What's new

Jazz FA rumors

Yes!

They're already saying Millsap's return is contingent on their seeing Favors and Kanter both as centers. In other words, Sap is cool with playing for the Jazz as long as he's the #1 PF on the team. Confirming the biggest concern with bringing him back.

Pass.

Another good post.

If the objective is to compete for the 8th seed and stayed mired in the 40-45 win range, then yes, let's re-sign Millsap, go out and get another wing like Mayo and bring in a PG like DeRozan. There, we're now up to the minimum salary level and can extend Favors and Hayward with the savings we'll realize from Marvin's expiring. That should put us over the cap, but still below the luxury tax level. Then what? We expect to get impact players at #18 in the draft each year? Far more likely we'll have a few playoff appearances, even make it to the 2nd round once or twice, then start trading players as they express their desire to play for a contender, a la Deron. We're just one year away from what will be one of the best drafts EVER! If Lindsey and KOC stay the course, don't bring in vets and force Ty to play the young guys, we'll be drafting in the top-10 for sure. If The Jazz take on a salary or two at the deadline, they may be able to pick up an additional late lottery pick. I say that moves the Jazz up to 5 or 6. Not a Wiggins or Jabari, but an all-star type player.

Nice.

It's depressing thinking the Jazz young have what it takes but don't have what takes so they need to tank and pray for high draft pick luck to bail them out.

I can't get behind that gamble unless they were young enough to grow into it. Hayward 4th year, favors 4th, Kanter 3rd (and a big pass on the years), Burke rookie 9th pick... This doesn't inspire.

It's depressing thinking the Jazz young have what it takes but don't have what takes so they need to tank and pray for high draft pick luck to bail them out.

I can't get behind that gamble unless they were young enough to grow into it. Hayward 4th year, favors 4th, Kanter 3rd (and a big pass on the years), Burke rookie 9th pick... This doesn't inspire.

I'm kinda feeling ya. I wanna tank, but I don't want to see them lose a lot of games either. Not at this point in their careers.

HEY cool, I'm in a signature field!
Thanks bro!

You wouldn't happen to be reapman on realgm would you?

I was very excited to hear we drafted Trey but I think i'd be even more excited to see Millsap sign somewhere else. I'd love to see Favors matched up against Sap.

Yes, really or at least according to this article.

//blogs.1070thefan.com/2013/07/02/could-landry-fill-pacers-bench-scoring-need/?%20utm_campaign=Bruno&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Hard to believe he could be that delusional.