What's new

Jazz back on KJZZ next season

Just skimmed the article. It looks like there will be a streaming service as well. I'm curious how it will compare with league pass.

I wonder how this affects his pocket book, I think it's going to be a lot.

Seems like something only a super invested in the fan base owner would do. I'm glad we have a Utah native super fan as our owner, even though this news likely doesn't affect me at all since I don't live in Utah.

Seems like something only a super invested in the fan base owner would do. I'm glad we have an Utah native super fan as our owner, even though this news likely doesn't affect me at all since I don't live in Utah.
There’s definitely going to be other ways they can make money off of this, I think it’s a pretty smart long term strategic decision

Seems like something only a super invested in the fan base owner would do. I'm glad we have a Utah native super fan as our owner, even though this news likely doesn't affect me at all since I don't live in Utah.
I dunno. Directly maybe it does but, to me, actually having everyone really interested in the Jazz pays many more indirect dividends.

To be fair on this, there wasn't much of a choice. RSNs are pretty much all going down, so it was either this or nothing. The upshot is the streaming service has the potential to be done with minimal relative overhead as the key content is already being produced for TV, so he'll make some of that cash back. Basically, he gets to look like a great guy while quietly increasing his product's accessibility and availability. He knows what he's doing.

I hope the streaming service is at least 1080 or preferably 4k. The over the air option is awesome for people in Utah. HD over the air for free is the best way to go. The problem for both will be the National games. That means you might need to get 2 streaming services. If it was regular season games then it would not be a big deal but I wonder about playoffs.