What's new

Jazz Locker-room Cleanout & Exit Interviews 2016

The jazz picking up Jared dudley and caspi don't change their record much

Link?

I'm pretty sure you were one of the people wondering what would have happened if we'd had Mack the whole season. We can see from the 30 games he played here that we would have made the playoffs. That's just with Mack. Shelvin Mack.

Every team has injuries.
Did they have injuries to the extent the jazz did though?

And also you kind of proved my point. Memphis and dallas finished with records very similar to the jazz iirc.

If you have injuries like the jazz then you will be a fringe playoff team at best.(Like the jazz, mavs, grizz)

The jazz picking up Jared dudley and caspi don't change their record much
You're saying that filling Lilsap/CJ's minutes with a real NBA player wouldn't change things much?

Considering that the Jazz let an opportunity pass them by - point blank - I don't think people's frustrations are an overreaction. Having Neto start 50 games should be enough to make someone pissed.

Exactly... Adding talent was a freaking no brainer. Even if we overpaid a bit. Many of those guys would be assets and if not then oh well... We finished under the cap and just barely over the minimum salary... That asset doesn't carry forward.

Derrick Favors on just missing the playoffs: "It was heartbreaking. A lot of guys took it kind of hard. I know I did."

Considering that the Jazz let an opportunity pass them by - point blank - I don't think people's frustrations are an overreaction. Having Neto start 50 games should be enough to make someone pissed.

I get what you're saying, but it's not like he's done irreparable damage.

Maybe my perspective is unfair - I'm an Eagles fan and had to go through Chip Kelly neutering their roster. The worst DL not getting a veteran did was rob the Jazz of some playoff experience this year. But there's other benefits - for driven people, there's no greater motivation to improve than coming up just short of your goals.

I admitted as much on the amount of injuries. If those guys swing one or two games we are in the playoffs... Our record vs. point margin had a gap which tells me an incremental roster improvement could have meant a 4-5 game swing which changes everything for the current season.
My point is that no team is built to withstand injuries like the jazz had.

I made a post a few days ago where I compared the jazz 4th wing and 4th and 5th big (since everyone was saying we should have upgraded booker, withey, and ingles) the 3, 4, 5, 6 seeds on each conference. The conclusion? Ingles withey and booker (the jazz bench) was about as good as anybody elses. 4th and 5th string dudes suck on pretty much every team. That's why they are 4th and 5th stringers.
The jazz problem wasn't their depth, (I already compared their depth with the other teams so I know depth wasn't the issue) it was injuries and youth/inexperienced with some bad luck (opponents making crazy hard shots against us in close games), and poor officiating in close games sprinkled in. The roster was fine.

You're saying that filling Lilsap/CJ's minutes with a real NBA player wouldn't change things much?
I'm saying that other teams have cj's and lilsaps too. It's just that they have healthier teams so they never see the court and they have star players.

The difference between the jazz and the 3,4,5,6 seeds in the east and west this year was not our 4th and 5th stringers. It's was mostly health and the fact that those other teams have guys like lillard, cp3, westbrook, durant, etc and we don't have guys like that.

But starting Neto for 50 games was coolbeans.

We already know you had blindness regarding Trey, but we can all see now that was another dead piece that needed to be addressed

^There's two things we knew before Day 1

I've argued at length that we have long-standing perimeter defense problems, which the stats now bear out. Again.

^There's three. Before Day 1.

The cakk was either a pipe dream or a lie.

I'm not ready to call it quits on a players career after 2 seasons. If you do, then that's your prerogative.

I'm out. Neglecting my job too much. Done with jazzfanz for the rest of my work day.

But starting Neto for 50 games was coolbeans.

We already know you had blindness regarding Trey, but we can all see now that was another dead piece that needed to be addressed

^There's two things we knew before Day 1

I've argued at length that we have long-standing perimeter defense problems, which the stats now bear out. Again.

^There's three. Before Day 1.

The cakk was either a pipe dream or a lie.

Also pls link stats to our defensive woes on the wing. Thanks. Would love to see these.

A lot of people thought CJ was going to be good too. He played well last year.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

A lot of people thought CJ was going to be good too. He played well last year.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

NAOS was probably his biggest fan. Gambling on good defenders with work ethic from the D League is what brought us Wes and Demarre.

NAOS was probably his biggest fan. Gambling on good defenders with work ethic from the D League is what brought us Wes and Demarre.

Yep. CJ would have had the 15th roster spot on my team. I'd continually give my 15th spot to guys of CJ ilk, no problem.

Also pls link stats to our defensive woes on the wing. Thanks. Would love to see these.

Who's beating us in the 4th quarters, when our defense is miserable? Hint: it isn't big guys.

Defending the perimeter in the 4th quarter, when the officiating changes, is its own skill set. We need somebody who's good at it, and to let Hayward focus more on buckets.