What's new

Jazz front runner for Conley

Dog. If all those contracts expire (including Conley’s) in two years and you have Mitchell yet to sign his big deal, the Jazz would have an absolute ******** of cap and could come on the heels of a terrific season in addition to being able to pay Gobert substantially more than anyone else (but not necessarily on the hook to).

We should be looking forward to two years from now, not dreading it.
You said it yourself, Ingles could fall off at any time. So is Conley. Next year there is more certainty on them performing for us. sure. but what if both him and Ingles are out of the pictures by 2021 season(both will be 34)? "this team will definitely feel it".

if we get Conley, the goal is definitely more geared towards this next season. not so much on the season after.

Dog. If all those contracts expire (including Conley’s) in two years and you have Mitchell yet to sign his big deal, the Jazz would have an absolute ******** of cap and could come on the heels of a terrific season in addition to being able to pay Gobert substantially more than anyone else (but not necessarily on the hook to).

We should be looking forward to two years from now, not dreading it.
umm...cap holds. So you have Gobert on a max or super max and a big cap hold for Mitchell. Then you have the rest of your cap and just the room exception for 11 more guys. You can fit another max player and then pretty much rookies and min salary vets after those three. Or two max, and two good players at $17m-$20m. Its what the Lakers are looking at right now after trading for AD. They have something like $26m, correct? That's if AD takes his trade kicker.

Or you re-sign Conley and another vet to stay over the cap and have the MLE.

Being under the cap actually sucks.

K, well you can measure that by PER and I’ll measure it by a player that helps you win the most games.
By pretty much every stat out there standard and advanced, like WS... and by the eye test. Ingles had a bad year and Favors had a big year. But I dont think you can look at him fairly. You just want him gone because you feel he was the problem with our team.

You said it yourself, Ingles could fall off at any time. So is Conley. Next year there is more certainty on them performing for us. sure. but what if both him and Ingles are out of the pictures by 2021 season(both will be 34)? "this team will definitely feel it".

if we get Conley, the goal is definitely more geared towards this next season. not so much on the season after.
1. And what’s wrong with trying to win a championship?
2. Their deals expire... you get other players or re-sign them for less.

That is true but he can provide other things Ingles cant do. Like better defense now and athleticism, he is also much better in the open court.

His playmaking wont be needed as much when we pick up a good PG.

sure, not as much but it'll still be super valuable.

By pretty much every stat out there standard and advanced, like WS... and by the eye test. Ingles had a bad year and Favors had a big year. But I dont think you can look at him fairly. You just want him gone because you feel he was the problem with our team.
He is a problem for our team. If he had perimeter skills he’d be amazing. Or if he came cheap and played exclusively backup 5 that would be amazing.

There is an immense cost to the poor fit and it’s anchoring this team to mediocrity.

The Jazz’s point differential for the past two years is substantially better when Gobert plays with stretchy 4s that are fringe NBA players.

sure, not as much but it'll still be super valuable.
Royce is also improving and Ingles seems to be falling off. He will be 32 next year. Maybe Ingles bounces back but he looked awful in the playoffs. 6 ppg on 32% shooting. I hope he gets back to 17/18 form but I am not sure that will happen.

1. And what’s wrong with trying to win a championship?
2. Their deals expire... you get other players or re-sign them for less.
we aren't winning that championship next season with Conley/Gobert/Mitchell I can tell you that much. there'd still be a chance for the conference final or maybe the finals depends on other Western team's off season acquisitions(lot of big IFs need to occur in our favors). but we ain't beating the Raptors.

Royce is also improving and Ingles seems to be falling off. He will be 32 next year. Maybe Ingles bounces back but he looked awful in the playoffs. 6 ppg on 32% shooting. I hope he gets back to 17/18 form but I am not sure that will happen.

i'm expecting him to look a lot better with a lighter workload if we pick up a playmaker like conley

He is a problem for our team. If he had perimeter skills he’d be amazing. Or if he came cheap and played exclusively backup 5 that would be amazing.

There is an immense cost to the poor fit and it’s anchoring this team to mediocrity.

The Jazz’s point differential for the past two years is substantially better when Gobert plays with stretchy 4s that are fringe NBA players.
Yet again... when Gobert plays with Favors and a decent shooting PG they are better than with a stretchy 4. They are not a bad fit necessarily, that is a false narrative.

Rubio was our main problem last year, not Favors. Mitchell sucking for the first half was a huge problem for out team. Ingles have a terrible year was a big problem for our team, especially since Royce sucked the first half before getting going. Losing Exum for the year hurt us pretty bad. There were much bigger problems than Favors last year. Its sad how much hate he gets from his own fans.

we aren't winning that championship next season with Conley/Gobert/Mitchell I can tell you that much. there'd still be a chance for the conference final or maybe the finals depends on other Western team's off season acquisitions(lot of big IFs need to occur in our favors). but we ain't beating the Raptors.
The Raptors that almost didn’t make the ECF? The Raptors who didn’t have a real chance less than a year ago?

Who’s on the Raptors next year?

Yeah, I don't buy that story Agents are a thing. Pelinka made calls. Of course KOC wasn't going to admit to conspiring against a blind man. It was just "blind luck" that someone saw that Boozer was available. Riggghhhhtt. . .
So your argument is a conspiracy theory, rather than what Boozer and KOC said? Cool

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

cool so let's not try

1, that is TWO more years, not one. and so are Mitchell's rookie scale contract. two years is a LOT of time in sports.
2, who said it won't be even more wide open the year after? even possibly for championship when Siakam leaves/Lowry fall off, but we're trying to disqualify ourselves for that one.
3, yeah, this statement is especially true when we bring in Conley.

so like i said, we are not doing ourselves ANY GOOD by hanging around for the Conley deal, in which we can't even put together a convincing package for right now. teams like Detroit or Orlando can walk in at any point and outbid us easily.

So sign someone of value in FA. accumulate assets. COME BACK mid-season.

we'll be in a better position for trade talks with those FA acquisitions, and hopefully(probably) there will be better opportunities for even better players.

DM and Rudy are contracted till TWO seasons after. we have time

It's this type of mentality that has kept us shackled from winning a championship. Our desire is to stay competitive, yet we forsake the requirements/sacrifices/risks needed to get to the next level. We must embrace change in order to get there. What you are suggesting is just more of the same that adds to more mediocrity and early playoff exits. I'm telling you now a few more of these early playoff eliminations will have Gobert and Mitchell looking for other teams. What you are suggesting isn't convincing them to stay.

i'm expecting him to look a lot better with a lighter workload if we pick up a playmaker like conley

I hope so but I dont see why his load would be that much lighter. Rubio had the ball more than anyone last year and took the main load as the playmaker. Rubio had the ball more per game than Conley did last year or any year of Conley's career.

I am hoping that Royce will continue to improve and play take his minutes so he doesnt have to play as much. Plus I think he had a mentally rough year with his kids stuff so I hope he bounces back from that. But the fact is he is on the bad side of 30 and its more likely he continues to fall off. The most likely hope is he is better than last year but not as good as he was in 17-18.

Yet again... when Gobert plays with Favors and a decent shooting PG they are better than with a stretchy 4. They are not a bad fit necessarily, that is a false narrative.

Rubio was our main problem last year, not Favors. Mitchell sucking for the first half was a huge problem for out team. Ingles have a terrible year was a big problem for our team, especially since Royce sucked the first half before getting going. Losing Exum for the year hurt us pretty bad. There were much bigger problems than Favors last year. Its sad how much hate he gets from his own fans.
I don’t hate him. And who’s our PG next year, anyway? The Grizzlies aren’t trading Conley to us matching salary, and that’s what has to happen if we keep Favors.

And how did losing Exum hurt us? He’s bad at basketball.