What's new

Jazz @ Celtics 5:30 MT

Is Hayward taking his foot off the gas now that the chance of an all-star appearance is over?

He is playing much more passively and not trying as hard it seems. He could be banged up and worn down from this season or he might not care about the season anymore and isnt going to make an all-nba team.

He could also be following coaches instructions and letting other guys step up. Giving Burke, Hood and others more of a chance to run plays.

Is Hayward taking his foot off the gas now that the chance of an all-star appearance is over?

He is playing much more passively and not trying as hard it seems. He could be banged up and worn down from this season or he might not care about the season anymore and isnt going to make an all-nba team.

He could also be following coaches instructions and letting other guys step up. Giving Burke, Hood and others more of a chance to run plays.
Nope. He's trying to do too much. Hayward's slump has pretty much coincided with Kanter's trade.
It's very easy for other teams to take Hayward out of the game. They have no other shooters to worry about. Ingles MIGHT hit a couple of shots. Dante's only going to take 3 attempts and make 1. And Gobert will mainly score off put-backs. You can live with that. Shut down Hayward when he drives and make him take stepbacks or 3's (he's 7 for his last 36). Cover Favors inside. Right now it's pretty easy to defend against the Jazz' offense.

Nope. He's trying to do too much.
It's very easy for other teams to take Hayward out of the game. They have no other shooters to worry about. Ingles MIGHT hit a couple of shots. Dante's only going to take 3 attempts and make 1 shot. And Gobert will mainly score off put backs. You can live with that. Shut down Hayward when he drives and make him take stepbacks or even 3's. Cover Favors inside. Right now it's pretty easy to defend against the Jazz' offense.

Post all star break he stands in the corner a lot more than the rest of the season. Often when he gets the ball he just keeps it moving and passes. It does seem like when the team is really struggling he tries a little harder but maybe thats just what I am seeing.

Post all star break he stands in the corner a lot more than the rest of the season. Often when he gets the ball he just keeps it moving and passes. It does seem like when the team is really struggling he tries a little harder but maybe thats just what I am seeing.

He's bust.

Just finished the game. The refs were atrocious as was our shooting.

If teams go small on us we have to be able to get the ball to favors in the post to punish them. He's pretty good down low.

Also Gobert has to punish them by hitting the offensive glass.

We can fix most of our wing problems by burks getting healthy and adding a free agent or draft pick, but we are painted into a corner on the point guard position. Pray for dante.

We can fix most of our wing problems by burks getting healthy and adding a free agent or draft pick, but we are painted into a corner on the point guard position. Pray for dante.

Yep...unless Snyder and Lindsey are willing to trade Trey and bring in a vet. Then have Dante either come off the bench or come out after 6 mins. of the 1st/3rd. Exum needs to hit 35% or above on his 3's to get minutes. Otherwise, no matter how good he is offensively, he's too much of a liability on the offensive end (kind of like Boozer or Big Al in reverse).

The one GOOD thing to remember is Alec has no problem being aggressive and driving to the hoop, which is what we'd like Dante to do. So essentially, Burks could be our PG with Dante as the SG. But it still comes down to Exum being able to hit shots.

We really just need some shooters and we need to improve our entry passes. Way too many times we are unable to get Favors the ball quickly even when they're putting some scrub like Crowder on him.

If we can do those two things I think we can win a lot over the next few years, and it's not like those are impossible to do.

I liked Hood for the most part again tonight, his ability to create offense is really valuable and as he gets more comfortable that should only get better.

Yep...unless Snyder and Lindsey are willing to trade Trey and bring in a vet. Then have Dante either come off the bench or come out after 6 mins. of the 1st/3rd. Exum needs to hit 35% or above on his 3's to get minutes. Otherwise, no matter how good he is offensively, he's too much of a liability on the offensive end (kind of like Boozer or Big Al in reverse).

The one GOOD thing to remember is Alec has no problem being aggressive and driving to the hoop, which is what we'd like Dante to do. So essentially, Burks could be our PG with Dante as the SG. But it still comes down to Exum being able to hit shots.

We need outside shooting badly. I'm wondering how the offense is going to look after Burks comes back with Gobert and Favors down there. Not much space for a guard who is a slasher

We need outside shooting badly. I'm wondering how the offense is going to look after Burks comes back with Gobert and Favors down there. Not much space for a guard who is a slasher
But isn't that what we want Dante to be? The only knock on Burks may be that he won't pass when he gets inside.

But isn't that what we want Dante to be? The only knock on Burks may be that he won't pass when he gets inside.

Wouldn't mind having one in the starting lineup and one off the bench. Dante, Hayward and a knockdown shooter/scorer. Burks off the bench with a PG who can shoot the ball and a rock solid wing defender at the 3.

I want both guys to knock down the open 3 so they can play off the ball. I haven't seen much of Burks with Favors and Gobert on the floor (thanks Corbin!). Next season is going to be interesting. Perhaps Favors keeps improving his mid range game and Gobert develops a reliable 10 footer. We need better shooting from every position, but mostly from our guards. Tonight shooting was painful to watch.

thomas can ball... wish we got him from kanter trade :(

It would be interesting if we had a high volume shot/point creator like him. With our defense we can support one of those types of players and even if they are a bit inefficient sometimes it would likely be better than our offense looks now.

Also our guys had tired legs... It was pretty apparent. We got no 50/50 balls tonight.

thomas can ball... wish we got him from kanter trade :(

Really? I don't like Thomas' game at all. He can't play defense and he just shoots so much, I'm pretty sure he's not a great teammate either seeing how he's been traded and his first team didn't keep him.

Really? I don't like Thomas' game at all. He can't play defense and he just shoots so much, I'm pretty sure he's not a great teammate either seeing how he's been traded and his first team didn't keep him.

I wish we had a player as quick as Thomas with a higher basketball IQ. Maybe this will be Dante in a couple of years.

All I know is after hearing Harp bitch about his carrying the ball constantly I know how to have great dribble moves - carry like a **** on every single one. That dude is seriously putting his hand directly under the ball on every single dribble.

It's officially confirmed that the Utah Jazz struggle against weaker teams. Some kind of a mental issue there.. Well, we have a lot of time to find out why.

I'd like t o see Exum go down to the Dleague for two weeks and tear some people up. Hes lost right now, and needs a boost.