What's new

Jazz Holding onto Kanter

It's funny how far part everyone is on Kanter's value. From the fans, to the writers, to the GM'S

I think it's just somewhere in the middle. He isn't terrible. But he has his limitations. He still has some upside left.

If Timothy MosGov can fetch two late first rounders, then Kanter should be able to too. It all just depends on who you are dealing with though .Some GM'S are smarter than others. So it just takes one team to give you good value, regardless if the other 28 teams wouldn't. Look at how Phil Jackson handled his roster. He didn't get squat out of tearing it apart. Danny Ainge on the other hand has done a masterful job.

What the Jazz need to do is not be so hard headed about this. They can't expect to get 3rd overall pick value back, but they shouldn't sell for scraps either. To get the best value out of this situation is they have to take a risk on a guy who is a buy low right now. They gotta have guts. But they still have to do their homework. So get a guy like Stauskas who everyone thinks is a terrible player now, but was highly coveted just a few months ago. What could have really changed since then? The most likely scenario is that he has been handled wrong and could still have a bright future. If not him, then another player in a similar situation. Like TJ Warren in Phoenix. They want a big. They haven't even given Warren a chance, so they don't know what they got. He could be good. Their a bunch of more examples like this that I think are doable.

Not trading Kanter at this trade deadline is going to be a colossal mistake imo. We are going to get little to nothing for Kanter if we don't trade him now. And keeping his pointless and will only hurt the team. All its going to do is limit how much Gobert plays and possibly piss him off too. Now is not the time to get greedy. I think it's going to backfire if they do. And I highly doubt Kanter will stay anyways. I bet he takes the qualifying offer and bails. So we'll just be renting a disgruntled player for a year and a half. Yay! Brilliant.

It's funny how far part everyone is on Kanter's value. From the fans, to the writers, to the GM'S

I think it's just somewhere in the middle. He isn't terrible. But he has his limitations. He still has some upside left.

If Timothy MosGov can fetch two late first rounders, then Kanter should be able to too. It all just depends on who you are dealing with though .Some GM'S are smarter than others. So it just takes one team to give you good value, regardless if the other 28 teams wouldn't. Look at how Phil Jackson handled his roster. He didn't get squat out of tearing it apart. Danny Ainge on the other hand has done a masterful job.

What the Jazz need to do is not be so hard headed about this. They can't expect to get 3rd overall pick value back, but they shouldn't sell for scraps either. To get the best value out of this situation is they have to take a risk on a guy who is a buy low right now. They gotta have guts. But they still have to do their homework. So get a guy like Stauskas who everyone thinks is a terrible player now, but was highly coveted just a few months ago. What could have really changed since then? The most likely scenario is that he has been handled wrong and could still have a bright future. If not him, then another player in a similar situation. Like TJ Warren in Phoenix. They want a big. They haven't even given Warren a chance, so they don't know what they got. He could be good. Their a bunch of more examples like this that I think are doable.

Not trading Kanter at this trade deadline is going to be a colossal mistake imo. We are going to get little to nothing for Kanter if we don't trade him now. And keeping his pointless and will only hurt the team. All its going to do is limit how much Gobert plays and possibly piss him off too. Now is not the time to get greedy. I think it's going to backfire if they do. And I highly doubt Kanter will stay anyways. I bet he takes the qualifying offer and bails. So we'll just be renting a disgruntled player for a year and a half. Yay! Brilliant.

Mozgov is an above average rim protector. He has more value than Kanter, at least for contenders trying to win now.

a. The franchise had to say this.
b. I am fully expecting Kanter to be back in a Jazz uniform after the all-star break. He torched any chance he had of a trade with his comments.

Anyone else notice that Tony Jones of the Trib plagiarized an entire paragraph of this article from Lowe's Grantland piece today? The one mentioning 26 assists.

IMO: Having two similar points doesn't constitute plagiarism (which is all that really happened here). It's not plagiarism to mention the same stat as somebody else or to contextualize it in a similar way (that low assists aren't a great fit in Q's offense) -- especially when both are so glaringly obvious to anyone who evaluates Enes. It might be plagiarism if the points involved a bit more creativity.

So is it true Kanter's agent has Kanter as his only client?
Is it true Max Ergul (not sure if I spelled it right) is a family friend that represents Kanter?
If so how does Kanter expect to get any reasonable contract signed by any team?
From what little I heard in an Ergul interview he seemed to insist over and over that Kanter was worth a max contract deal.
Kanter would seem to be at a huge disadvantage with any team that will negotiate with Ergul.
Will Ergul have any idea what he is doing?

So is it true Kanter's agent has Kanter as his only client?
Is it true Max Ergul (not sure if I spelled it right) is a family friend that represents Kanter?
If so how does Kanter expect to get any reasonable contract signed by any team?
From what little I heard in an Ergul interview he seemed to insist over and over that Kanter was worth a max contract deal.
Kanter would seem to be at a huge disadvantage with any team that will negotiate with Ergul.
Will Ergul have any idea what he is doing?

Every agent has to start somewhere. A lot of agents have family members represent them. It probably isn't the smartest move, but I'm sure it's nice to know you can trust someone to look out for you.

Paul Millsap is represented by his Uncle, who has no other clients.

Yahoo Sports says that Kanter and Burke could be on the move. Celtics and Bucks are after big men.

I have an inkling that Kanter will get no offers he likes and sign with a team overseas in a desperate attempt to build up his value.

I have to think the Bucks are in play. They're up a creek with the Larry Sanders situation. They can play Henson for some rim protection and Enes for some scoring. Jabari Parker is a bit undersized to be a full-time PF and he's out til next year. Giannis is a perimeter player. The Bucks can consolidate Zaza Pachulia and Ersan Illyasova into one Enes Kanter, and Bucks' fans will love them for it.

Bucks would have to give back.... a pick and .... ??

Srs questions: how much do you like the sound of your own voice?

how many minutes of basketball have you seen Mozgov play?

^this guy read a blog entry on day-trading stocks and now he thinks he's a GM.

also: STAUSKAS!!!!!!

Sentiment from other teams' fans seems to be that they like Kanter, but don't want to trade much just for the right to overpay him as an RFA. Timing to trade Kanter is a bit awkward and not conducive to getting good value.

But I think we already knew that.

Srs questions: how much do you like the sound of your own voice?

how many minutes of basketball have you seen Mozgov play?

^this guy read a blog entry on day-trading stocks and now he thinks he's a GM.

also: STAUSKAS!!!!!!

Why are you such a hater is the real question?

Why don't you try explaining in an intelligent and respectful manner why you think I'm wrong and what would be a better idea?