What's new

Jazz have 2 of the top 5 poorest defensive impact players.

Shad

I'm sure it's not surprise we are awful on defense but maybe the players will?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231222_194314_Facebook~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20231222_194314_Facebook~2.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 97
I'm sure it's not surprise we are awful on defense but maybe the players will?
Yurt doesn't matter since he doesn't play. And due to that fact his sample size is so tiny that it's irrelevant anyway

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Yurt doesn't matter since he doesn't play. And due to that fact his sample size is so tiny that it's irrelevant anyway

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
But Keynote is definitely concerning. Yes rooks are rarely good on defense but the only other rookie who made it to the list was Hawkins who's fell out of Pelicans rotation for this very reason. And Keyonte’s inconsistent offensive production surely doesnt help the matter either.

But Keynote is definitely concerning. Yes rooks are rarely good on defense but the only other rookie who made it to the list was Hawkins who's fell out of Pelicans rotation for this very reason. And Keyonte’s inconsistent offensive production surely doesnt help the matter either.
As has been said time and time again, Keyonte is among the worst rotation players in the NBA at this point. No way around it. Right now he's absolutely G League material. I'm not sure he's "learning" anything by going 1-7 from the floor and getting his passes picked off.

As has been said time and time again, Keyonte is among the worst rotation players in the NBA at this point. No way around it. Right now he's absolutely G League material. I'm not sure he's "learning" anything by going 1-7 from the floor and getting his passes picked off.
And could you imagine if it was Hendricks who shot 1-7 in a game? He would get a DNP the next game or sent straight back to the G league.

It's called poor man management when a coach exercises double standard and preferential treatment. And it's even worse for team culture and player development because it's creating bad bahits and toxic environment when a player doesn't get rewarded for good plays or punished for bad plays.

How is a young rook like Keyonte supposed to learn anything when he know he's gonna get minutes every night regardless of how poor he's been playing? All Hardy's been doing is turning Keyonte into another chucker who doesn't give a ****, sound familiar?

Do the haters even know who Keyonte has played the most minutes with?
#1 JC 447
#2 JC 396
You can decide which JC is which, but the point shouldnt be hard to see. Out of those minutes, the trio of JC-JC-Keyonte has spent 311 on the court simultaneously, with -86 total BPM and -13.2 net rating. That is also our 2nd most used 3 player lineup, and it accounts for almost half of Keyonte's total minutes.

Oh and btw, Keyonte has played over 100 minutes LESS WITH MARKKANEN than either one of Clarkson and Collins. He has actually played less with Markkanen than the minutes that JC-JC-Key lineup has. Also in his 76 minutes with Dunn, Keyonte is +26 in BPM and +18.0 in net rating.

Sooooo.... maybe Hardy just needs to pair him more favourably and not run him with both JC's all the time? Just a thought...

And just to add on the record:
Its wild some of you insist on pissing on a 20 year old rookie instead of his backcourt pair, who is 11.5 years older, has 6% higher usage (hogging the ball more from Lauri as well), is an equally bad defender, has more turnovers, less total assists and nearly equal TS%.

Well done guys.

#1 JC 447
#2 JC 396
You can decide which JC is which, but the point shouldnt be hard to see. Out of those minutes, the trio of JC-JC-Keyonte has spent 311 on the court simultaneously, with -86 total BPM and -13.2 net rating. That is also our 2nd most used 3 player lineup, and it accounts for almost half of Keyonte's total minutes.

Oh and btw, Keyonte has played over 100 minutes LESS WITH MARKKANEN than either one of Clarkson and Collins. He has actually played less with Markkanen than the minutes that JC-JC-Key lineup has. Also in his 76 minutes with Dunn, Keyonte is +26 in BPM and +18.0 in net rating.

Sooooo.... maybe Hardy just needs to pair him more favourably and not run him with both JC's all the time? Just a thought...

Its wild some of you insist on pissing on a 20 year old rookie instead of his backcourt pair, who is 11.5 years older, has 6% higher usage (hogging the ball more from Lauri as well), is an equally bad defender, has more turnovers, less total assists and nearly equal TS%.

Well done guys.
Good lord man, people are allowed to criticize Keyonte. A lot of this is just excuses.

If you wanted to make an excuse for JC you could easily flip this and say he has suffered from playing so much with a poorly performing rookie who is only getting minutes based on development and not merit

And could you imagine if it was Hendricks who shot 1-7 in a game? He would get a DNP the next game or sent straight back to the G league.

It's called poor man management when a coach exercises double standard and preferential treatment. And it's even worse for team culture and player development because it's creating bad bahits and toxic environment when a player doesn't get rewarded for good plays or punished for bad plays.

How is a young rook like Keyonte supposed to learn anything when he know he's gonna get minutes every night regardless of how poor he's been playing? All Hardy's been doing is turning Keyonte into another chucker who doesn't give a ****, sound familiar?
Keyonte isn't a chucker at all. He is just highly ineffective.

Good lord man, people are allowed to criticize Keyonte. A lot of this is just excuses.

If you wanted to make an excuse for JC you could easily flip this and say he has suffered from playing so much with a poorly performing rookie who is only getting minutes based on development and not merit
JC has played more minutes with Lauri than with Keyonte, so no, you cannot flip the argument. There is a 106 minute discrepancy between the two in minutes played with our best player, which affects team based stats like BPM and rating. Also JC has 16.7 FGA vs Keyonte's 9.5 per game so their volumes are not even comparable, and thus their impact on why those lineups have been inefficient offensively isnt even on the same level. Even Collins has more FGA and than Keyonte, albeit he has lower usage and good efficiency.

Its not about them not being allowed to criticize George. They just consitently insist on pissing on him in every thread, while not pissing on Clarkson nearly as much. There is a massive difference in age/expectation between those two, and while Keyonte has not played great Clarkson has been arguably worse.

So you are double wrong here (which doesnt make a right). Choo-choo goes the little engine that couldn't.

For the first time this season I'm down on Keyonte. I still think you should judge a rookie's potential by his highs and not his lows, so I still think Keyonte has a ton of potential, I'm just less sure now that he will ever get there. He's definitely a tough shot taker, which means his shooting percentages shouldn't be compared with guys who are just taking open shots, but that's part of the problem where he isn't able to get to his spots like I thought he could in order to take easier shots. I also haven't seen his vision or passing lately that got me excited earlier in the season.

Well ya. I have been saying for a while now that keyonte kind of sucks. Going wat back to his college career.
Also been saying for a while (for all players) that looking the part and showing flashes is nice but production is way better.

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

For the first time this season I'm down on Keyonte. I still think you should judge a rookie's potential by his highs and not his lows, so I still think Keyonte has a ton of potential, I'm just less sure now that he will ever get there. He's definitely a tough shot taker, which means his shooting percentages shouldn't be compared with guys who are just taking open shots, but that's part of the problem where he isn't able to get to his spots like I thought he could in order to take easier shots. I also haven't seen his vision or passing lately that got me excited earlier in the season.
He had his best game of his season so recently that its even in his "last 5 games" list in NBA.com.... I mean even if most of his points came in the 4th against bench guys he scored 13 of his 30 points going against Chet or SGA in that OKC game where he posted the 30/7/3 line.

We were probably too excited after the Summer League and thats the reason we have been disappointed thus far, but on a rookie scale and by comparing to other rookies, he has still outperformed his draft position. Just give it time and dont feed the trolls.

He's going to be good, but it's not clear he's a guaranteed top 10 PG

#1 JC 447
#2 JC 396

Well done guys.
These are all good points but who is on the court with him shouldn't be the reason he can't make open shots and shouldn't be the reason his the worst player in the league.
He also didnt play with those guys in college and couldn't shoot or defend in college either.

I'm not going to spam the board with keyonte hate threads or anything and I'm rooting for the guy big time but up to this point in his college and pro career he has kinda sucked

JC has played more minutes with Lauri than with Keyonte, so no, you cannot flip the argument. There is a 106 minute discrepancy between the two in minutes played with our best player, which affects team based stats like BPM and rating. Also JC has 16.7 FGA vs Keyonte's 9.5 per game so their volumes are not even comparable, and thus their impact on why those lineups have been inefficient offensively isnt even on the same level. Even Collins has more FGA and than Keyonte, albeit he has lower usage and good efficiency.

Its not about them not being allowed to criticize George. They just consitently insist on pissing on him in every thread, while not pissing on Clarkson nearly as much. There is a massive difference in age/expectation between those two, and while Keyonte has not played great Clarkson has been arguably worse.

So you are double wrong here (which doesnt make a right). Choo-choo goes the little engine that couldn't.
I didn't say Keyonte shot the ball a lot. I said he isn't good. Doesn't really need any qualifiers, he is just a bad ineffective player currently.

Clarkson got pissed on more than key last night by a ton.