What's new

Jazz back on KJZZ next season

To be fair on this, there wasn't much of a choice. RSNs are pretty much all going down, so it was either this or nothing. The upshot is the streaming service has the potential to be done with minimal relative overhead as the key content is already being produced for TV, so he'll make some of that cash back. Basically, he gets to look like a great guy while quietly increasing his product's accessibility and availability. He knows what he's doing.
What is an RSN?

Does anyone know if a streaming service carries KJZZ? I subscribed to DirectTV Stream just to watch the Jazz and I'll drop them like a hot potato if can find a streaming service that carries KJZZ.

Huge news for Jazz fans living in Utah. I do not any more, so I've had league pass for the last few years, but my parents are still in Utah and haven't watched the Jazz for years since they don't have cable TV. I'm glad Ryan Smith got it done after talking about it basically ever since he bought the team.

I think it could be a good move for business too. Watching games on kjazz with my parents when I was a kid is how I got into basketball and the Jazz in the first place. Ryan Smith is about the right age to know that a lot of younger people, people who are likely to have young kids that could be future jazz fans, don't have cable TV. Giving those people easy access to jazz games could be a major long term win for building the fanbase.

That already exists for kjazz. You just go to the website and watch it live
I don't think this is true.

I went to their website to see and I don't see anywhere to get the same stream as what's currently on their channel on TV.

I don't think this is true.

I went to their website to see and I don't see anywhere to get the same stream as what's currently on their channel on TV.
I just casually glanced and assumed the "watch" was live tv. But maybe it's something else.

I was under the impression KJZZ was not an option. Apparently I was wrong.

You take your product that only 40% of the state had access to and up it to 90+%. That's a huge win.

Could he part of an ownership group trying to get an NFL team in Utah and if so, could this be part of why he’s doing it? Build his brand…grow interest…