What's new

Jazz kinda sorta have to pay Hayward whatever he wants...

GoJazz

No one seems to ever want to play for the Jazz, when was the last time a 1/2 decent free agent even considered the Jazz? (Boozer, Maybe Big Al) Because the Jazz aren't even in competition even when offering more money to free agents, they have no choice but to over pay current players and hope they stick it out for the extra cash. Then we have to keep tanking and hope for a draft day miracle. Sad time to be a Jazz fan...

No one seems to ever want to play for the Jazz, when was the last time a 1/2 decent free agent even considered the Jazz? (Boozer, Maybe Big Al) Because the Jazz aren't even in competition even when offering more money to free agents, they have no choice but to over pay current players and hope they stick it out for the extra cash. Then we have to keep tanking and hope for a draft day miracle. Sad time to be a Jazz fan...
Free agents have considered the Jazz every offseason the Jazz have had cap space.

They could have re-signed Millsap or Al last offseason. In 2004, they signed Boozer and Okur. In 2003, they signed Jason Terry and Corey Maggette to offer sheets. The Jazz haven't had cap space in any other recent offseason.

Lets say that Cleveland does sign Hayward to a bid contract. If the Jazz don't match, and he becomes an All-Star level player, then they end up with egg on their face. Jazz had the chance to match for Wesley Matthews, but didn't because of the money. I know this is a larger scale, but Matching a max offer for Hayward is much less devastating to the Jazz right now than matching Matthews would have been at the time due to the current cap situation, and having so many players on their rookie contracts.

Hayward left Cleveland without a deal.
Cavs are out of the running it seems.

Free agents have considered the Jazz every offseason the Jazz have had cap space.

They could have re-signed Millsap or Al last offseason. In 2004, they signed Boozer and Okur. In 2003, they signed Jason Terry and Corey Maggette to offer sheets. The Jazz haven't had cap space in any other recent offseason.

Is this one of those "boom goes the dynamite" situations?

This. Money talks. Hayward was asked which city was his least favorite and he responded with Cleveland being his least favorite city. Fast forward to now, and he's considering playing for said city? GVC is right. Jazz have signed free agents in the past, and haven't done so over the past few years due to cap space. We'll find free agents in the future, just as we've found them in the past.

I was just thinking that Hayward needed yet another ****ing thread as the other three simply weren't cutting it.

Worst thread in the history of JF? Lol sad time to be a Jazz fan? We just drafted a top-3 player in what is said to be one of the greatest drafts ever at #5!!! We have two big men who were taken in the top-3, a point guard taken at #9, Burks at #12, and Hayward at #9 (if he comes back), not to mention some assets over seas with Tomic and Neto and we got Gobert and Hood in the later part of the first round of their drafts when they should have gone way higher probably late lottery. We also have a **** ton of cap space this offseason.

Yeah this is a sad time. LMAO!!!

Same could be said for virtually every other small-market team in the NBA. Stars only want to go to Miami, LA, or NY. OK, Houston and Dallas have made splashes. SA is up there because they're the best place to win a title. No free agents are beating a path to Philly, Milwaukee, Cleveland, etc. Why would Hayward visit the Cavs? Because they were apparently willing to overpay him.

Well, then I hope Lebron returns to Cleveland so they don't offer Hayward a max contract.

Well, then I hope Lebron returns to Cleveland so they don't offer Hayward a max contract.

He won't. LBJ Is a f'in weasel. He DEMANDS Miami draft Napier. He opts out and meets with Wade and Bosh. Who knows what was said, but he has them opt out. Then through his agent, he lets Miami know he wants the MAX - and by default, they would then need to take $11M. But wait, that's a complete surprise to them. Mebron James strikes again!

He won't. LBJ Is a f'in weasel. He DEMANDS Miami draft Napier. He opts out and meets with Wade and Bosh. Who knows what was said, but he has them opt out. Then through his agent, he lets Miami know he wants the MAX - and by default, they would then need to take $11M. But wait, that's a complete surprise to them. Mebron James strikes again!
How much of this did you just make up?

I would just like to point out that I have 30 of 31 worst threads in Jazzfanz History. That should be worth much more neg rep then it actually gets me.

Yep, look at all of those free agents just rushing to the Lakers right now. Improve the team, get better free agents. Finish in the bottom 5, you better have a lot of cap space and overpay. I heard this same defeatist crap during the coaching search. New York gets Fisher and last I heard weren't the Lakers getting Scott? They showed us. . .