What's new

Jazz Holding onto Kanter

I'm not a fan of Kanter's tantrum,... but it was definitely something the FO should have seen coming. Out of all of our assets, Kanter has had to prove the most, and has thus had the most sporadic playing time. That has to be hard when you're trying to develop and get better. Probably not the greatest thing for a player's self esteem. The Mav's game was baffling, since the Jazz were actually in the game while Kanter was on the floor, and the defensive lineup of Rudy and Derrick obviously wasn't working, yet Kanter still had to sit out the entire 4th Qtr.

I love Rudy, and have from the first. (If you don't believe me, you can reference a heated argument I had on here with Vermin in defense of why I thought he'd be great), but I don't think all of the attention he has garnered has been good for our team. The fans and media want to see Rudy start, and you can't bring Derrick off the bench after annointing him a team leader and giving him that contract, but the two of them together has yet to ever really work out in a tangible way. It's just a great idea to have two shot-blockers on the court together, but what it does to our offense, and all of our other players makes it not worth it.

Also, signing Booker was a bad move by DL. He shipped out Al and Paul because of a log jam, so he could create another one? I know the team needed to get tough, but was it really that Enes and Rudy didn't already have mean streaks, or was it that RJ, Jeremy, and Marvin didn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of their opponents, yet they were receiving front-court minutes?

Also, I think keeping Enes is the right thing to do. We all know the value is too low because of the contract, but some of you are suggesting we trade him because he'll take the QO. I think that is premature. We don't know what the future will bring, and we can't operate out of fear. Having back-to back contract years is hard on players, and if Enes' role is solidified, he may not be thinking a QO is a good idea.

I get the impression that Enes wants to be appreciated, that is all. He's been consistantly punished for the things he doesn't do as well as some of the others, when he does some unique things for our team as well. An offensive rebound is better than a blocked shot, because it extends our posessions, and we score off of them more frequently than from fast breaks caused by blocks. I know that Rudy is also a great offensive rebounder, so that is not a stab at him. Shooting three's and having a player with a legitimate post game really keeps defenses more honest as well. Etc.

Gobert-Favors front court is +0.8 pts per 100 possessions in 336 mins
Gobert-Booker front court is -2.9 pts per 100 possessions in 445 mins
Gobert-Kanter front court is -6.6 pts per 100 possessions in 300 mins
Favors-Kanter front court is -2.5 pts per 100 possessions in 840 mins

I'm not a fan of Kanter's tantrum,... but it was definitely something the FO should have seen coming. Out of all of our assets, Kanter has had to prove the most, and has thus had the most sporadic playing time. That has to be hard when you're trying to develop and get better. Probably not the greatest thing for a player's self esteem. The Mav's game was baffling, since the Jazz were actually in the game while Kanter was on the floor, and the defensive lineup of Rudy and Derrick obviously wasn't working, yet Kanter still had to sit out the entire 4th Qtr.

I love Rudy, and have from the first. (If you don't believe me, you can reference a heated argument I had on here with Vermin in defense of why I thought he'd be great), but I don't think all of the attention he has garnered has been good for our team. The fans and media want to see Rudy start, and you can't bring Derrick off the bench after annointing him a team leader and giving him that contract, but the two of them together has yet to ever really work out in a tangible way. It's just a great idea to have two shot-blockers on the court together, but what it does to our offense, and all of our other players makes it not worth it.

Also, signing Booker was a bad move by DL. He shipped out Al and Paul because of a log jam, so he could create another one? I know the team needed to get tough, but was it really that Enes and Rudy didn't already have mean streaks, or was it that RJ, Jeremy, and Marvin didn't exactly strike fear in the hearts of their opponents, yet they were receiving front-court minutes?

Also, I think keeping Enes is the right thing to do. We all know the value is too low because of the contract, but some of you are suggesting we trade him because he'll take the QO. I think that is premature. We don't know what the future will bring, and we can't operate out of fear. Having back-to back contract years is hard on players, and if Enes' role is solidified, he may not be thinking a QO is a good idea.

I get the impression that Enes wants to be appreciated, that is all. He's been consistantly punished for the things he doesn't do as well as some of the others, when he does some unique things for our team as well. An offensive rebound is better than a blocked shot, because it extends our posessions, and we score off of them more frequently than from fast breaks caused by blocks. I know that Rudy is also a great offensive rebounder, so that is not a stab at him. Shooting three's and having a player with a legitimate post game really keeps defenses more honest as well. Etc.

the fo is paying their debts after the bad decisions in the past, like i said it's not just kanter

ya know, it's not enough to fire corbin, you still have to support the consequences after that >> that was also predicted by me

and the consequence is that the player may not respect the organization, i tell you no way kanter would did that in a strong basketball culture

it's a lose-lose situation: kanter is dumb and the jazz is too weak right now, so a player can afford to act like that

so just make a descent trade and move on

This idea that Kanter isn't getting a chance to prove himself is baffling. He starts, gets 27 minutes a game while being anywhere from a horrible to average defender and being an absolute black hole on offense. Those two qualities get most players pulled in this league at times, unless they are absolutely dominant. He isn't.

This.

Sexual Favors is a joke poster and needs to change his name to Sexual Kanter.

Kanter really needs 35 mpg so he can learn to pass.

R
O
F
L
O
L

The cry-hard stories that Kanter's fans concoct are always amusing, but I had been waiting for his Chief Apologist to lay his masterduece. I was not disappointed.

Gobert-Favors front court is +0.8 pts per 100 possessions in 336 mins
Gobert-Booker front court is -2.9 pts per 100 possessions in 445 mins
Gobert-Kanter front court is -6.6 pts per 100 possessions in 300 mins
Favors-Kanter front court is -2.5 pts per 100 possessions in 840 mins

These are really inconvenient statistics. Gotta throw them out, bruce.

This.

Sexual Favors is a joke poster and needs to change his name to Sexual Kanter.

Kanter really needs 35 mpg so he can learn to pass.

Really the problem is his inability to pass combined with his defensive liability combined with his high usage rate offensively. We could live with his horrendous passing and court vision if he were a player like Deandre Jordan, Ibaka, Dalembert who can make a big impact defensively. And for the same reason, it's more reason to get hyped on Gobert because he CAN pass, and makes a HUGE impact defensively, and doesn't require a high usage rate.

Just re-read SF post. My god. So bad.

Can't believe he is suggesting Kanter/Gobert or Kanter/Favors is better than Favors/Gobert.

Or that he is suggesting that Kanter's offensive rebounding than the rim protection of Gobert.

Or that he thinks Kanter;s post game makes a defense "honest" when they can just freely double team without consequences.

Or that he still thinks Kanter provides any more floor spacing than Favors when Favors has shown to be a better midrange shooter.

Or that he thinks that Kanter has a 3pt shot.

Also thinks it's bad that Gobert has been amazing since it makes Kanter look bad.

We should emphasize with Kanter because sometimes he doesn't get minutes and we should expect child like behavior.

I agree with sexual favors.He is the one poster that has seen the Kanter situation the same as me. people the Jazz have gotten rid of so many players with talent in the last few years and the Jazz never tank for top picks,its no wonder we are not sniffin anything but celler dwellers. Wes Mathews,Kyle Korver,Paul Milsap.Al Jefferson,junkyard dog. I mean its ridiculous,with most of Jazzfanz saying yeah get rid of them,even calling for Hayward to leave. The Jazz need to hang on to all the talent that they can get and quit listening to the witch hunt members in this fanbase.Keep Kanter on the cheap,he has lowered his value.great for us

I agree with sexual favors.He is the one poster that has seen the Kanter situation the same as me. people the Jazz have gotten rid of so many players with talent in the last few years and the Jazz never tank for top picks,its no wonder we are not sniffin anything but celler dwellers. Wes Mathews,Kyle Korver,Paul Milsap.Al Jefferson,junkyard dog. I mean its ridiculous,with most of Jazzfanz saying yeah get rid of them,even calling for Hayward to leave. The Jazz need to hang on to all the talent that they can get and quit listening to the witch hunt members in this fanbase.Keep Kanter on the cheap,he has lowered his value.great for us

Kanter has lowered his trade value but I doubt this has much of an effect on his next contract. He would have to be a real headcase and locker room problem for that to happen.

So what you are saying is the FO listens to us nutty fans? Kanter is a cancer waiting to go stage 4. Flip for another asset if possible.

Just re-read SF post. My god. So bad.

Can't believe he is suggesting Kanter/Gobert or Kanter/Favors is better than Favors/Gobert.

Or that he is suggesting that Kanter's offensive rebounding than the rim protection of Gobert.

Or that he thinks Kanter;s post game makes a defense "honest" when they can just freely double team without consequences.

Or that he still thinks Kanter provides any more floor spacing than Favors when Favors has shown to be a better midrange shooter.

Or that he thinks that Kanter has a 3pt shot.

Also thinks it's bad that Gobert has been amazing since it makes Kanter look bad.

We should emphasize with Kanter because sometimes he doesn't get minutes and we should expect child like behavior.

I mean, does anything surprise you when it come to SF and his bizzare affection for Kanter? He sees things no one in the world sees.

are you fn kidding me? Link this exchange or stfu. I have only debated Kanter with you and have never been down on Gobert.

Too bad Kanter's gotta be all egotistical. I think Enes had been playing pretty well by his standards lately. Jazz currently have a very good big man rotation with Favors, Gobert, Kanter, and Booker. I guess he can spend his NBA career playing for perennial losers if he can't ever accept the fact that some players are actually better than he is.

Can't wait until he gets his twenty and ten against the Jazz - with the Jazz scoring 130 points and winning by thirty, of course.

Too bad Kanter's gotta be all egotistical. I think Enes had been playing pretty well by his standards lately. Jazz currently have a very good big man rotation with Favors, Gobert, Kanter, and Booker. I guess he can spend his NBA career playing for perennial losers if he can't ever accept the fact that some players are actually better than he is.

Can't wait until he gets his twenty and ten against the Jazz - with the Jazz scoring 130 points and winning by thirty, of course.

I skipped to 2nd season in 2K and Kanter was traded to Hawks to be benched behind another Al (Horford). I lol'd. But he got decent minutes. And my God did he play some defense. He looked like he never went down from defending players like Bynum with his bulky body and actually built on that with much better laterial quickness.

To me, if a player publicly asks for a trade, your job is to keep the chemistry away from harm's way and get rid of the complaining part. It's a pity that Enes usually made it to news with his dramatic scenarios more than his monster games. I hope he gets traded and gets his **** back together.