What's new

Jazz at Laker... Errr Timberwolves 6pm MST

Two Alphas in the backcourt learning to work with each other. Conley had a nice game. He earned my trust back with the ball in his hand. Nice way to close the game. Mitchell had a nice some nice D and the ball movement was clicking.

Earn and trust are good words to use in this context.

You are aware of what the term expectations means in this context, right?

It means they haven't played to their potential or hype.
Right, I'm not debating that at all, nor is that what the OP said. His point was that we have a ton of potential that we haven't realized, in other words we haven't reached our ceiling. And we still have a pretty solid record so far.

I guess there's two ways to look at this, you can think this is who the Jazz are, and what we've seen from them so far is what we'll get the rest of the year. In that case we're on pace for 52 wins.

On the other hand, you can think that we've underperformed relative to what this team is capable of and we'll see improved play down the stretch. In which case it's reasonable to expect us to be in the 55+ win range. I think that's roughly what most of us expected from this team.

Last edited:
Seriously what is the ****ing use of playing Dante in the corner. FFS if he's on the court play him in P&r. Or ****ing trade him. I'm over seeing him stand in the corner. I sure he's over it as well. Just ****ing trade him and give him a chance with a new team.

finally we agree on something...

Right, I'm not debating that at all, nor is that what the OP said. His point was that we have a ton of potential that we haven't realized, in other words we haven't reached our ceiling. And we still have a pretty solid record so far.

I guess there's two ways to look at this, you can think this is who the Jazz are, and what we've seen from them so far is what we'll get the rest of the year. In that case we're on pace for 52 wins.

On the other hand, you can think that we've underperformed relative to what this team is capable of and we'll see improved play down the stretch. In which case it's reasonable to expect us to be in the 55+ win range. I think that's roughly what most of us expected from this team.

I guess I just look at it like what I've seen now. This isn't an absolute or forecast. Just an assessment based off of what's been showcased.

I can try and make, "weather forecasts" for what I think the Jazz will be or end up playing like, sure. But up to this point, they still need to figure things out.

I guess I just look at it like what I've seen now. This isn't an absolute or forecast. Just an assessment based off of what's been showcased.

I can try and make, "weather forecasts" for what I think the Jazz will be or end up playing like, sure. But up to this point, they still need to figure things out.
Yeah we're basically on the same page I think. I'm by and large disappointed from what we've seen this year (mainly the offense and the bench), but then I look at our record and realize it's not that dire, and there's reason to be optimistic.

Great character win for us tonight. Loved the way that Conley owned Teague - great indication he's getting his confidence back. Our big money acquisitions are really starting to look the part.

This is one of the games where I actually think Mike played up to his contract.

16 and 6 rebs with 8 assists, and in the process not even turning the ball over once, good shooting, and we won the game?

I'll take that every day. He hardly put a foot wrong this whole game, in fact he probably didn't. So happy for him.

Again, offensively speaking. Bogey is just a cold blooded killer. I get that Mitchell has a higher ceiling, but when you compare the fg's per game, Bogey is nice. He's a leader that doesn't even have to say anything too.
Bogey is nice. Mitchell is better offensively. Mitchell is averaging 5 more points per game on better shooting percentages. Plus double the assists.

Please trade Dante it's gone on for far to long. Standing in the corner all the time again. Trade please!

Bogey is nice. Mitchell is better offensively. Mitchell is averaging 5 more points per game on better shooting percentages. Plus double the assists.
Where you getting your stats from sir? I'm pretty sure Bogeys 44% 3PG is > Donovans 37%

Actually Bogey's shooting percantages are better than Donovan's.

Where you getting your stats from sir? I'm pretty sure Bogeys 44% 3PG is > Donovans 37%
Lol

Mitchell is shooting better from the field. Bogey is a better 3 point shooter. That doesn't make him a better offensive player.