What's new

JAZZ at BUCKS. 8.00 PM EST.

Exum had missed the last 10 three's before tonight. I would call tonights performance from 3 an outlier. But i liked what I saw, he even drove a few times! Had 5 assists too.

Burke supposedly left before the media got to the locker room too.

Maybe because he didn't play in the fourth? I didn't even notice that he was out.

Burke supposedly left before the media got to the locker room too.

Maybe because he didn't play in the fourth? I didn't even notice that he was out.

Burke is not indispensable to this team...I hope they will trade him asap. We can't afford to have two guards on the floor that can't defend...Burks is more than enough.

I will say this, if the Jazz trade Kanter they're trading away their best offensive post threat since 2007 boozer and late 90s Malone. The dude when given the ball in the post is money. Yes he is a black hole and yes his defense sucks sometimes. But when you give him the rock on the block the dude makes things happen (either a score of a turnover). More often than not, a score.

Post guys with his offensive potential don't grow a dime a dozen. However, look at the opportunity cost. Does he bring in a valuable asset while freeing up PT for Gobert?

I'm glad I'm not Lindsey right now. Because right now I'm probably dealing with a pissed off Burke too in addition to this Kanter situation.

Kanter has deficiences but how many one on one scoring threats do we have apart from him, he's the best post up player by far.
Burke just has to suck it up and play whatever role he's given or ask for a trade.

Dante starting tonight might be due to several factors. The Bucks have one of the better backcourt subs in the NBA right now with OJ Mayo, Jared Dudley and Jerryd Bayless and Quin probably knew we'd need some experience and scoring off the bench from Trey to keep up with their second unit. To add to that, I've noticed Dante has been playing really well(when it comes to adding aggression and drives to his game) in the last couple of games and I guess Quin felt like rewarding him with more minutes and a starting role in this one. He probably matches better with Knight than Burke too... It certainly will be interesting to see if he starts next game, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4OBHzXzQaQ

Exum had some great contests as well in defense. Still needs to work on going through screens, but in general good game with some nice drives and dishes...

Exum looked great! Had a rough sequence defensively I saw in the first half when they were isolating Mayo on him, but that's a tough cover for him.

But our team as presently constructed needs offensive Fire power. If Kanter hadn't gone off tonight we lose this game by double digits. We were literally overmatched by the Bucks at every other position other than maybe hayward. So until we get some wings healthy, developed, or in a trade, we need Kanter.

I've been on the trade Kanter bandwagon for a while. And still am mostly because I don't think we can match what someone is going to offer him this summer. However, if we unload Kanter and don't get a good offensive weapon for the perimeter in return, we might not win another game this season.

Playing hayward with a bunch of rookies and d leaguers isn't a recipe for success. We flat out can't score without Hood and Burks.

We could have shaq and malone in their primes and still suck because we must rely on such poor perimeter players. Bless their hearts they play hard. But they ain't any good.

If Hayward goes down this team will struggle to score 60 pts in a game. Defense wins championships but you first need an offense to just get into the playoffs.

I tend to agree with your general point (we're desperate for scoring) but c'mon.... MAYBE Hayward?

tastes-like-victory-gif.gif

I'm not willing to break up who I see as the Jazz core group moving forward. The only comparable piece I can think of in trades for All Star caliber players are Wiggins for Love and maybe Favors for D-Will. Maybe, maybe Vicuvek for Howard. But I think that's really projecting. Philly actually gave away more, IMO, than L. A. did to get Howard. Harden cost spare parts and a lucky draft pick (that slightly salvaged it for OKC.) I'd give the rights to Kanter, Burke and a slew of draft picks. He's still growing, and his ceiling is unreal. . . but he might never reach that. I think a package similar to Harden's young player w/ potential and two firsts is about right.

If the Jazz were to make that trade they would look even worse than when they didn't draft him. :)

Good Enes showed up. Good Exum showed up. Trey got benched. Favs disappeared(hope everything is okay)... Wierd night.

Just a couple annoyances... Exum is good defensively on ball, but his close outs tonight were pretty bad... I'm sure he'll correct it. Also rudy is amazing but sometimes he doesn't need to leave his feet to contest or block a shot. He needs to stay on his feet a bit more. Overall though... The guy just amazes me.

Most of you are nauseating. Can someone say something decent about Kanter? Holy **** this is the most political bunch of nancies in the NBA.

I agree, guy is putting up 23 pts and 16 rebounds and people are bitching about his passing. Jazz fans love hating on players. Now all of a sudden people are loving Dante again. Kanter is a guy who can score with guys hanging all over him and can make outside shots. I just think people have gone way over the top on the criticism towards him. It is beyond ridiculous.

I think we get great value at 18/12. Great considering our fan base thinks he's worth a shot glass of Sunny D.

Throw in a bottle of Smirnoff to go with that Sunny D and you've got a deal!

JK, still think the Jazz have to make some hard choices...eventually...but maybe the correct thing to do is to match Kanter and keep him until Favors re-signs (or leaves).

Kanter needs to eat some Doner Kebabs, sutlac, karniyarik, and kisir to gain about 30 lbs and bully people in the post more. "you can't move him" - some random nike hoops summit announcer

I live around 4 doner places. i spread them out so they only see me once every 4 days. cuts down on the embarrassment.

I agree, guy is putting up 23 pts and 16 rebounds and people are bitching about his passing. Jazz fans love hating on players. Now all of a sudden people are loving Dante again. Kanter is a guy who can score with guys hanging all over him and can make outside shots. I just think people have gone way over the top on the criticism towards him. It is beyond ridiculous.

yeah, this board is full of haters

For all of the trade Kanter talk (and I'm one who predicted the Jazz would not resign him), David Locke (who I find to be a very credible and reliable source) has on a few occasions said that one quite possible outcome is that Kanter elects not to opt out at the end of the year, plays one more year on his rookie contract, and then goes the full, unrestricted FA route the following year. This is, for example, what Greg Monroe did. I know some people seem to think that there's always a robust market for skilled big men, but, judging from Monroe's case, (he did not receive a great deal of interest from other teams contributing to his decision not to opt out) this is not necessarily true. Frankly, for me, this is the ideal scenario. Rather than having to decide whether and how much money to commit money to Kanter, let this play out one more year, at which point we can make a more informed decision.

For all of the trade Kanter talk (and I'm one who predicted the Jazz would not resign him), David Locke (who I find to be a very credible and reliable source) has on a few occasions said that one quite possible outcome is that Kanter elects not to opt out at the end of the year, plays one more year on his rookie contract, and then goes the full, unrestricted FA route the following year. This is, for example, what Greg Monroe did. I know some people seem to think that there's always a robust market for skilled big men, but, judging from Monroe's case, (he did not receive a great deal of interest from other teams contributing to his decision not to opt out) this is not necessarily true. Frankly, for me, this is the ideal scenario. Rather than having to decide whether and how much money to commit money to Kanter, let this play out one more year, at which point we can make a more informed decision.

It's not "opting out." The Jazz extend a qualifying offer to make him a RFA. Kanter can choose to sign it or not. IINM, the qualifying offer for Enes is $7.5M, which is different than what the figure used in calculating his cap hold. I do agree with you that Enes could choose that option. Risky? Perhaps (chance of injury). But the payoff would be that he'd be an UNRESTRICTED free agent in the very summer the cap is going to skyrocket.

This is the WORST scenario for Utah. If they can lock him up for 4 years even at $15M/per, that's a much better deal than paying him $7.5M next season, then having to try to outbid other teams if they want to keep him (when a max contract for him would be $20M/per). But if Kanter really believes he'll be a max player, he'd actually be wise to wait. Over the course of 4 seasons, he could make almost $8M more by waiting, plus then have the next season at $20M. Maybe the Jazz could offer him an opt out clause in 3 years like Hayward has in his deal. Kanter gets the same amount of money over 3 years, then has the chance to get a big contract after that. Whatever the contract, it will eventually come down to choosing to keep Favors or Kanter - unless one of them makes the choice for Utah by leaving as an UFA.