What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

Maybe we could send Fournier to the Lakers with Conley in the Knicks deal to take back Westbrook. We only add 1.6M worth of salary total assuming we take back Toppin + Quickley. Lakers save 6.3M. It is a win-win all the way around. We end up with 8 or 9 1sts when the dust settles plus 3 or 4 pick swaps. Ainge not only breaks the record for most first round picks received in one deal he absolutely obliterates it.

Maybe we could send Fournier to the Lakers with Conley in the Knicks deal to take back Westbrook. We only add 1.6M worth of salary total assuming we take back Toppin + Quickley. Lakers save 6.3M. It is a win-win all the way around. We end up with 8 or 9 1sts when the dust settles plus 3 or 4 pick swaps. Ainge not only breaks the record for most first round picks received in one deal he absolutely obliterates it.

By shedding the 6.3M that puts them under the $9,999,999 threshold of the luxury tax which means $1.75 owed per every dollar over the tax. The incremental maximum for this bracket is 16.25M.

Not only would they save 6.3M worth of salary they’d save almost 16M off of their estimated 32.15M tax bill currently.

That’s a lot of savings.

It would be kind of funny if the Knicks are completely bluffing on their insistence that they keep Barrett and would prefer to give him up rather than more draft picks.

"We insist that Barret NOT be part of the trade!!"

"OK"

"You don't understand how valuable he is going forward!!"

"We get it, he's off the table."

"But he is really, really valuable!!"

It would be kind of funny if the Knicks are completely bluffing on their insistence that they keep Barrett and would prefer to give him up rather than more draft picks.

"OK"

They should use the trade possibility as a way to negotiate an extension with him… we should be complicit in helping them and get more of what we want… teamwork!!!

“Hey better sign this less than max extension soon cuz Utah wants u bad bro… unless you live mountains better do it… then we can take you off the table.”

"OK"

I mean, that is kinda 101 negotiating. Never appear eager to give up an asset.

League wide and bold narrative got a chance to cancel this trade.
Knicks will end up without a true good star dude in every aspect of it.
Jazz will end up not making a good and timely move.
Hope I'm just erred here...

Scrolling Knicks Twitter I came across a tweet with over 275+ replies. Asking if they’d give up all 8 1st round picks if they could keep Barrett/Toppin/Grimes/Quickley. 95% of the replies are in a heartbeat or without thinking twice.

Give us 8 1sts plus 3 pick swaps plus Fournier/Reddish/McBride.

By shedding the 6.3M that puts them under the $9,999,999 threshold of the luxury tax which means $1.75 owed per every dollar over the tax. The incremental maximum for this bracket is 16.25M.

Not only would they save 6.3M worth of salary they’d save almost 16M off of their estimated 32.15M tax bill currently.

That’s a lot of savings.
I just don’t think the Lakers are going to start trading extremely valuable assets to dump salary for the first time ever while they have Lebron (in a contract year).

They gotta get something actually enticing. Which is why if Barrett is in play, I might swing him to LA for the price of owning their draft from 27-29.

Obviously, I’d rather get that stuff without going there, but I want those picks bad. If the Jazz can find a way to do it and get the Knicks picks at the end of the decade as well, they’ll have insane draft capital (basically owning three bad franchises drafts from 27-29) at the same time as they’ll probably be in ascendency. I want that.

How Ainge setup the Celtics in 2017 is what I want here, minus a head case, and minus a douche that explodes his leg 5 minutes into it. That Kyrie and Hayward were failed pursuits speaks to how well he built them such that they could be in the position they’re in now.

I just don’t think the Lakers are going to start trading extremely valuable assets to dump salary for the first time ever while they have Lebron (in a contract year).

They gotta get something actually enticing. Which is why if Barrett is in play, I might swing him to LA for the price of owning their draft from 27-29.

Obviously, I’d rather get that stuff without going there, but I want those picks bad. If the Jazz can find a way to do it and get the Knicks picks at the end of the decade as well, they’ll have insane draft capital (basically owning three bad franchises drafts from 27-29) at the same time as they’ll probably be in ascendency. I want that.

How Ainge setup the Celtics in 2017 is what I want here, minus a head case, and minus a douche that explodes his leg 5 minutes into it. That Kyrie and Hayward were failed pursuits speaks to how well he built them such that they could be in the position they’re in now.

They’re getting Conley and Fournier or maybe it’s Bogey instead or Beverley instead. Those guys help them immediately win today. It’s about getting win now players while getting off of Westbrook. If we got Barrett I would not want to flip him for those picks.

I have watched 10+ videos about this trade. Every single person says they would do it and here we are, still no deal. All of them say they would not care at all to give away grimes, obi, quickly, picks, etc... cause they get a kid that would put some energy back in the seats. Why isn't this done yet?

I have watched 10+ videos about this trade. Every single person says they would do it and here we are, still no deal. All of them say they would not care at all to give away grimes, obi, quickly, picks, etc... cause they get a kid that would put some energy back in the seats. Why isn't this done yet?
Because we need to take them to the point where they’d be uncomfortable, and then make that trade.

Because Danny wants what Danny wants. I’m going to trust Danny on this one after how well he nailed the Gobert trade.

I’ve seen a vision… the Knicks trade does in fact go through… here is what happens after:

-Knicks come out of the gate blazing… 5-0 Donovan scoring 35 a game… MVP talk… Stephen A mocking Ainge for dem picks… BING BONG!!!

- Reality sinks in… defense gets leaky… Randle and Don have a beef going. Cryptic tweets… Knicks sliding.

- Don starts the AS game… is boo’d by Utah fans… says it doesn’t bother him… it does.

- Meanwhile Minny is playing well… Rudy is praising Ants defense. Gobert faces Don head to head and blocks the **** out of him and Don misses a crucial three to lose the game.

- Knicks lose the play in… the NY media has completely turned on Donovan. Knicks pick sits at like #12 but then the lotto comes and it moves up to #1.

- Jazz draft Wemby and Scoot cuz they got 1 and 2 picks.

- Donovan starts doing a lot of baseball workouts… tons of interviews where he says baseball is his first love. Ends up trying out for a triple A team and decides he needs a break from basketball… spends the next few years chasing his dreams… seems real happy. Ends up playing for the Mets. He ends up very happy… marries his old HS gf and has 5 kids. Never has to wear horrible adidas cleats.

Jazz win 5 straight titles.

I’ve seen it.

I mean, that is kinda 101 negotiating. Never appear eager to give up an asset.
Danny is PH. D level of negotiating and what I mean by that is Pretty Huge Dick…

He walks into the room whips it out on the table… several female assistants and one male assistant faint. Danny declares “we all know where this is going” and slides a paper across the table. The opposing GM takes a sip of water and chokes when he sees the offer and spits the water in the table. Danny stares at him and says “you have 48 hours”.

Danny has the market where he wants it though. If the Knicks give up Toppin, Grimes, Fournier and 5 FRPs, everyone will say, "Hey, that's not bad for the Knicks."

Danny has the market where he wants it though. If the Knicks give up Toppin, Grimes, Fournier and 5 FRPs, everyone will say, "Hey, that's not bad for the Knicks."
I’ve decided I’m more than cool with being patient as long as it happens before training camp.

The main things I want:

- NY picks unprotected
- Toppin for entertainment value - it’s gonna be a long season and I think he’s a perfect tank commander.

Scrolling Knicks Twitter I came across a tweet with over 275+ replies. Asking if they’d give up all 8 1st round picks if they could keep Barrett/Toppin/Grimes/Quickley. 95% of the replies are in a heartbeat or without thinking twice.

Give us 8 1sts plus 3 pick swaps plus Fournier/Reddish/McBride.
At some point you need players. Cant have a full season with no a single decentt level long term prospect.