What's new

Jazz game tonight yada yada yada EXUM to Start!!

I'd rather have the occasional bad call than challenges. It usually evens out over the course of a season, it's not like we never get bad calls in our favor. The refs do a good job for the most part. Being a basketball ref isn't an easy job.

Utah would have a championship if they had replay challenges back then. There's really no good argument against each team having a couple. If you're afraid it will draw the game out too much, there's a simple solution. Just turn off the tv half-way through the 4th quarter. Problem solved.

I'm for a couple challenges too. I'd rather see the game get called correctly. I'm not too worried about the few extra minutes it will cost.

The challenges would probably only come late in the game when it slows down anyways, if you limit how many (like 2).

What the hell was the deal with the strategy late in the game? I'm baffled whey they didn't try a 3, or even have Novak on the court.

What the hell was the deal with the strategy late in the game? I'm baffled whey they didn't try a 3, or even have Novak on the court.

I don't know what you saw, but Snyder did a great job coaching. He got a quick score from Favors and then had a chance for the 3 at the end after fouling.

It was for Hayward to drive and get it over to Exum. Indiana did a great job to deny the passing lane along the baseline and foul Hayward.

Ingles with a near triple-double. PGOTF?
Millsap had a decent showing. Some nice assists. He just can't shoot.

Anyone wonder why Novak isn't getting PT? I don't. I doubt he could even guard one of us.

Did you see Novak get completely abused by Scola on that offensive rebound/putback? He never saw the court again after that.

I think there should be challenges.
Especially with how much the refs favor the star players. Maybe it would expose that travesty a little more and hopefully bring about some change

Last edited:
We got the Indiana feed from Fox Sports last night.

Exum did not look like he was ready to supplant Burke. However, it might be time to move Gobert into the starting line-up permanently. Our offense seemed to move acceptably with Favors-Gobert.

I think the NBA should have implement TV replay a long time ago on shot clock/last second shots type of plays. If they had the rule to do so in 1998, Howard E. shot would have counted and Ron. H's would not. You don't really have to stop the game immediately or at all. The replay official could just notify the refs that the shot was good or a 3 pt and during a time out the coaches could be informed.

AS far as fouls, I don't think you could really do that without negatively affecting the game. Fouls are judgment calls but they do use replay to override flagrant fouls, I just think it would muck up the game if they started doing it on fouls during the game.

Exum did not look like he was ready to supplant Burke. However, it might be time to move Gobert into the starting line-up permanently. Our offense seemed to move acceptably with Favors-Gobert.

Yes, do more of whatever we were doing in that 40 point 4th quarter.

Wow, I looked at the box score this morning. Exum 30 minutes-0 FTA, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 0 Turnovers...14 shots.

Amazing. You think that maybe being on the court for 30 minutes a ball might bounce awkwardly off the rim or ricochet to him. Or that he might have passed the ball once to an open teammate, or even make a bad pass for a turnover.

I was able to see part of the first quarter, the Jazz were using Dante to dribble up the court then hide on the wing at the 3pt line. Strange for your pg of the future.

At first I thought it would be hard to find other games where a guy had similar zeros across the board....but a search showed several players a 33 year Dale Ellis scored 20 points for the Spurs in a win over Minnysotta in January 1994. Marquis Daniels did it for Indy in 2009. MUrice Evans for Orlando 2008, Bruce Bowen and Michael Finley a couple of times for the spurs. Darrel Armstrong when he was 36 yrs old. But they were all old spot up shooters.

Then i sorted for players 22 and under. The only other player to Ever record zeros across the board having played atleast 24 minutes was Hollis Thompson last march for Philly. And he didn't even record a basket.

I don't know what this means if it means anything at all. But it is a stunning record for a starting pg that will not soon be broken.

I think the NBA should have implement TV replay a long time ago on shot clock/last second shots type of plays. If they had the rule to do so in 1998, Howard E. shot would have counted and Ron. H's would not. You don't really have to stop the game immediately or at all. The replay official could just notify the refs that the shot was good or a 3 pt and during a time out the coaches could be informed.

I think they already use instant replay for this type of thing

Locke has been tracking the Jazz offense efficiency with Rudy & Favors on the court together vs not. I was surprised to see that not only are they more efficient together it is by a large margin.

Now before we rush to conclusions, it has been a small sample size against lower level teams. It will be interesting to see what happens when Chicago, spurs, OKC, Houston, GS play the jazz with a new scouting report.