What's new

Jazz Draft Jared Butler

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Everywhere has **** holes. Everywhere has great places to live.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
Not like Alabama. The racism, poverty, abysmal vax rate, low life expectancy… it’s a **** hole.

Facts matter

5FBEB65E-7ED6-487F-A62B-8693FCBAD9E1.jpeg
31ED52CE-7976-4D9B-B885-922D95003A58.png
Vax rate. Like it’s laughably low. Lots of alabama there going to die from an easily preventable virus if only they’d get off their lazy asses and get the vaccine.
A47DDFA8-FFE2-4FA4-9456-1D8A55097249.png
What metrics are you using to determine Alabama’s success?

Utah or hell basically anywhere else, is a better place to live than Alabama. So I don’t blame Butler for leaving.

Last edited:
Alright, I’m just gonna go there:

If Butler comes roaring out of the gates, how expendable does Clarkson (or Conley for that matter...) become? And who could the Jazz trade for to better balance the roster?
In this hypothetical, it’s definitely Conley. You’d ship him out for a two-way wing and some draft capital.

If we under-perform next year, and Butler is showing serious chops, I’d really hope they consider this kind of move.

Not like Alabama. The racism, poverty, abysmal vax rate, low life expectancy… it’s a **** hole.

Facts matter

View attachment 11041
View attachment 11042
Vax rate. Like it’s laughably low. Lots of alabama there going to die from an easily preventable virus if only they’d get off their lazy asses and get the vaccine.
View attachment 11043

Utah or hell basically anywhere else, is a better place to live than Alabama. So I don’t blame Butler for leaving.
Oh, okay. So some stats say that rural Alabama is a little behind so the whole state is a **** hole?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Racism? You think we still live in the 60s? Alabama has more diverse people living side by side than almost any other place. Where do you live?

Vax rate to judge an entire state? Life expectancy is marginally lower? Maybe they are actually out living life.

Visit Gulf Shores Alabama and tell me Alabama is a **** hole. Better beaches than anywhere in the country not called Florida.

Don't visit actually. Stay away. We don't need your negativity.

Oh, okay. So some stats say that rural Alabama is a little behind so the whole state is a **** hole?

You have no idea what you are talking about. Racism? You think we still live in the 60s? Alabama has more diverse people living side by side than almost any other place. Where do you live?

Vax rate to judge an entire state? Life expectancy is marginally lower? Maybe they are actually out living life.

Visit Gulf Shores Alabama and tell me Alabama is a **** hole. Better beaches than anywhere in the country not called Florida.

Don't visit actually. Stay away. We don't need your negativity.

I didn’t post anything about rural Alabama, I posted statistics for the entire state. Should I have posted something about rural Alabama? And it’s not marginally lower, it consistently lacks near the bottom of the nation for major categories.

Keep the politics out of here. Jesus.
Politics? Huh?

We talk about states and cities all the time. Usually we refer to them in terms of markets, culture, and lifestyle. Is describing Alabama’s poor economics and life expectancy as a detriment really that much different than describing Portland being less attractive because it’s a small market or Utah being less attractive because it lacks cultural diversity, sane booze laws, or a Nightlife?

Facts matter

View attachment 11041
View attachment 11042
View attachment 11043

Counterpoint sweet home Alabama is a banger!

I didn’t post anything about rural Alabama, I posted statistics for the entire state. Should I have posted something about rural Alabama? And it’s not marginally lower, it consistently lacks near the bottom of the nation for major categories.
So you understand how statistics work? They are skewed by taking into account the whole. Some bad spots bring great spots down.

Let's just take our Jazz for example. Last year, we had 3 guys (Rudy, Favors, Doke) in our primary roster who couldn't shoot a 3 to save their life. I bet there are other teams that only have 1 guy like that. Maybe 2.

Does that mean our team sucks at 3 point shooting because a lower percentage of our players can hit threes?

I'll use another example - Wyoming is the 6th largest state I think but has the lowest population. It must really suck as a state. But have you been to Jackson?

There isn't a state in our country that's a **** hole. Not one. There is a beautiful part in every single state.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I agree that there is beauty in all the states while there also crappy places in every state. No state can claim a lack of racism. Racism exists everywhere. Now back to basketball. I may be in the minority but I think the Jazz are going to regret the Conley contract if they give him 3 full years at 25 per year. There is no way he is worth that with his injury history. When he is healthy I like what Mike brings to the table.

Also the other issue I have is the talking of just trading Ingles/Bogie for practically nothing. I haven't seen one good trade people have put out there that is realistic and makes the Jazz better. Jazz need all the talented players they have. What they need is more talent not less. Unless a trade can improve the Jazz then I am good with Ingles and Bogie. If near the deadline it is apparent that the Jazz are not real contenders then you trade Ingles or Bogie for picks and younger talented players. I agree both guys have trade value but unless you actually bring back better or equal talent then do not make a trade.

Last edited:
So you understand how statistics work? They are skewed by taking into account the whole. Some bad spots bring great spots down.

Let's just take our Jazz for example. Last year, we had 3 guys (Rudy, Favors, Doke) in our primary roster who couldn't shoot a 3 to save their life. I bet there are other teams that only have 1 guy like that. Maybe 2.

Does that mean our team sucks at 3 point shooting because a lower percentage of our players can hit threes?

I'll use another example - Wyoming is the 6th largest state I think but has the lowest population. It must really suck as a state. But have you been to Jackson?

There isn't a state in our country that's a **** hole. Not one. There is a beautiful part in every single state.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Fair enough

After all the buzzer beaters, all the momentum changers, all the ice breakers when nobody else can throw it in the ocean, I’ll never understand the irrational disdain for Bogey! And he’s the only guy on our squad with a decent post up game.
I agree and he is another guy who can make tough shots. I think it might have to do with his early struggles after surgery but when DM went down he was our first scoring option.

Honestly, if I was Butler I would be coming into the league with a serious chip on my shoulder. He should have gone in the teens and went #40. I would be wanting to prove to all the teams that passed on him they missed out. I hope that motivates him to become the biggest steal in the draft and maybe more.

I agree and he is another guy who can make tough shots. I think it might have to do with his early struggles after surgery but when DM went down he was our first scoring option.
And that he’s generally a poor defensive player, isn’t a great passer, and is at the age he could fall of a cliff at any point.

To be clear, I’m pro-Bogey, but scoring is not what bounced the Jazz from the playoffs and time isn’t on our side.

Alabama is one of the least racist places that I have lived in and I have lived all over the country and the world.

Arkansas on the other hand is blatantly racist and they seem to be proud if it and boast openly about it. I would never go back there.