What's new

Jazz Media / Content Day

Part of DA's master plan to secure a top pick in the next draft. Genius.
Like I am not talking about this year... I'm talking about in a couple years. I'd love to give them truth serum and see what the plan is.

It's so weird that employees publicly say good things about their co-workers and the leadership that is responsible for their paychecks.
Yeah I get it.
The uniform unveil was such a disaster.
Trading both Rudy and Don was not popular with alot of the season ticket holders.
Personally I'm fine with them tanking in a year when potentially a once a decade type prospect in Wemby is available. It's a tough sell to fans that haven't been through this kind of rebuild though.

I'm probably one of the few that really follow the draft analytics and did like THT coming out of Iowa State. I'm hoping he does get minutes in the rotation at some point this season.

In addition to Conley, Hardy was also very complimentary of NAW after practice today.

There’s a pattern here. It’s all the guy that DA traded for that were bad basketball moves and here these are the guys being hyped.

THT isn't a guy who would have been successful with Quin and Dennis Lindsey running the team. The more I watch him, the more I notice he has some things in common with Emanuel Mudiay, both good and bad. However, we don't know what kind of players and scheme that Ainge and Hardy are looking to create. THT is someone who can put the ball down and drive. He can make a defense collapse or breakdown, so maybe that's something the new front office values.

THT isn't a guy who would have been successful with Quin and Dennis Lindsey running the team. The more I watch him, the more I notice he has some things in common with Emanuel Mudiay, both good and bad. However, we don't know what kind of players and scheme that Ainge and Hardy are looking to create. THT is someone who can put the ball down and drive. He can make a defense collapse or breakdown, so maybe that's something the new front office values.
Mudiay had one of his best years under Snyder...

Yeah I get it.
The uniform unveil was such a disaster.
Trading both Rudy and Don was not popular with alot of the season ticket holders.
Personally I'm fine with them tanking in a year when potentially a once a decade type prospect in Wemby is available. It's a tough sell to fans that haven't been through this kind of rebuild though.

I'm probably one of the few that really follow the draft analytics and did like THT coming out of Iowa State. I'm hoping he does get minutes in the rotation at some point this season.
The problem isn't tanking. The problem that has alienated a some fans is that this is self inflicted. There were multiple ways to do this without blowing it up. And as for one who follows the draft it has to be clear that we are taking a gamble with draft picks producing anyone as good as Rudy or Donny. Fingers crossed.

Then he got cut and never made it back in the league.
Sure, but he still had one of the best years of his career here. The Jazz maximized his ability more than basically anyone else did while winning basketball games (Mudiay never made the playoffs until Utah). The whole premise of your "THT would have been bad under Snyder" is a false one.

Sure, but he still had one of the best years of his career here. The Jazz maximized his ability more than basically anyone else did while winning basketball games (Mudiay never made the playoffs until Utah). The whole premise of your "THT would have been bad under Snyder" is a false one.

Mudiay didn't have one of the best years of his career with the Jazz. He was a backup off the bench, something like the 10th man. He averaged around 15 minutes of playing time during the regular season, had numerous DNPs, and wasn't in the rotation for the playoffs. He was on a minimum contract and didn't get brought back for a second season. He was effectively replaced by Trent Forrest. Pretty hard to call that successful.

Mudiay's issues were that he didn't shoot 3s well, didn't defend consistently and didn't share the ball enough.

Just listened to this whole interview... Tony said that the only team that was really serious about trading for Clarkson was the Bucks, said the Jazz would've had to take back George Hill and they weren't willing to do that.
Which is weird cuz you just cut him... he makes $4M. If the other stuff in the deal is not good then I get it, but it would have to be Allen and Hill... not sure we get a pick... so I'm good keeping JC.

Which is weird cuz you just cut him... he makes $4M. If the other stuff in the deal is not good then I get it, but it would have to be Allen and Hill... not sure we get a pick... so I'm good keeping JC.

Yeah, that didn't really make sense to me either. Why would Hill be the deal break when he's only making $4 million? I'm guessing they must not have offered a pick.