What's new

Jazz @ Celtics 5:30 MT

Evans to guard inbounds, Gobert down low. Pretty basic. But the team blew this game in the second quarter.

Sent from the JazzFanz app
Evans guarding the inbounds, Gobert and Favors down inside with Hayward and Exum harassing IT and whoever their 2nd best shooter is. Keep it out of the paint and contest the long two.

Better that the Jazz learn these lessons and crap this season. Work out as many bugs on the court and in coaching as you can now.

D held and the Jazz fought. The constants are there.

1st off - Gobert absolute rock star again.....

With that said, Snyder was outcoached that last play. Gobert did not know how to defend the inbound, he did not uses his size to make the pass more difficult.
Snyder should have known that and kept rudy by the rim and put evans in to guard the inbound.......

Again, not Rudys fault, but poor coaching

And somehow, Rudy almost got the block. Insane! If he'd been anywhere at all other than guarding the inbounds pass, I bet that he's the hero with a monster block or contest. The Jazz had great positioning except for Hood. Too much length to give up underneath.

Live and learn. This is a good year to make mistakes and learn from them. Next year, these losses will hurt much, much more.

Oh. . . and Exum ABSOLUTELY smothered IT. Thomas was not getting a shot off.

Reactions:

crushed-hope-o.gif

romo-ception-10-28-121.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14948-1380645372-92.gif

i9MMn3f9vR4eS.gif

Nooooo_(1).gif

Red_NOOOOO_Gif.gif

Left a lot of points on the floor - period. This team MUST improve their shooting between now and next season if they're going to take a step towards contending.

Chip Engelland - pay the MAN!

That alone would make a world of difference.

And somehow, Rudy almost got the block. Insane! If he'd been anywhere at all other than guarding the inbounds pass, I bet that he's the hero with a monster block or contest. The Jazz had great positioning except for Hood. Too much length to give up underneath.

Live and learn. This is a good year to make mistakes and learn from them. Next year, these losses will hurt much, much more.

Oh. . . and Exum ABSOLUTELY smothered IT. Thomas was not getting a shot off.

Agreed.

When will nba.com finally have pre-made Gobert Jerseys instead of having to order Custom.

Come on man.....

Normally I'd be super pissed but let's face it - Jazz deserved to lose this one. Celtics made all the hustle plays, got way more quality looks and barely turned the ball over all night. Jazz were horrible getting to the right spots on defense around the perimeter. Just a bad, bad game.

Also, wouldn't it be really, really, really nice if Utah had a guard quick like Thomas who can make the defense scramble at will?

Hayward craps the bed against Boston again. Has he ever had a really good game against Boston? Still slumping in general. Expect more.

um .. shooting 5-11 from the field while the ball hogging point guard keeps you from getting shots goes 7-17 and then finally hitting what should have been a game winner is hardly crapping the bed .. when is Trey f#@$% Burke going to figure out the best player on the team needs to be getting his hands on the ball ?????

um .. shooting 5-11 from the field while the ball hogging point guard keeps you from getting shots goes 7-17 and then finally hitting what should have been a game winner is hardly crapping the bed .. when is Trey f#@$% Burke going to figure out the best player on the team needs to be getting his hands on the ball ?????

Only problem this is the same exact strategy they employed in the Blazers and Spurs game which they won - Burke took a ton of shots (more than anyone else on the team) which he happened to hit most of. And like I said after those game and I'm saying again now; this is not a recipe for any type of success.

Burke is basically a slower version of Nate Robinson - he'll shoot you in or out of a game on any given night.

Hayward craps the bed against Boston again. Has he ever had a really good game against Boston? Still slumping in general. Expect more.

Outside of the 3rd quarter against Memphis, Hayward has SUCKED for 5 games in a row. Hmmm...mirrors all of last season and coincides with the trade of Kanter. Gordon DESPERATELY needs a few shooters to take the pressure off of him.

And Trey is back to his chucking (and missing) ways. I knew it was too good to last.

Good gawd we're horrible at shooting 3's.

Gobert with another double-double - 10 points and 16 rebounds. Still wish they'd have gone with more of Gobert and Favors early on. Seemed like Booker was getting a lot of minutes with that small-ball Boston team. I honestly care less about the wins than I do the experience and development. I know that Evans has been getting minutes again (and playing fairly well for stretches) but if Rudy gets hurt, this team is screwed. Pay off Barcelona to bring over Pleiss, or sign a veteran guy to a rest of the year contract with a team option deal to spread out the minutes.