What's new

Jazz Locker-room Cleanout & Exit Interviews 2016

Also, he said "agreed to" like both sides agreed, but they didnt go through. I guess they could have been cancelled because of cold feet from the other team, but another reason for cancelling are the results of physicals. *Though I think those are usually conducted after the trades, right?*

Correct... Physicals after trade. They could do one before but everyone would find out about it if it was that far down the road.

I doubt it was burks... Sounds like it was a pick or something. There may be something to the Rudy Gay whispers from Locke. Sac seems like a team that would agree to a trade and then back out... Blade didn't know about trade calls... Maybe he forgot to call it in.

It is nice to hear that the DL say he erred on the side of continuity... I think he's a genuine dude and am glad he's the GM. I've been critical of him but at least he doesn't screw the franchise over for years in his own self interests like some gms do.

Really interesting stuff. Now is 100% the time to get veterans and beef our team up. No excuses. Dennis knows Gordon is gone if we make this next year another development one.

Per DJJazzyJody twitter : " Dennis Lindsey said one priority this offseason will be to use 28 million in cap space (and possibly picks) to obtain a veteran player."

Tony Jones Twitter: "I could be wrong, but reading between the lines it doesn't sound like the jazz are planning on bringing Trevor Booker back"

Per DJJazzyJody twitter : " Dennis Lindsey said one priority this offseason will be to use 28 million in cap space (and possibly picks) to obtain a veteran player."

Tony Jones Twitter: "I could be wrong, but reading between the lines it doesn't sound like the jazz are planning on bringing Trevor Booker back"

Pretty sure Jody misquoted. DL said it would be a priority to discuss doing it. Seems like last year it wasnt even on the radar and now they will talk about it.

Pretty sure Jody misquoted. DL said it would be a priority to discuss doing it. Seems like last year it wasnt even on the radar and now they will talk about it.

I double checked. Keep in mind I am quoting their twitter feeds. They are not, for the most part, quoting DL and Snyder. Just reporting back.

Having said that, I quoted his twitter correctly.

It's really refreshing how much our front office "gets it". Find myself nodding in complete agreement with everything they say.

A total relief as a sports fan (I know the other side all too well, with our local hockey team). Really expecting a big jump here in the coming season.

It's really refreshing how much our front office "gets it". Find myself nodding in complete agreement with everything they say.

A total relief as a sports fan (I know the other side all too well, with our local hockey team). Really expecting a big jump here in the coming season.

A fully healthy team with a vet wing shooter, SF! maybe!, is competing for home court IMO.

Really interesting stuff. Now is 100% the time to get veterans and beef our team up. No excuses. Dennis knows Gordon is gone if we make this next year another development one.

Dead horse I know but last year was the year to do it. This year everyone has space and the FA crop is just okay. This board will melt when you see what players get this offseason. Last year similar talent could be had for less... It would have helped our development this season... And it would have started the clock on whatever deal we signed a year earlier. If we sign someone long term it now affects our ability to keep our core guys.

DL is also very forthright which I appreciate.

A fully healthy team with a vet wing shooter, SF! maybe!, is competing for home court IMO.

It is rare to be fully healthy though... So I think we have to plan around injuries. I agree that we could be a 4th 5th seed depending on what happens.

Dennis Lindsey, "One error we made and it is fair, we overvalued chemistry, when a veteran could have helped."

Dennis, there were two trades proposed to the Jazz, that the Jazz agreed to that did not happen that would have traded a jazz first round pick for a veteran with significant experience.

In other words, "We totally overplayed that cakk angle. Shoulda been less cakk."

In other words, "We totally overplayed that cakk angle. Shoulda been less cakk."

In my opinion, last offseason wasn't the time to go for FA acquisitions. You disagree. That's fine.

I think nearly everyone wanted something done at the deadline though.

I also think that if we had a healthy season on par with Portland he'd be much less remorseful about it.

Dead horse I know but last year was the year to do it. This year everyone has space and the FA crop is just okay. This board will melt when you see what players get this offseason. Last year similar talent could be had for less... It would have helped our development this season... And it would have started the clock on whatever deal we signed a year earlier. If we sign someone long term it now affects our ability to keep our core guys.

Look at the contracts given last offseason-- who should we have gotten?

Would you rather have Carroll for 20 mil or Conley for 20 mil?

It sounds like it pains DL to talk about how the Jazz need to talk about signing veterans.

or you're just a fanboy. Don't say that isn't possible. Critical distance is possible -- and good -- even with respect to those you admire.

We have a set starting 5 with 12 draft picks in the next 3 years along with 28 mil in cap space.

I think we'll be okay.

or you're just a fanboy. Don't say that isn't possible. Critical distance is possible -- and good -- even with respect to those you admire.

I'm an Edmonton Oilers fanboy-- for longer than my stint with Utah-- and I criticize them whenever I can.

In my opinion, last offseason wasn't the time to go for FA acquisitions. You disagree. That's fine.

I think nearly everyone wanted something done at the deadline though.

I also think that if we had a healthy season on par with Portland he'd be much less remorseful about it.

why do all of you cakk bakkers use this golden parachute called "injuries" at every single opportunity? You have to build a team to withstand injuries. It's a ****ing gamble to go into a season without that safety net. This team wasn't built floor-to-ceiling; the gamble didn't pay off.