What's new

Jazz Locker-room Cleanout & Exit Interviews 2016

mellow

Assuming two miracles don't happen on the last night of the season, tune in Thursday morning for coverge of the jazz locker room clean out and player exit interviews. Player exit interviews usually start around 10:00 am. Listen on 1280 AM, or look for Locke to post interviews, and hope you hear something like these past Gems:

2015:

Dennis O'Lindsay- "We don't feel pressure to add a veteran just to make the minimum salary, It is better to spend wisely than than to just spend."
DoL cont. "We will make some mistakes on free agents, and draft picks or even trades. But we will build it so we can recover from those things."

2014:

Hayward- If I'm back I want us to use our athleticism more. Use our speed to get up and down the court, more in transition.
Alec Burks- "I'm a killer on both sides" this league it's kill or be killed."
Jazz Radio heads: "Enes is a worst defender than Memo ever was. In fact, Memo today, out of the league for 3 years and no Achilles is a better defender than Enes."

2013:

Coach Corbin-"Hayward, Favors, Burks, & Kanter be would be ready to start next season if that is needed from them."

DeMare Carrol- said that he had a good meeting, that the management was really pleased with his interaction with the fans, the fan bowling nights, his attitude about playing time and that they would like to have him back. Said he wants to be a Jazzman as long as they will let him. Said he wanted tape of Bruce Bowen, and that he wants to improve on his corner three's.

Locke-Locke said that we may not re-sign any of the free agents. He also said he doesn't think Millsap will be back, nor wants to be back.

2012:

Tyrone Corbin- "Derrick Favors is going to be a special player. I am excited about his upside"
Rodger Bail- "Tyrone Corbin was "unprofessional" at end of season. Corbin made things personal and it was obvious."
CJ Miles- "Communication was much better with Jerry Sloan and Corbin has struggled relaying his message to team."
Al Jefferson- "I want to finish my career in Utah."

Last edited:
2016:

Trey Burke - "I want to play in this league and know I can play in this league. My goal is to play next season wherever that might be."

Assuming two miracles don't happen on the last night of the season, tune in Thursday morning for coverge of the jazz locker room clean out and player exit interviews. Player exit interviews usually start around 10:00 am. Listen on 1280 AM, or look for Locke to post interviews, and hope you hear something like these past Gems:

2015:

Dennis O'Lindsay- "We don't feel pressure to add a veteran just to make the minimum salary, It is better to spend wisely than than to just spend."

DoL cont. "We will make some mistakes on free agents, and draft picks or even trades. But we will build it so we can recover from those things."

2014:
Hayward- If I'm back I want us to use our athleticism more. Use our speed to get up and down the court, more in transition.
Alec Burks- "I'm a killer on both sides" this league it's kill or be killed."
Jazz Radio heads: "Enes is a worst defender than Memo ever was. In fact, Memo today, out of the league for 3 years and no Achilles is a better defender than Enes."

2013:

2012:
Tyrone Corbin- "Derrick Favors is going to be a special player. I am excited about his upside"
Rodger Bail- "Tyrone Corbin was "unprofessional" at end of season. Corbin made things personal and it was obvious."
CJ Miles- "Communication was much better with Jerry Sloan and Corbin has struggled relaying his message to team."
Al Jefferson- "I want to finish my career in Utah."
Think he still feels that way??

In honor of Kobe, the Jazz will begin the locker room clean out at 11 am, 60 minutes later than previously announced.

2015 DL quotes are what I expected from hi past free agencies. Very cautious and reserved.

Bolerjack: Quin and Lindsey are going to have to figure out how to find minutes for Lyles next season.

"To many games were lost in the final few minutes, they need to figure that out"

David James: The Jazz brought a knife to a gun fight this season. The chose not to add veterans to the bench so they did not upset the chemistry in the locker room.

Boler: I think the Jazz are going to add a veteran wing scorer. They have the money to spend on a veteran willing to come here. The biggest challenge to Dennis is to find a veteran that fits into the locker room without spoiling the attitude and roles they have.

Boler: Let me say this to Jazz fans about Hayward: He is a gutty guy, he doesnt miss games, he played through injuries. The fans want more, I get it but you can't give him the ball with 2.2 seconds and expect him to make it everytime. The jazz need to bring in another guy to help him with the pressure of being the max guy.

Boler: They might need to take a puzzle piece out and put another one in, that's not my job, that's up to Dennis.

Boler: Dennis has told me the Jazz cannot be in perpetual rebuild mode.

Bolerjack: Quin and Lindsey are going to have to figure out how to find minutes for Lyles next season.

"To many games were lost in the final few minutes, they need to figure that out"

David James: The Jazz brought a knife to a gun fight this season. The chose not to add veterans to the bench so they did not upset the chemistry in the locker room.

Boler: I think the Jazz are going to add a veteran wing scorer. They have the money to spend on a veteran willing to come here. The biggest challenge to Dennis is to find a veteran that fits into the locker room without spoiling the attitude and roles they have.

Boler: Let me say this to Jazz fans about Hayward: He is a gutty guy, he doesnt miss games, he played through injuries. The fans want more, I get it but you can't give him the ball with 2.2 seconds and expect him to make it everytime. The jazz need to bring in another guy to help him with the pressure of being the max guy.

Boler: They might need to take a puzzle piece out and put another one in, that's not my job, that's up to Dennis.

Boler: Dennis has told me the Jazz cannot be in perpetual rebuild mode.

I would opt to bring Rudy Gay. Average 17.2 pts for the Kings and hated the losing atmosphere.

"Boler: Dennis has told me the Jazz cannot be in perpetual rebuild mode. "

I agree, good to hear. Now what are you going to do about it DL. Cake is baked, time to bust it out. Make a trade/signing to improve this team.

I just drove past ZBBC, even the sky is crying today.

Dennis O'Lindsay: Close games are a zero sum game, if you add us the losses and the wins they equal each other over time. The true measure of a championship caliber team is the ability to blow out other teams so that the team doesn't play in close games.

Quin: The one area I feel like we can make a marked improvement is on the defense end. If you compare us over the game to the end of the game, we just aren't very good at the end. The game changes at the end, fouls that would be called in the first quarter, won't be called in the end of the fourth. We need to coach our players and help them understand it is a different game.

CgDwUNlUAAAYBl_.jpg:large

Last edited:
Quin alluding to what I concluded in my thread from a couple days ago. Our defense was very poor at the end of close games.