What's new

Jazz at Grizz - 4/14- 6 PM MT- TONY ALLEN GETS OWNED

Have we ever seen a line-up with Kanter, Favors and Millsap? That would probably be our best defensive front court.
And I wouldn't mind seeing Kanter and Favors get a few more shots.

Uh...those 3 played together tonight if I'm not mistaken.
Yep they did, it was with Tinsley at the PG and Burks at the SG, I remember cause I was wondering how many minutes that line up had played before and thinking that it may work better with Harris or Hayward because if the other team went to zone that lineup would be in trouble.

I also thought the first 3qtrs of officiating was poor, in the first half they called one shooting foul on the Grizz (and one FT for defensive 3sec) and only 1 more in the 3rd Qtr, so that means through 3 Qtrs of play they called 2 shooting fouls against the Grizz.

But despite that the Jazz could've still won just didn't make plays down the stretch. Thriller brought up what I thought was the turning point, he missed 2 FT's gave up an offensive rebound on the following Grizz possession off a missed Grizz FT and then the miscommunication between Harris and Millsap they both share the blame on that one.
Hard to question Millsap's heart and effort though going and playing through his wrist issue but just saying last night in the closing of the game those plays hurt the Jazz.

Oh lastly I don't like it when the Jazz announcers/staff complain about refs, leave that for whinny fans like myself, just acknowledge it by saying something like no comment or I don't want to get fined things a long those lines.
I just don't to them to turn into BOS or HOU announcers.

getting a "hand in" on three point shooters is not enough. this has been a constant beef of mine for the last month or so. you can't give a solid outside shooter 6-8 feet of space and only close the gap AFTER he elevates. yes, your hand is up by the time he releases, but that's too late for a pure shooter like oj mayo or rudy gay -- by that time, the shot is already lined up and your hand being there does nothing. you have to close that space on shooters.

the last OJ three i'll excuse the jazz D because hayward was helping and had to recover from 10-12 feet away... all the other 4th quarter bombs were the same old story -- isolation defense, but they sag off of the guy and then make that "oh s***" run towards him when the shot is going up.

getting a "hand in" on three point shooters is not enough. this has been a constant beef of mine for the last month or so. you can't give a solid outside shooter 6-8 feet of space and only close the gap AFTER he elevates. yes, your hand is up by the time he releases, but that's too late for a pure shooter like oj mayo or rudy gay -- by that time, the shot is already lined up and your hand being there does nothing. you have to close that space on shooters.

the last OJ three i'll excuse the jazz D because hayward was helping and had to recover from 10-12 feet away... all the other 4th quarter bombs were the same old story -- isolation defense, but they sag off of the guy and then make that "oh s***" run towards him when the shot is going up.

Well, to be fair, their anchor for help defense if their man gets by them is as helpful as a feather.

i hear ya, darkwing. i'm sure that's part of the reason our guys on the perimeter are afraid to get up and under shooters... just doesn't mean it's ok to let a guy go 4-for-5 from 3 point land and never be within two yards of him when he elevates.