What's new

Jazz at Laker... Errr Timberwolves 6pm MST

Donovan shoots .05% better? Take doesn't mean he's better offensively
Sure... more points, better offensive rating, better PER, better offensive win shares, better obpm, and VORP do though. It's not really that close either.

Sure... more points, better offensive rating, better PER, better offensive win shares, better obpm, and VORP do though. It's not really that close either.

Of course he does, Bogey doesn't have the ball in his hands every play like Donovan does. Bogey is DEFINITELY the better pure shooter and it's NOT close

Of course he does, Bogey doesn't have the ball in his hands every play like Donovan does. Bogey is DEFINITELY the better pure shooter and it's NOT close
Yeah, I agree he's a better shooter. He's not a better offensive player. Even if you put the ball in bogeys hands more Mitchell is still a better offensive player and every stat backs that up. They both fill their roles well for us. I'm glad we have them.

This shows Mitchell as better. 45.6>45.1

Those stats are through the first 13 games, so it hasn't factored in tonight's game yet. Donovan was 9/24 tonight and Bogey was 9/18, so Bogey's now shooting slightly better for the season. Also Bogey's 3 point percentage is quite a bit better.

Mudiay actually contributes doe.
What does he contribute, exactly? Plays 16 minutes at PG for 0 assists and 1 TO? 6 misses on 7 shots? A massive +/- of -24 in a game we won by 8?

He's a blinkered ball-hog who has 27 assists and 22 turnovers on the season and shoots less than 25% from deep. He's a liability, not an asset.

What does he contribute, exactly? Plays 16 minutes at PG for 0 assists and 1 TO? 6 misses on 7 shots? A massive +/- of -24 in a game we won by 8?

He's a blinkered ball-hog who has 27 assists and 22 turnovers on the season and shoots less than 25% from deep. He's a liability, not an asset.

That's the thing, when he's not scoring, and making tough tough buckets against the defense, he has nothing.

I still stand by the fact that he has been a good resource for bench scoring for the most part, when we've needed it.

That's the thing, when he's not scoring, and making tough tough buckets against the defense, he has nothing.

I still stand by the fact that he has been a good resource for bench scoring for the most part, when we've needed it.

Poor mans AB, maybe destitute mans AB.

I wouldn't mind AB coming off this bench right about now.

Not for the 14 mil or whatever it was we were paying him. AB is a better (streaky) shooter than mudiay too. Maybe a healthy Exum takes his minutes, maybe ed davis comes good, Quin doesn't really go with 8 man rotations tho, its normally 9 or 10 men.

Bogey is nice. Mitchell is better offensively. Mitchell is averaging 5 more points per game on better shooting percentages. Plus double the assists.

This isnt correct.
Bojan is shooting 46%, 45%, and 90% (efg 56%)
Donovan is shooting 45%, 38%, and 82% (efg 50%)

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

It did change with this last game. But Mitchell was better until this game. But it's pretty much the same shooting percentage from the field on higher volume.
From the field it's pretty similar. Overall efficiency (3 point, free throw, efg) bogey is quite a bit better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

From the field it's pretty similar. Overall efficiency (3 point, free throw, efg) bogey is quite a bit better.

Yes, he is a better shooter. But Mitchell is better at creating for himself and others. That's why Mitchell has a better PER, offensive rating, offensive win shares, offensive win shares per minute, and offensive bpm.

Mitchell is the better offensive player by a decent amount. He asked to do much more and is doing a good job at it. He is also getting a lot more attention from opposing defenses but still shooting a decent percentage despite our team offense being very poor. I think he will get even more efficient and better when the team gets going offensively.

Bogey is nice. Mitchell is better offensively. Mitchell is averaging 5 more points per game on better shooting percentages. Plus double the assists.
Bogey shoots higher fg%s than Mitchell for both the 2 and the 3. I'm not sure what you're looking at. His 3 point shooting % is elite.

It did change with this last game. But Mitchell was better until this game. But it's pretty much the same shooting percentage from the field on higher volume.
I think the main problem with your original post and why so many people have critiqued it is that it said Donavon has better shooting percentages. Probably should have dropped that "s" and/or wrote Donovan shoots slightly better from the field (since it was true at the time of your post though it's no longer true)