What's new

Jazz Locker-room Cleanout & Exit Interviews 2016

Quin: Some of the games final scores look like it was a close game but it really wasn't. Other games we did have a shot. We did not defensive rebounds down the stretch. Another thing is we did not shoot free-throws well.

Per Tony Jones Twitter: "Dennis Lindsey said the team isn't championship caliber, but is playoff competitive."

"Dennis Lindsey said he may use draft picks to attain a veteran, if opportunity arises"

Also, Snyder commenting about needing to close games better on both ends of the floor.

DOL: We have number of picks, but we may not use them if the analysis says we ought to use them to get a veteran. We will not arbitrarily try to speed up the process or slow it down, or to use a catch phrase "skipping steps".

We have to get away from rationalize, and get into what is real. The worst thing we can do is overreact. Greg Miller told Dennis, " We are operators, not traders."

Glad to hear Quinn and Lindsey are saying the real problem. Definitely makes me think they will address and fix the problems we have.

Dennis Lindsey, "One error we made and it is fair, we overvalued chemistry, when a veteran could have helped."

Dennis, there were two trades proposed to the Jazz, that the Jazz agreed to that did not happen that would have traded a jazz first round pick for a veteran with significant experience.

Dennis Lindsey, "One error we made and it is fair, we overvalued chemistry, when a veteran could have helped."

Dennis, there were two trades proposed to the Jazz, that the Jazz agreed to that did not happen that would have traded a jazz first round pick for a veteran with significant experience.

jazz better get a veteran guard this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Question: "Dennis what is the most fair criticism, and what do you need to address it?"

Dennis: Quin and I have a list of a few items, we may place them in different order, but we are on the same page. For me the top priority is ball security, any shot is better than no shot. And I can't look at anyone without looking at myself. We gave the coach a team and asked them to grow and develop.

Then Lindsay discussed Gobert turning the ball over at the top of the key as a development strategy, but it needs to improve.

Quin: Turnovers have been addressed, he added the team needs to play with purpose and the team needs leadership on the court. It is not a critisim of our current group, it is a room for growth. Some teams have an alpha leader, like Chris Paul. Other teams leaders grow, like GS for example.

I wonder if they tried to trade Burks but he failed some kind of medical screening and that explains why they held Burks out so long?

Any reason whatsoever to think that?

None, just pure dumb speculation.

I don't know who else we could have traded though that would have brought us a veteran player worth bringing over. Burke is the other obvious guess, but he said 2 trades. That could have been 2 different Burke trades, or it could have been 2 trades with 2 different players.

Question: Dennis will you encourage your players to play in the olimpics or will you discourage it?

Dennis: That is the hardest question of the day. We will sit down with each player and discuss it with them. I don't know what that means for Dante. Dante will start taking contact in June, the Australian team starts practice in June.

Rudy is a different situation, he needs strength training and active rest to end his issues related to fatigue.

Any reason whatsoever to think that?

Also, he said "agreed to" like both sides agreed, but they didnt go through. I guess they could have been cancelled because of cold feet from the other team, but another reason for cancelling are the results of physicals. *Though I think those are usually conducted after the trades, right?*