What's new

Jazz at Grizz - 4/14- 6 PM MT- TONY ALLEN GETS OWNED

Why don't we just start Favors, move Millsap to the 3, and Hayward to the 2? It seems to work fine and Favors' and Kanter's minutes would both go up a lot.

If you're wondering how OJ Mayo keeps getting wide open threes, it's because Jefferson completely loses Gasol on the pick and roll and Hayward has to go help.

Jefferson's pick and roll defense has just lost us two games in a row. We will never be a good defensive team with him.

If you're wondering how OJ Mayo keeps getting wide open threes, it's because Jefferson completely loses Gasol on the pick and roll and Hayward has to go help.

Jefferson's pick and roll defense has just lost us two games in a row. We will never be a good defensive team with him.

Absolutely right on this! Corbin has treated his players like gerbils this season. He just has them stay on that wheel, doing the exact same thing. Al cannot guard the P & R, so the Jazz must go to a zone or lose the game.

So where the hell is our clutch player? Is this team trying to win or are they playing for a pick? I'm so confused! If they are going to suck, suck bad so I don't feel like watching the game. I don't know if it's just me, but Harris always seems to be casually strolling down the court in the last seconds. It's probably because he's waiting for a throw-the-ball to big slow Jefferson play. Makes me wonder why we lose so many close games. I just want one clutch player, Millsap and Hayward are the closest players we have.

So where the hell is our clutch player? Is this team trying to win or are they playing for a pick? I'm so confused! If they are going to suck, suck bad so I don't feel like watching the game. I don't know if it's just me, but Harris always seems to be casually strolling down the court in the last seconds. It's probably because he's waiting for a throw-the-ball to big slow Jefferson play. Makes me wonder why we lose so many close games. I just want one clutch player, Millsap and Hayward are the closest players we have.

The jazz played their asses off against a better team. Lighten up.

Ummmm...

Gotta love the cheerleaders (boler and Alema) blaming this game on the refs. I sense that Greggy boy and KOC know the playoffs ain't happenin so the propaganda is being spewed about the refs.

Um no. Just stop.

Reasons why we lost tonight:

#1 Jefferson's lack of rotation screws our wings which causes them to cover longer distances and leaving opponent wing players much more open than if Jefferson actually tried half as hard as any of our other bigs.
#1a Our perimeter defense is horrific... Against anyone and everyone, we CONSTANTLY give up 3 pointers. Jefferson is a huge reason for this. But then also, I think the Jazz have had a longstanding reputation for giving up 3 pointers. Didn't Stever Kerr say something like, "Whenever we played the jazz our eyes lit up?" This kind of crap needs to change.
#2 Harris and the rest of this offense struggled to execute to get open shots late in the 4th when we HAD TO HAVE IT.
#3 We need a 3 point bomber. Just look at what OJ Mayo did.
#4 Opponents attack the rim. We don't. We typically use finesse. Which is hit or miss. For most of this game, it was hit. Until the 4th quarter when things get tougher and calls get harder to get. This is another reason why we aren't ready for
#5 Millsap's two missed FTs were big. On the flip side, giving up an offensive rebound on their missed FT was just as big...

Once again, it wasn't the officiating that cost us this game. The Grizz stepped up in crunch time. They beat us. It was a good hard fought game. The grizz stepped up in the 4th and we didn't. Give the Grizz credit. Mayo and Gay made big plays.

And this loss shouldn't be too sad for the Jazz. We battled and lost. It was a tough game. Memphis was a damn tough team in the playoffs last year.

When we look back at this season, the games that really suck and hurt are the games we SHOULD have won against crappy opponents. If only we had showed up!!! Had we not crapped games against Minny, Sacramento, and NO (twice) we would be talking about which seed we were fighting for instead of lotto pick. If only we had played with half the effort in NO that we did tonight. Unfortunately, you cannot constantly just show up half drunk, play with no energy, and expect to beat anybody.

That's why this game isn't disappointing to me. We shouldn't have won this game. On the road against a damn good team? All I can ask for is a good effort. On the road against NO? Ummm should be a guaranteed win. So should at home against Sactown.

The Jazz played hard tonight. Shutdown Zebo. We executed for most of the game. Millsap was tough. The 2nd unit played well in the 2nd quarter. We played well. No doubts about it. WE just lost to a better and more experienced team. The Grizz were a darn good playoff team last year. No shame in losing to them. The shame comes from losing to NO twice...

Last edited: