What's new

Jazz Holding onto Kanter

Why are you such a hater is the real question?

Why don't you try explaining in an intelligent and respectful manner why you think I'm wrong and what would be a better idea?

I've posted a trade idea or two (for Kanter). You've probably seen them.

Let me tell you what you wouldn't read in one of my posts: a stupid how-to manual about how to maximize the value of an asset. You could copy-and-paste your screed into A Hater's Guide to Ebay and it would be just as general and not useful. Instead, I actually think higher of the average jazzfanz poster and get straight to how I see it working in terms of basketball product (on the floor).

I also wouldn't be so incredibly arrogant that I understood the "true value" of a player..... because no such thing exists.... and the closest thing to such a valuation comes from people who know waaaaay more than anyone on this board.

I've posted a trade idea or two (for Kanter). You've probably seen them.

Let me tell you what you wouldn't read in one of my posts: a stupid how-to manual about how to maximize the value of an asset. You could copy-and-paste your screed into A Hater's Guide to Ebay and it would be just as general and not useful. Instead, I actually think higher of the average jazzfanz poster and get straight to how I see it working in terms of basketball product (on the floor).

I didn't think you were capable of it anyways. You can't even say one thing without having to insult someone. Your posts contain no useful information. It's just haterism. Congrats. You know how to hate.

... the cool thing is that he'll be able to tell you that value after watching fewer than 10 minutes of actual basketball.

they better trade him

kanter is weak, he's the type of man that always will say to you "it's just business" at the first smell of trouble

if you want to build a strong team, trade this dude for a team player like olynyk and move on

olynyk is a smart player, he will be a nice solid piece behind favors and gobert

Not shocking news. He isn't worth a lot just to have rights as a RFA. He greatest possible value will be once he is under contract, but even that is probably less than most of us want to get out of him unfortunately.

Don't see that happening, though. He'll sign the qualifying offer and have no more value next season than he does right now. The ONLY way Utah gets value for him is if a team wants him in a sign-and-trade (fearing we'd match a reasonable offer). Then again, since he is the most dominant player of his generation, he'll likely just want to wait until he's a RFA in 2016.

Real question, why does Olynyk keep getting brought up? Is he a player the Celtics are looking to move?

I'd be frustrated as a Celtics fan if my FO traded Olynyk for Kanter. Not necessarily saying Olynyk is 100% a better player, I just don't see their benefit.

Jazz are not able to trade Kancer. He is poison now. I'd be shocked if his outcry did nothing but cost him millions of dollars in his upcoming free agency.

Kanter will be going to play in Turkey I bet.

lol

hes the best player of this generation....he needs to go to a real league.

Jazz are not able to trade Kancer. He is poison now. I'd be shocked if his outcry did nothing but cost him millions of dollars in his upcoming free agency.

Which is why he probably signs the qualifying offer. I'd love for Ergul to shop him around the league and find a very cool market. And then have the Jazz find a great free agent and rescind Kanter's QO, leaving him to scramble for a 1-yr deal. Would serve him right.

So what rfa have been traded at the deadline and what value have they brought?

Pretty sure Evan Turner was an RFA last season.. He was traded to Indiana for Granger and I think 76ers threw in Lavoy Allen or something too..

DL has to do (& say) whatever he can at this point to restore (as much as possible) the leverage that was lost when Enes publicly requested a trade. With that being said, I would be shocked if a trade doesn't occur before the deadline (unless, of course, all that is truly being offered are 2nd rounders & expiring contracts). If that is in fact the case, then we would be better served trying to pull off a sign & trade in the off-season.

Boston has been brought up as a possible trade partner, & while I don't think there is any chance they would trade Olynyk for him (as much as I'd like that), I wouldn't be surprised if they were willing to give up one or two of the million future draft picks they have acquired over the past few years along with one of their expiring contracts (Prince, Bass, Thornton). Maybe it would even be worth taking on one more year of Gerald Wallace's terrible contract in order to extract an extra asset (another pick or James Young maybe). Could be a match there, as Boston has a shot at sneaking into the playoffs & may even value Kanter long-term as a fallback to losing Sullinger via RFA, although they need a defensive minded big much more than they do another offensive minded one such as Kanter.

Either way, we can all rest asured that DL will continue to do (& say) whatever he can in order to extract as much value as possible from our disgruntled (but still valuable) young big man, short of simply giving him away.

It would be a very dangerous game for Kanter to accept the qualifying offer. Jazz would stick him in the reserve Center role and he would probably play what Rudy is playing now. That isn't going to get him a lot more money after that. He will get Millsap money on a short contract. He needs to get paid while he can still claim upside, and lock it in for 4 years. Of course, his agent is an idiot, so there is that. . .

I'm not a fan of Kanter's tantrum,... but it was definitely something the FO should have seen coming. Out of all of our assets, Kanter has had to prove the most, and has thus had the most sporadic playing time. That has to be hard when you're trying to develop and get better. Probably not the greatest thing for a player's self esteem. The Mav's game was baffling, since the Jazz were actually in the game while Kanter was on the floor, and the defensive lineup of Rudy and Derrick obviously wasn't working, yet Kanter still had to sit out the entire 4th Qtr.

I love Rudy, and have from the first. (If you don't believe me, you can reference a heated argument I had on here with Vermin in defense of why I thought he'd be great), but I don't think all of the attention he has garnered has been good for our team. The fans and media want to see Rudy start, and you can't bring Derrick off the bench after annointing him a team leader and giving him that contract, but the two of them together has yet to ever really work out in a tangible way. It's just a great idea to have two shot-blockers on the court together, but what it does to our offense, and all of our other players makes it not worth it.

Also, signing Booker was a bad move by DL. He shipped out Al and Paul because of a log jam, so he could create another one? I know the team needed to get tough, but was it really that Enes and Rudy didn't already have mean streaks, or was it that RJ, Jeremy, and Marvin didn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of their opponents, yet they were receiving front-court minutes?

Also, I think keeping Enes is the right thing to do. We all know the value is too low because of the contract, but some of you are suggesting we trade him because he'll take the QO. I think that is premature. We don't know what the future will bring, and we can't operate out of fear. Having back-to back contract years is hard on players, and if Enes' role is solidified, he may not be thinking a QO is a good idea.

I get the impression that Enes wants to be appreciated, that is all. He's been consistantly punished for the things he doesn't do as well as some of the others, when he does some unique things for our team as well. An offensive rebound is better than a blocked shot, because it extends our posessions, and we score off of them more frequently than from fast breaks caused by blocks. I know that Rudy is also a great offensive rebounder, so that is not a stab at him. Shooting three's and having a player with a legitimate post game really keeps defenses more honest as well. Etc.

This idea that Kanter isn't getting a chance to prove himself is baffling. He starts, gets 27 minutes a game while being anywhere from a horrible to average defender and being an absolute black hole on offense. Those two qualities get most players pulled in this league at times, unless they are absolutely dominant. He isn't.

This idea that Kanter isn't getting a chance to prove himself is baffling. He starts, gets 27 minutes a game while being anywhere from a horrible to average defender and being an absolute black hole on offense. Those two qualities get most players pulled in this league at times, unless they are absolutely dominant. He isn't.

This. He doesn't pass and doesn't defend. I thought we all hated Al-fense.

For 2 straight years I bashed Corbin for not playing Kanter more and giving him a chance...

He's been given a chance and im far from impressed. If the Jazz want to move forward then they MUST get rid of him. Gobert is the future. Defense wins championships. Trade Kanter for a pick or a shooter.