What's new

Jazz Exit Interviews

What the **** does this mean? Which big name free agents wouldn’t have been worth the opportunity cost?
"Believe me, we can land free agents. I'm having to slap them away from grabbing at my ankles. I do this because I can land someone even bigger!"

It's a lot of talk, insinuating big promises which can't be delivered upon, but spoken vague enough that it's easy to explain away.

What the **** does this mean? Which big name free agents wouldn’t have been worth the opportunity cost?

Maybe it means they’ve had trade offers but felt what they had to give up out weighed what they’d get.

Not a good look.

Sign a big FA. Win the press conference. Ruin our team for the next 5 years.

That's your goal I take it?
It's fine you want to buy everything from the organization hook, line, and sinker. But at that point, why bother posting? It's okay to say that the Jazz don't nail every decision, after all, that's what DL says as well.

Sign a big FA. Win the press conference. Ruin our team for the next 5 years.

That's your goal I take it?
It's ironic because the reason I believe we'll trade for Love is because he'll be a "win the press conference" kind of move, which is a phrase I didn't previously have but captures entirely what I think it will be.

Maybe it means they’ve had trade offers but felt what they had to give up out weighed what they’d get.

Not a good look.

Maybe... hope he’s talking about Kevin Love... any other big names are guys that all would have been worth the opportunity cost. As he phrased it it sounded like “hey we could have signed someone but bringing back Favs, Thabo, Exum was a better use of space” ummmm many big FA that were out there would have been well worth the cost... I might be souring a bit on DL... smart guy and I like him but so effing conservative... and if there were opportunities we passed on then you sure as hell better cash in on that “opportunity cost” later.

"Believe me, we can land free agents. I'm having to slap them away from grabbing at my ankles. I do this because I can land someone even bigger!"

It's a lot of talk, insinuating big promises which can't be delivered upon, but spoken vague enough that it's easy to explain away.

It reminds me of Danny Ainge... but out of his mouth it makes no sense... unless he’s referring to trades.

Maybe... hope he’s talking about Kevin Love... any other big names are guys that all would have been worth the opportunity cost. As he phrased it it sounded like “hey we could have signed someone but bringing back Favs, Thabo, Exum was a better use of space” ummmm many big FA that were out there would have been well worth the cost... I might be souring a bit on DL... smart guy and I like him but so effing conservative... and if there were opportunities we passed on then you sure as hell better cash in on that “opportunity cost” later.

Well, if he can’t land someone this off season I say he needs to go.

If he does then he’s the man and beloved all over again.

Crappy place to be.

Crappy place to be.
Ehh. He put the Jazz in a kind of crappy place so it seems about fair to me.

I acknowledge that it could be worse, but I also contend he's whiffed on some opportunities. He apparently does, too.

Ehh. He put the Jazz in a kind of crappy place so it seems about fair to me.

I acknowledge that it could be worse, but I also contend he's whiffed on some opportunities. He apparently does, too.

I’m with you. Just know if hate to be in that spot. But like you said, if he’d done the job before now...

Crappy place to be.
If he can't land anyone this off-season, I don't believe that's an indictment on him. What is, however, is not utilizing our resources previously... it's essentially Ingles passing up an open three, and now we're settling for a Rubio jumper... we're always pretending that the future is brighter and pass up on any move. I mean, just think... a couple years ago everyone was eyeballing this free agency with people like Klay, Kawhi, and Butler in mind. Then we dropped down to Middleton and Harris. Now possibly even maxing Brogdon. At the end of it, we'll be pretty elated if we land Jabari. The moral of the story is just because there are hypotheticals out there doesn't mean that they're realistic enough to start turning down good opportunities.

Essentially, DL is at the bar and a really cute girl asks him if he'd buy her a drink. He says no because he thinks maybe Sandra Bullock is the next person to walk through the door.

If he can't land anyone this off-season, I don't believe that's an indictment on him. What is, however, is not utilizing our resources previously... it's essentially Ingles passing up an open three, and now we're settling for a Rubio jumper... we're always pretending that the future is brighter and pass up on any move. I mean, just think... a couple years ago everyone was eyeballing this free agency with people like Klay, Kawhi, and Butler in mind. Then we dropped down to Middleton and Harris. Now possibly even maxing Brogdon. At the end of it, we'll be pretty elated if we land Jabari. The moral of the story is just because there are hypotheticals out there doesn't mean that they're realistic enough to start turning down good opportunities.

Essentially, DL is at the bar and a really cute girl asks him if he'd buy her a drink. He says no because he thinks maybe Sandra Bullock is the next person to walk through the door.

DL has had this talk before where he somewhat admits mistakes because of flexibility etc... during the cake bake year... can’t keep repeating these mistakes... it is the crap or get off the pot time.

DL has had this talk before where he somewhat admits mistakes because of flexibility etc... during the cake bake year... can’t keep repeating these mistakes... it is the crap or get off the pot time.
2zgm5l.jpg

Memphis: Hey, Dennis, we're not sure on the Conley trade. Can you give us a couple weeks?
DL: I'm flexible!

After listening to Rubio's interview I think it's unlikely he's back next season.
Yup. He was gone after the deadline.

Can you imagine DL's pitching during the offseason?
- DL: "Hey Ricky, we believe in you and we think you are a big part of our team's future"
- Ricky: "You tried really hard to trade me for Conley"
-DL: *awkward silence*

Sandra Bullock... You had the whole world at your hands, and you chose to type.... Sandra Bullock. 90's version or today. Legit question.

If Dennis can't get this team better this offseason, he's got to go. We all want the Kemba, jrue, Conley's on the team and if he gets us Bayless or some other garbage vet to be our starting point guard it would be a huge step back. Kemba says making the playoffs is important to him. They cant even make the playoffs at all in the crappy east. He scored 45 points the last game of the year and went for 40 something against us also. They cant double him and donovan every play.

Ps. Jae needs to hit the gym and shoot 3s. It was horrible this year

Did Quin not do an interview this year or did I just miss it? He and Lindsey usually do these exit interviews together.