What's new

Jazz Locker-room Cleanout & Exit Interviews 2016

Dead horse I know but last year was the year to do it. This year everyone has space and the FA crop is just okay. This board will melt when you see what players get this offseason. Last year similar talent could be had for less... It would have helped our development this season... And it would have started the clock on whatever deal we signed a year earlier. If we sign someone long term it now affects our ability to keep our core guys.

It's not a dead horse. The majority of jazzfanz still doesn't get it.

why do all of you cakk bakkers use this golden parachute called "injuries" at every single opportunity? You have to build a team to withstand injuries. It's a ****ing gamble to go into a season without that safety net. This team wasn't built floor-to-ceiling; the gamble didn't pay off.

Injuries can generally be compensated at the FA deadline.

With Burks, Fav, and Rudy down we 100% had the assets to address the lowest points of our season.

I think that's where I point to when I think for critique for last season. Not the offseason.

Hayward: Looking forward to having a season with our full crew. This off-season is so important to all of us.

Hayward talks about how having a wife and a baby, with another daughter expected this summer, gives him perspective and makes him want to work harder. Other guys on the team have babies too, it will be fun to watch the kids grow up and bond.

The contract will take care of itself, I have to become a better player to make this a better team.

why do all of you cakk bakkers use this golden parachute called "injuries" at every single opportunity? You have to build a team to withstand injuries. It's a ****ing gamble to go into a season without that safety net. This team wasn't built floor-to-ceiling; the gamble didn't pay off.
So all the other teams build to withstand injuries?

Name some teams that would be high seeds in the playoffs if their starting point guard missed 82 games, their starting power forward missed 20 games, starting center missed 20 games, 6th man missed 50 games and starting shooting guard and starting small forward also missed a handful of games.

I will wait.

Look at the contracts given last offseason-- who should we have gotten?

Would you rather have Carroll for 20 mil or Conley for 20 mil?

Casspi 2 yrs 6M... Teletovic 1 yr. 5M... Any of the guys Portland signed or traded for... Jared Dudley or Zaza when Milwaukee dumped both for nothing. Jeremy Lin for 1 year 2ish mil. Conley wasn't even a free agent. Cory Joseph, Jon leuer, Patrick Beverly all would have helped.

Even if we had signed Carroll to his overpriced deal... We could still move him... He has trade value.

There will be some values out there this season but they will be more scarce and there are more shoppers. It's a free agency bubble market that everybody EVERYBODY should have seen coming.

With Burks, Fav, and Rudy down we 100% had the assets to address the lowest points of our season.

I think that's where I point to when I think for critique for last season. Not the offseason.

But starting Neto for 50 games was coolbeans.

We already know you had blindness regarding Trey, but we can all see now that was another dead piece that needed to be addressed

^There's two things we knew before Day 1

I've argued at length that we have long-standing perimeter defense problems, which the stats now bear out. Again.

^There's three. Before Day 1.

The cakk was either a pipe dream or a lie.

Name some teams that would be high seeds in the playoffs if their starting point guard missed 82 games, their starting power forward missed 20 games, starting center missed 20 games, 6th man missed 50 games and starting shooting guard and starting small forward also missed a handful of games.

I will wait.

We missed the 6th seed by a couple of games. You don't think we could have addressed the known problems and thereby withstood the injuries enough to get into the playoffs?

Stop waiting. You're resembling DL too much.

I will wait.

Memphis and Dallas both had injury issues... Timing is different.

We obviously had an inordinate amount of injuries but had we brought in one solid vet contributor it would have shielded us much better. It was the fairly obvious move that some of us championed from the beginning... Now with DL laments I'm not sure the other arguments have a leg to stand on.

Casspi 2 yrs 6M... Teletovic 1 yr. 5M... Any of the guys Portland signed or traded for... Jared Dudley or Zaza when Milwaukee dumped both for nothing. Jeremy Lin for 1 year 2ish mil. Conley wasn't even a free agent. Cory Joseph, Jon leuer, Patrick Beverly all would have helped.

Even if we had signed Carroll to his overpriced deal... We could still move him... He has trade value.

There will be some values out there this season but they will be more scarce and there are more shoppers. It's a free agency bubble market that everybody EVERYBODY should have seen coming.

The power of hindsight on some of these dudes lol.

Yeah you can plug holes but Naos isn't talking about plugging holes. He's not talking about scoring a Shelvin Mack or a guy with one year left. He's talking about bringing in a player that can help us take a step forward and be here for at least 4 years. Too late to get a good deal now.

Hayward: Looking forward to having a season with our full crew. This off-season is so important to all of us.

Hayward talks about how having a wife and a baby, with another daughter expected this summer, gives him perspective and makes him want to work harder. Other guys on the team have babies too, it will be fun to watch the kids grow up and bond.

The contract will take care of itself, I have to become a better player to make this a better team.

Sounds positive and that he sees himself here in the future

Can someone clue me into this "cakk" ******** everyone is referencing? I don't get it. What does it mean?

The power of hindsight on some of these dudes lol.

I replied Casspi hard before free agency... Also wanted leuer. Would have been all over Beverly but thought he'd get 10 M plus... I'm not Nostradamus but I was in on some of these guys prior to FA. Crowder was another that I wanted.

If one poster cherry picks a perceived bad deal I can cherry pick good ones.

We obviously had an inordinate amount of injuries but had we brought in one solid vet contributor it would have shielded us much better. It was the fairly obvious move that some of us championed from the beginning... Now with DL laments I'm not sure the other arguments have a leg to stand on.

Fish isn't saying we shouldn't have tried to get a vet at all. Just that it isn't exactly fair to expect DL to have forseen the magnitude of our injury problems. Another vet would've helped, but putting DL to the torch is a bit of an overreaction.

Every team has injuries.
Did they have injuries to the extent the jazz did though?

And also you kind of proved my point. Memphis and dallas finished with records very similar to the jazz iirc.

If you have injuries like the jazz then you will be a fringe playoff team at best.(Like the jazz, mavs, grizz)

The jazz picking up Jared dudley and caspi don't change their record much

Fish isn't saying we shouldn't have tried to get a vet at all. Just that it isn't exactly fair to expect DL to have forseen the magnitude of our injury problems. Another vet would've helped, but putting DL to the torch is a bit of an overreaction.

Considering that the Jazz let an opportunity pass them by - point blank - I don't think people's frustrations are an overreaction. Having Neto start 50 games should be enough to make someone pissed.

Every team has injuries.
Did they have injuries to the extent the jazz did though.

And also you kind of proved my point. Memphis and dallas finished with records very similar to the jazz iirc.

If you have injuries like the jazz then you will be a fringe playoff team at best.(Like the jazz, mavs, grizz)

The jazz picking up Jared dudley and caspi don't change their record much

I admitted as much on the amount of injuries. If those guys swing one or two games we are in the playoffs... Our record vs. point margin had a gap which tells me an incremental roster improvement could have meant a 4-5 game swing which changes everything for the current season.

Can someone clue me into this "cakk" ******** everyone is referencing? I don't get it. What does it mean?

Some posters didn't think the Jazz should add any ingredients last off season. They thought the Jazz should use the ingredients that they had and simply Bakk da Cakk.