What's new

Jazz @ Celtics 5:30 MT

Damn, that game winning layup hurts :(

Hayward had a great clutch shot though. Tough shot for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just when you thought this team was turning a corner... We dump against yet another Lakers like team.

All well

Just one game

Damn, that game winning layup hurts :(

Hayward had a great clutch shot though. Tough shot for sure.

Yeah, but fortunately losses don't really matter this year. I can look at it as an almost win, we just could not quite close it out. Learning. Great recognition and play call on that last play. Also, Snyder suggested that Rudy got out of position guarding the inbound pass. Again, learning.

I was very impressed by Derrick last night. Could be a good shooter eventually. Would do wonders for our play making.

Agree. We just can't have Gordon as the only shooter in the game and Favors as the only other scorer. Gobert, Exum and Ingles are not threats offensively. Pretty hard to play 2-on-5 on that end, no matter how well our defense plays.
I disagree somewhat. 10 points from your center, while not ideal, is okay. 3 points and 1 assist from your starting PG is beyond bad and an embarrassment. What's worse, for more than a month, Exum is getting 3.1 ppg and 2.9 APG. He's not scoring at and not helping his teammates score. The Jimmer of offense.

Gobert is offensively challenged, but doesn't belong in the same sentence as Exum in terms of ineptitude.

I disagree somewhat. 10 points from your center, while not ideal, is okay. 3 points and 1 assist from your starting PG is beyond bad and an embarrassment. What's worse, for more than a month, Exum is getting 3.1 ppg and 2.9 APG. He's not scoring at and not helping his teammates score. The Jimmer of offense.

Gobert is offensively challenged, but doesn't belong in the same sentence as Exum in terms of ineptitude.

The main reason Gobert and Exum are different offensively is that Gobert is agressive. He is trying new things and is not afraid to mess up. The eurostep, the wrap around Gasol, the hook shot... Gobert is trying new things and working on expanding his game during games. Not just in practice. The results are turnovers, FTs and above all growth.

Exum simply isn't doing anything other than passing, great D and the occassional 3 pointer. I expect him to be better next season.

The main reason Gobert and Exum are different offensively is that Gobert is agressive. He is trying new things and is not afraid to mess up. The eurostep, the wrap around Gasol, the hook shot... Gobert is trying new things and working on expanding his game during games. Not just in practice. The results are turnovers, FTs and growth.

Exum simply isn't doing anything other than passing, great D and the occassional 3 pointer. I expect him to be better next season.
Right. My point is, to put Gobert and Exum in the same sentence, is unfairly harsh to Gobert. And unfortunately, in these game threads, we're talking about this year, what is happening now, not next year or five years from now.

Not sure you can call what we did "defense" when we only forced 3 turnovers the entire game. 13 TO to 3? No wonder we lost.

Still Rudy had a nice line.

I'm putting them in the same sentence because they really aren't offensive weapons. Gobert doesn't have a game out to the FT line, You know if he gets the ball out there, he's not going to shoot. And you know Exum and Ingles will only shoot a couple of times. So that allows defense to focus on Hayward and Favors. That's what I meant.

And yes, I have no problem with Gobert scoring 8-10 points around the basket. He's going to keep improving his game, but even now, he more than makes up for it defensively. Exum does not. No matter how good he may be defensively (and I'd argue he is better than average but not "elite"), having a 3pt/per game player who mainly just hands off to Hayward is a net liability.

To build around Gobert and Favors means we need three shooters to space the floor. Gordon has shown he can be adequate, even with his recent 3PT slump. Trey isn't the answer. He's an inconsistent ball hog. Burks CAN be one of those guys, if he can shoot the 3 like he did before the injury (38%). Hood looks like a solid backup with range. So it all comes to PG.

There's hope for the Jazz to win against Boston next year, though. Celtics are set to sign Javale McGee to a multi-year deal.

Give props to Hay for hitting the clutch J on the road. Tip your cap to Boston for the answer.

Game over lets move on.

Why do we switch making hood cover a 7 footer? that's one of my biggest concerns. That and that giant mole growing on my back.

Not sure you can call what we did "defense" when we only forced 3 turnovers the entire game. 13 TO to 3? No wonder we lost.

Still Rudy had a nice line.
Not sure you can just measure defense by TO's. Boston held to 37.5 FG% and 29.6% on 3's. Also outrebounded them by 51 to 39. Defense was pretty solid.

Personally...I've never felt so good about a loss. This Jazz team is good and has the potential to be great! We just need to stay focused on development and not handcuff ourselves with any ludicrous FA signings. Draft smart and keep bringing in players like Booker and we'll be playing deep into the playoffs very soon.

P.S. I know I'm a "lurker" but I check this site almost every single day. This is by far the best website for Jazz news and fan input. Thanks everyone.

We arrived in Boston at 3 am the morning of the game.

Once that happened, we lost the game. This was a trap game big time and we found out why. Tough scheduling there.

We arrived in Boston at 3 am the morning of the game.

Once that happened, we lost the game. This was a trap game big time and we found out why. Tough scheduling there.

Not an excuse. Jazz played in Memphis, but Boston played at Cleveland. They probably arrived about the same time (maybe Celtics get there an hour earlier?). We lost this game because of our PG's.

Not an excuse. Jazz played in Memphis, but Boston played at Cleveland. They probably arrived about the same time (maybe Celtics get there an hour earlier?). We lost this game because of our PG's.

Boston was blown out in Cleveland though and was able to rest their players more.

Boston landed before 11, if I remember correctly.

Different when you're coming back home though. Also a longer flight.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

While I'm very pleased and excited about the progress the team has made this year, I find it a bit unsettling that it loses so often to bad teams, even at home. So far, it has lost to Celtics twice (once at home), Magic at home, Pacers at home, Lakers at home, and Nuggets at home, and Hornets. Granted that several of these losses occurred earlier in the season, but these are all teams the Jazz should beat, and need to beat, particularly at home, if it is going to push for the playoffs next year. Too many other difficult games on the schedule to lose so often to the cellar dwellers. The Celtics are not a good team, and we should have beat them. And losing to the Lakers at home? Just plain embarrassing.

Not only that, but they need to start separating themselves from the bad teams; both beat them and beat them soundly.

I'll be curious to see how the Jazz do against the 76ers tonight. If they struggle, or if they lose, that's a reason for concern among all the current euphoria.