What's new

Jazz Holding onto Kanter

One 1/2 season of Enes to go. While part of me hurts, I know it's what has to happen. Enes never did explode like we wanted/hoped. We saw some flashes, but never enough. So far he wasn't worth the # 3 pick. We failed in the end.

In the trade business, I would expect the bargainers to try to use reverse psychology over their partners. Why would the Jazz want public to know that they will trade him if they want to sell him high? Why would the Jazz want people be aware that they are holding him? Wouldn't Quin have insisted on hyping Enes' value and role to market him at the highest value possible? So let's say if the Wizards are considering him, and they do the reverse psyche thing as well since they are in the same business, the Jazz would know that and try to make them think otherwise, act like they want to trade him, so the Wizards think they are acting the opposite since they did not actually want to trade him. But the Wizards might know that too. And the Jazz might be aware of that too. And so on...

The thing is, keeping Enes wouldn't be a problem at any situation. He can be benched. Or he can start. He will contribute. I think Kanter is not the type to go Prima Donna on his team even though what words escaped his mouth recently. So this deal will work itself out in time. But I don't see the Jazz signing him again for the next few years. Because they are planning and trying to build a body, and if a part rejects it, it should be gone as soon as possible rather than sticking around for carpe diem.

Not shocking news. He isn't worth a lot just to have rights as a RFA. He greatest possible value will be once he is under contract, but even that is probably less than most of us want to get out of him unfortunately.

Translation: We don't want to take back anyone's ****ty long-term contracts so we are just going to let him go after this year or try to do a S&T.

Anyone else notice that Tony Jones of the Trib plagiarized an entire paragraph of this article from Lowe's Grantland piece today? The one mentioning 26 assists.

Not that rumors mean much but:

https://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/utah_jazz

Enes Kanter: The Jazz’ young big man has been losing playing time to Rudy Gobert, who’ll come much cheaper. Kanter is a free agent and the Jazz has locked up Gordon Hayward, Alec Burks and Derrick Favors. He said he’d like to be traded. The Celtics have been most rumored chasing big men and the Bucks are said to be interested as well. NBA.com

---

Guard Trey Burke and center Enes Kanter could be on the move; guard Dante Exum and center Rudy Gobert make them expendable. Yahoo! Sports

---

I don't see how these are "rumors". It's opinions.

Maybe Olynyk and change for Kanter? Olynyk in the system we're trying to promote would be pretty sweet.

Maybe Olynyk and change for Kanter? Olynyk in the system we're trying to promote would be pretty sweet.

Don't know much about olynyk, but he can shoot it right? Maybe he would be a great third big. Get him and a draft pick.

Don't know much about olynyk, but he can shoot it right? Maybe he would be a great third big. Get him and a draft pick.

It would be the other way around, you can be 100% sure on that. Olynyk is a limited, but very fundamentally sound basketball player.

B-AGmWQCYAENUEn.jpg

Last edited:
It would be the other way around, you can be 100% sure on that. Olynyk is a limited, but very fundamentally sound basketball player.

Yeah I don't think we as jazz fans understand how low his value is.