What's new

Jazz Media / Content Day

Some interesting comments from Windhorst...sounds like he thinks the tank is on, regardless of what the Jazz say. He made a good point about how everything the Jazz have said publicly over the past few months has basically been a lie.

View: https://twitter.com/JazzNationNews/status/1575254899327016960

I dont know if we have gotten bad enough for the tank to be worth it but the comments DA makes in public are full of obvious spin. It might fool a few fans until the season gets underway.

The problem isn't tanking. The problem that has alienated a some fans is that this is self inflicted. There were multiple ways to do this without blowing it up. And as for one who follows the draft it has to be clear that we are taking a gamble with draft picks producing anyone as good as Rudy or Donny. Fingers crossed.
No there wasn't another way to do it. The jazz were asset poor and cap strapped. The only people with issues are uneducated fans and there isn't anything you can do about that.

Some interesting comments from Windhorst...sounds like he thinks the tank is on, regardless of what the Jazz say. He made a good point about how everything the Jazz have said publicly over the past few months has basically been a lie.

I started but then stopped cuz those two gas bags are hard to listen to... I think Windy is connected but I'd never listen to his pod without Bontemps and McMahon. Simmons is 100% about the guests as he is so hard to listen to anymore.

Didn't know there would be Jazz truths in there.

Interesting where Butler is as compared to last year when so many on this board were sure he was one of the answers to some of our problems.
Not just us... Jazz writers were on him too. Quin did him no favors last year... this summer is on him though.

DA basically admitted last interview that our team wasn't going to work and his intention was to tear it down. They have been lying for months about everything!! Windy was 100% right look at their actions not their words!!

The ninnies who have their panties in a bunch need to hear this
Look this tank race is going to be fierce. Teams are going to do **** they are not proud of. Being casual about it will absolutely result in losing (winning) some ground.

We have like 9 legit nba rotation players... OKC has like 4-5... SA has like 6... Houston has like 3. #4 is as low as we will get... once Indiana fires up the tank we could easily slip past them... I could see the Lakers or Kings having an injury and being awful. Orlando should be solid-ish... but I'm also looking at the Hornets and if Gordo is hurt... Bridges gone... they could join the race.

To get to the bottom 4-5 we gonna have to pull some shenanigans or have some injuries... or make some trades to offload vets.

Ainge is in surprise mode all summer... Vegas and everyone thinks we gonna be 24 wins... okay watch this 33 win season we pull out our ***... we think the 8/9th pick is just dandy cuz we building culture ya bish!

Look this tank race is going to be fierce. Teams are going to do **** they are not proud of. Being casual about it will absolutely result in losing (winning) some ground.

We have like 9 legit nba rotation players... OKC has like 4-5... SA has like 6... Houston has like 3. #4 is as low as we will get... once Indiana fires up the tank we could easily slip past them... I could see the Lakers or Kings having an injury and being awful. Orlando should be solid-ish... but I'm also looking at the Hornets and if Gordo is hurt... Bridges gone... they could join the race.

To get to the bottom 4-5 we gonna have to pull some shenanigans or have some injuries... or make some trades to offload vets.

Ainge is in surprise mode all summer... Vegas and everyone thinks we gonna be 24 wins... okay watch this 33 win season we pull out our ***... we think the 8/9th pick is just dandy cuz we building culture ya bish!
Houston got way more than 3.

DA basically admitted last interview that our team wasn't going to work and his intention was to tear it down. They have been lying for months about everything!! Windy was 100% right look at their actions not their words!!
They traded a vet for another vet at a position of need.

Houston got way more than 3.
I don't think Green is a guy that helps you win... he's an NBA player... Sengun similar boat... name 3 guys that are helping you win on that roster. You get to David Nwaba real quick.

I don't think Green is a guy that helps you win... he's an NBA player... Sengun similar boat... name 3 guys that are helping you win on that roster. You get to David Nwaba real quick.
They are hyper talented and guys could be in for big jumps. I also think Jabari is going to be a very good rookie in terms of winning impact.

Not just us... Jazz writers were on him too. Quin did him no favors last year... this summer is on him though.
Or.....Quin was right in not using him the way everyone was clamoring for. Happens every year, people fall in love with a Rook or young guy who they are sure is the answer and it usually turns out the coach was right. Last year was Butlers turn. Even if he works out, he clearly was not ready last year.

No there wasn't another way to do it. The jazz were asset poor and cap strapped. The only people with issues are uneducated fans and there isn't anything you can do about that.
Nope. Trading Donny and or some other pieces like Royce and building around Rudy was an option, an extremely good on IMO. Filling in a solid wing or stretch 4 was very doable and Conley is still solid as a PG on the right team.

They are hyper talented and guys could be in for big jumps. I also think Jabari is going to be a very good rookie in terms of winning impact.
as far as guys that affect winning... I think we have like 3 or 4 that are better than their best guy. They won 21 games last year and traded their leading scorer.

They already got Gordon bought into a small bench role... they are a problem!!!

Or.....Quin was right in not using him the way everyone was clamoring for. Happens every year, people fall in love with a Rook or young guy who they are sure is the answer and it usually turns out the coach was right. Last year was Butlers turn. Even if he works out, he clearly was not ready last year.
And I'm open to that... it was just weird how Quin went out of his way to throw cold water on JB and then gave him a completely ****** role where it would have been very hard to succeed. He may have seen something he hated and may have been right... but it was weird.

Quin was good but one of his issues was not seeing the big picture and grooming guys... he was hyperfocused on the best chance to win the game that night.

as far as guys that affect winning... I think we have like 3 or 4 that are better than their best guy. They won 21 games last year and traded their leading scorer.

They already got Gordon bought into a small bench role... they are a problem!!!
Just saying that your claim was hyperbolic. I would say they have 6 solid NBA to very good NBA players.

And I'm open to that... it was just weird how Quin went out of his way to throw cold water on JB and then gave him a completely ****** role where it would have been very hard to succeed. He may have seen something he hated and may have been right... but it was weird.

Quin was good but one of his issues was not seeing the big picture and grooming guys... he was hyperfocused on the best chance to win the game that night.
Quin hasnt been proven wrong on a single prospect yet. People hated on his Exum treatment too but where is Exum now?