What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

We can revisit this in five years. He’s awful. Also, his rebounding numbers blow and I’d hardly call 34% from the college 3 good. He’s gonna have no place offensively on a court and be overwhelmed on the defensive end by nba athletes. It’s blatantly obvious watching him.
It's blatantly obvious yet nearly every scouting service will tell you he's a top tier defender (and it's not like they just hand that out to white players freely).

Just go rewatch his defensive highlights. He's locking down NBA prospects with footwork and his lateral quickness.

lmfao. Yeah, he has the handle of Stephen Hawking, the shot of Helen Keller and rebounds like Mini-Me.
Dribbling is the only valid critique here lmao.

He's a top tier FT shooter and his 3pt shot will come around.

He averaged 6.5 rebounds per game. Had a 12% TRB and Michigan was a top 20 rebounding team among all college teams according to total rebound percentage.

You are really bad at this draft stuff man. We all know you just look at a highlights tape then form an opinion without looking at any actual data or reading, then just shoot from the hip. Comparing him to Tyler Hansborough is flat out nonsense.

I don't hate Wagner, but I'm also not enamored with him. He's not an elite athlete which concerns me. Is he even an athlete at all? Seems like a guy with a complete skill set for college but will he translate to the NBA?

He might work. Might not. Not worth trading up for in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
He's got some of the best lateral quickness in the draft and was a monster in transition play.

Athleticism isnt just jumping high Mr. Alabama University.

Dribbling is the only valid critique here lmao.
He's a top tier FT shooter and his 3pt shot will come around.

He averaged 6.5 rebounds per game. Had a 12% TRB and Michigan was a top 20 rebounding team among all college teams according to total rebound percentage.

You are really bad at this draft stuff man. We all know you just look at a highlights tape then form an opinion without looking at any actual data or reading, then just shoot from the hip. Comparing him to Tyler Hansborough is flat out nonsense.

Listen, you’re wrong—I am standing by this that strongly. And if we’re measuring dicks, yours is the one girls laugh at. Jacob Evans? Lulz.

Just watch the defensive portion of this video and tell me you dont think he will translate defensively. If you think that, it's purely based on the stereotype of the white NBA player.

He's got some of the best lateral quickness in the draft and was a monster in transition play.

Athleticism isnt just jumping high Mr. Alabama University.
It's The University of Alabama. Or championship U. Or RB U. Or Linebacker U. Or WR U. Or be ignorant and call it something else, we'll still whoop that ***.

Can you show me where Wagner tested for the "some of the best lateral quickness in the draft"? I'm very curious.

It's The University of Alabama. Or championship U. Or RB U. Or Linebacker U. Or WR U. Or be ignorant and call it something else, we'll still whoop that ***.

Can you show me where Wagner tested for the "some of the best lateral quickness in the draft"? I'm very curious.

Franz didnt test and test dont really matter. This must be hard for y'all who never watch basketball unless teh Jazz are losing so you want to hop on to complain.

Just watch the defensive portion of this video and tell me you dont think he will translate defensively. If you think that, it's purely based on the stereotype of the white NBA player.

He won’t be a great defensive player. He’ll be a 9th man on a team.

Wagner has legit 2-4 defensive ability with switching onto PG's in his bag. He's going to get more athletic with age as his body fills out (think Hayward, great frame).

Franz didnt test and test dont really matter. This must be hard for y'all who never watch basketball unless teh Jazz are losing so you want to hop on to complain.
I was just trying to clarify, and I did, that you were just talking out of your anus about Wagner having "some of the best lateral quickness in the draft". We don't really know though do we? He looks great against Northwestern's PG though.

I was just trying to clarify, and I did, that you were just talking out of your anus about Wagner having "some of the best lateral quickness in the draft". We don't really know though do we? He looks great against Northwestern's PG though.
Bruh you might not know, but me and nearly every other respected draft analyst know.

Will also point out Wagner shot 41% from 3 in conference play this year.

In the unlikely scenario he drops to late lottery, he's the only guy other than Moses Moody (and maybe Josh Giddey) where I would trade up for.

If you compare Franz Wagner to Mikal Bridges at the same stages Wagner is the far superior prospect.

I doubt he falls out of the top-10.

So back to this live, great vibes from 3:38-4:06 in that live right?

Eric: “bro you need to get out of Utah with this”

Donovan: “bro I don’t want to turn into some like……bruh I’m just chillin bro”

That’s an “I want to leave, but I don’t want to look bad” kinda energy answer there.

What don’t you want to turn into Don? His want to be here ain’t why he’s here, his want to protect his image is his top worry. “Bro I don’t want to turn into some like…..”

That might actually be the most positive sign you’ll get for me. Like he won’t be here beyond this contract, but his image is important to him enough he may not force his way out until the last year of the deal (another reason the PO was so extremely stupid but also why he wanted it so bad). But you also hope the organization knows as well to a point they don’t kid themselves with it. If I were the Jazz I’d probably get ahead of it and trade him after the 2022-23 season. His value will be at its highest peak right then. May as well just dive all the way in the next couple years.

I think people read into this stuff too much. His buddy makes a joke about being behind on the latest music trends. It's not that serious and the situation with Donovan is not some mystery.

We know who Donovan is. He's not going to get out of Utah because he needs to hear the hottest music, he's a NYC kid who loves the bright lights and actively tries to be a star on and off the court. If you thought he was going to be a Jazz lifer...idk what to tell you. There's nothing wrong with that, by the way. He has his priorities and it shouldn't shock anyone that his career goals aren't to spend his whole career in Utah.

Like you said, it's best if we don't kid ourselves. Get the most out of the time he's here and when it's time for him to move on make sure he's not walking for nothing and we get a good trade.

I think people read into this stuff too much. His buddy makes a joke about being behind on the latest music trends. It's not that serious and the situation with Donovan is not some mystery.

We know who Donovan is. He's not going to get out of Utah because he needs to hear the hottest music, he's a NYC kid who loves the bright lights and actively tries to be a star on and off the court. If you thought he was going to be a Jazz lifer...idk what to tell you. There's nothing wrong with that, by the way. He has his priorities and it shouldn't shock anyone that his career goals aren't to spend his whole career in Utah.

Like you said, it's best if we don't kid ourselves. Get the most out of the time he's here and when it's time for him to move on make sure he's not walking for nothing and we get a good trade.
Personally as a fan, I don't think most guys are lifers anywhere, but I would like to see Donovan here for like 10 years, and give it a really heavy punch, he'd still have plenty of time to go chase a title/bigger market if he committed that much time to SLC. I would like to see him solidify his legacy here a bit, and it's going to take re-signing at least once when he can leave. I'll pose a question. If Don is only here 6 or 7 years, he asks for a trade, we never make a finals or conference finals with him here, where does his legacy in a Jazz uniform rank? Is he even above D-Will at that point? Does he even get his jersey retired? I think as a fan I don't expect him to spend every moment of his career here, I would just like to see him spend enough of it here he can be properly celebrated. If he is gone in 2 or 3 years, I just am not sure what his overall legacy looks like in Utah, and I'd just like to see him have a forever imprint here. I don't want to see him turn into a Hayward situation where fans/the community hates him forever, and I think that will be the case if he isn't around long enough.

Personally as a fan, I don't think most guys are lifers anywhere, but I would like to see Donovan here for like 10 years, and give it a really heavy punch, he'd still have plenty of time to go chase a title/bigger market if he committed that much time to SLC. I would like to see him solidify his legacy here a bit, and it's going to take re-signing at least once when he can leave. I'll pose a question. If Don is only here 6 or 7 years, he asks for a trade, we never make a finals or conference finals with him here, where does his legacy in a Jazz uniform rank? Is he even above D-Will at that point? Does he even get his jersey retired? I think as a fan I don't expect him to spend every moment of his career here, I would just like to see him spend enough of it here he can be properly celebrated. If he is gone in 2 or 3 years, I just am not sure what his overall legacy looks like in Utah, and I'd just like to see him have a forever imprint here. I don't want to see him turn into a Hayward situation where fans/the community hates him forever, and I think that will be the case if he isn't around long enough.

I'd love to have him back on another contract, I just don't think that should be the expectation. I don't think Don cares too much about his legacy with the Jazz. It means something to Jazz fans but Don did not grow up a fan of the Jazz. He's not thinking about being the next DWill or where he ranks amongst Jazz greats, he's got his sights set on being the biggest star in the NBA. That just isn't gonna happen in UTA. When you weigh the pros and cons of cementing his Jazz legacy versus playing in a big market, I think it's kind of laughable that you would think that Don cares more about the Jazz legacy.

It doesn't have to be a nasty departure. He's given this franchise a ton and if we play our cards right he will also give the Jazz a ton when he leaves. Don is going to want to spend the prime of his career playing in a big city. I think it's best to understand the situation and be realistic about it.