that are collectively just over .500.

Current records of next 11 opponents (through end of Nov): 55-56.
Will Jazz perform just over .500 against teams just under, going 6-5 or 7-4?

Current records of Jazz opponents in December: 85-73.
Let's hope some of the supposedly tough teams like Cleveland (play them 2x), OKC (play them 3x) and Milwaukee are still struggling. They're all making the December schedule appear "easier" than once thought.

Last edited:
I think we had a very significant member of the team out with a finger injury to start the season.

You can delude yourself all you want, but this is a lost season. Oh wait, maybe if we get a lottery pick, it's one of the "can't skip steps" seasons for Dennis.

Current records of Jazz opponents to date: 59-57 or 50.9%.

Current records of Jazz opponents in December:

not just hayward out, but Hill was missing for those games as well!

Unfortunately our best player Gobert is going to get fed up playing with clowns and he will leave and the team will dissipate into the new brooklyn nets for at least 6 or 7 years.

Unfortunately our best player Gobert is going to get fed up playing with clowns and he will leave and the team will dissipate into the new brooklyn nets for at least 6 or 7 years.
I don't think he can leave. He just signed an extension with the jazz recently.

I think we had a very significant member of the team out with a finger injury to start the season last year.

Current records of Jazz opponents to date: 59-57 or 50.9%. Or you could adjust for games against Utah and call it 54-51 if you want.

Current records of Jazz opponents in December: 85-73.
Let's hope some of the supposedly tough teams like Cleveland (play them 2x), OKC (play them 3x) and Milwaukee are still struggling. They're all making the December schedule appear "easier" than once thought.
We won most of the games when Hayward was out. It was when he came back that we struggled.

8 out of our first 11 games were on the road.

The seats are starting to empty! More of the good stuff for [MENTION=840]fishonjazz[/MENTION] and I!

CHOO CHOO!!!!

Jazz play the Heat tomorrow!!!!

Last night's games:

Rockets, Nuggets and Kings won.

Lakers, Pelicans and Thunder lost.

Tonight's games:

Heat @ Jazz
Clipper @ Thunder (win win)
Bucks @ Spurs
Magic @ Suns
Nets @ Blazers