What's new

Jazz 76ers Game THREAD

• Thread starter Deleted member 5000
  • Start date
Starting to build up a smallish sample size now so thought this is worth pointing out, super encouraging for non-Mitchell minutes

Exum/Korver/Ingles/Crowder/Favors net rating = 14.2

Comparison to the starters

Rubio/Mitchell/Ingles/Favors/Gobert net rating = 6.2
Rubio/Mitchell/Ingles/Crowder/Gobert net rating = 13.5 (this is the Jazz' most played lineup btw)

The only lineup that has a better net rating than the Exum/3shooter/Favs lineup is Rubio/Mitchell/Ingles/Crowder/Favors which in 40 minutes has a net rating of 24.4(!). Worth monitoring as the season goes on but the early returns on that lineup are very good.

Ehh, he's going to be 1 or 2 no matter what. You can live with him getting his. You just can't give up that many good looks to Redick.

One thing was strange tonight, Redick is a catch 22 player for the Sixers cause he is getting abused on switches this year. Quin couldn't seem to expose him on the defensive side of the ball.

That 2nd quarter was a killer. We were increasing the lead when they made some ridiculous shots that had no business going in. Embiid falling down? Check. Redick 3s getting fouled? Check. McConnell aka Steph Curry? Check. They shot 90% for a good part of that quarter which kept them alive.
Add the refs not calling anything against the 76ers (several travels and fouls), and a 7 pt lead turned into a 6 pt deficit. At that point the dynamic changed completely.

That's a disappointing trend to the season: at halftime you can pretty much know the final outcome. If we're losing we're not recovering. We go down and we go down big.

Guys, you should ride the hot hand of the guy who is averaging 7 points on the season. He is the player who will lead you to victory!
I'm all for white knighting Exum here as lately he's received a ton of irrational hate, but Rubio had been playing very well prior to tonight and in a lot of games where Rubio was bad this season Exum was just as bad, if not worse.

It was literally a few games ago where Exum got benched in the 4th quarter, not because he was necessarily playing bad but because Rubio was playing exceptionally well. Exum got a few more minutes than normal tonight too, the unfortunate part was that they came with Rubio on the floor together which all season long has been an awful pairing together and I don't know why Quin tries to force that lineup outside of not wanting to cut Rubio's minutes to play Exum some more. Regardless, it's not like Quin stuck 100% to his usual rotation.

I'm very excited/happy as an Exum stan that he might be potentially turning a corner in the last couple of games, and Quin has finally worked out a lineup and plan that puts him in a position to really succeed with the Exum/3 shooter/Favs lineup, but this might be the 2nd or 3rd game all season long where Exum has clearly outplayed Rubio
from memory and there's simply not enough evidence yet to suggest that Exum getting more minutes off Rubio will be beneficial to the team at this stage.

Also, combined with Dante's limitations, I really love him coming in at the end of 1st and 3rd quarters putting pressure on defenses when the penalty is in play (or near to it). He seems a great option to draw fouls whether shooting or simply penetrating

I just watched it. That stretch from the end of the 2nd quarter through the 3rd quarter was a great example why some people hate the NBA. The refs clearly gave the Sixers an unfair advantage.

- travels not called
- Utah players fouled with no call
- bogus fouls called for them
- balls clearly off them given back to them
- 10+ free throws on non-fouls in the 3rd quarter

It was truly hard to watch unless you are a Sixers fan. I give Philly credit for their ball movement, but it's hard to know if they are a better team when they are given such an advantage.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

76ers are really good. I think they can win the east. I think Rudy is great but embiid is special.

Embiid and Simmons isn't going to work longterm I reckon... unless Simmons does get serious about a jumper (and has the ability to hit shots).
There might be a block buster trade in 18 months or so in relation to this team.

What made me fall off my chair was him attempting a dribble pullup from the mid-range. I guess he got jealous of TJ.
The Exum hate is real with this one.

I was hoping someone would point out that midrange miss by Exum. If you mock that, gotta mock an even uglier attempt by Rubio minutes earlier. Same spot on the floor. The difference - Exum lost his man whereas Rubio was given the open shot by the defense.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

In other news there was a giant fight in the house next to us... family’s druggy son was screaming all sorts of ****. Was completely diffused when cops showed up... so the game wasn’t super exciting but over here there’s lots going on.
Lucky

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

He's clearly better at playing the point than anyone on the team.

That's not exactly a compliment.
Clearly is a stretch imo.
I think you could have Ingles, neto, Allen, Mitchell, X, or Rubio playing point and there wouldn't be a ton of difference in quality of offense or defense either way.
Rubio horrible shooting and turnovers (not to mention the space he kills when the defense doesn't have to guard him) cancels out some of his floor generalness imo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited: