What's new

Jazz Locker-room Cleanout & Exit Interviews 2016

Tony Jones Twitter: "I could be wrong, but reading between the lines it doesn't sound like the jazz are planning on bringing Trevor Booker back"

I listened to DL's interview with Locke and then Booker's interview with Locke. DL had great things to say about Booker and assured that the Jazz would take care of him -- perhaps meaning signing him to a nice contract and then trading him. Booker said that he loves it in Utah and that Lyles is going to be a special player, adding that he hopes to stay with the Jazz but wasn't sure that would happen.

Oh, and they should bring Ingles in on TNT with the Ernie and the guys -- he would fit right in.
Hell ya. He would probably steal to much of the limelight from then though and they would get jealous.

Locke speaking right now, talking about the advantages of the 12 pick over the 14 pick. Did I miss hear him? Did he say that the Jazz will most likely be trading the pick so it is better to have a higher pick.

Locke said last year the Jazz made huge effort to get into top 5 last year and into the top 10 to target two players, but no-one was interested. Locke said both deals at the deadline were significant and he thinks one of them will come back around this summer as a free agent, but he wouldn't give up the name.

I was trying to remember who was connected to the jazz by rumours that will be a free agent. Eric Gordon? Ty Lawson?

Eric Gordon and the injuries would be a perfect fit for the jazz.

Teague.

NAOS was probably his biggest fan. Gambling on good defenders with work ethic from the D League is what brought us Wes and Demarre.

Wes played in the D-League? News to me.

And DeMarre was a first round pick who played a month in the D-League. Those are hardly comparable situations.

i'm gonna wager that registering with lottery teams in every O-rating for the past several seasons is of more importance than "defensive meltdowns in the 4th."

Here's one reason you're dumb: when have I ever said that offense wasn't a problem? Is it possible for you to believe that I see more than one problem with the team? Is it possible that I even think offense is the bigger problem?

It is one of the hallmark definitions of 'childish' to take somebodies opinion and misconstrue and mis-emphasize its points the way you have mine.

Wes played in the D-League? News to me.

And DeMarre was a first round pick who played a month in the D-League. Those are hardly comparable situations.

Lmao, Carroll played in 16 games in 2 seasons after his rookie year. He was on his way to a long d-league career. Chris Johnson had more meaningful NBA minutes than Carroll prior to their respective time on the Jazz.

Wes was an undrafted rookie. Where you think he was going to play if Utah didnt sign him?

Lmao, Carroll played in 16 games in 2 seasons after his rookie year. He was on his way to a long d-league career. Chris Johnson had more meaningful NBA minutes than Carroll prior to their respective time on the Jazz.

Wes was an undrafted rookie. Where you think he was going to play if Utah didnt sign him?

That's nice. One guy never played in the DL and the other played a month. Pretty poor examples tbh.

Dante Exum: The next game the Jazz play, I get to play.

Locke: Dante, what are your plans for the Olympics?
Joe Ingles: We don't need him, we have Patty Mills, a real point guard.

Dante: I'm definitely going to be doing more bumping next year.
Dante: Why does Joe have to be here? Can't we unplug his mic.

Joe: Hayward is the cheapest guy I know. He never buys us lunch. We always pay.
Locke: Who is the best tipper.
Joe: Not me, because I don't understand the rules. They don't pay tips in Australia.
Exum: I am a good tipper because I just give them 100% of the meal.
I would keep a roster spot open for Ingles every year just for his great interviews/humor...

The point in these interviews where JOey was roasting Exum and stuff...where can I find that?

Locke speaking right now, talking about the advantages of the 12 pick over the 14 pick. Did I miss hear him? Did he say that the Jazz will most likely be trading the pick so it is better to have a higher pick.

Locke said last year the Jazz made huge effort to get into top 5 last year and into the top 10 to target two players, but no-one was interested. Locke said both deals at the deadline were significant and he thinks one of them will come back around this summer as a free agent, but he wouldn't give up the name.

I was trying to remember who was connected to the jazz by rumours that will be a free agent. Eric Gordon? Ty Lawson?

Eric Gordon and the injuries would be a perfect fit for the jazz.

top-5 was almost certainly for Porzingis.. I'm going to guess the top-10 target was Stanley Johnson or Justise Winslow.

Lets hope the significant free agent that comes back around this summer is Mike Conley..

top-5 was almost certainly for Porzingis.. I'm going to guess the top-10 target was Stanley Johnson or Justise Winslow.

Lets hope the significant free agent that comes back around this summer is Mike Conley..

They were also high on Hezonja, who coincidentally went 5th.