What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

Meanwhile Donovan's most recent like on twitter lol

Do you have a Twitter you could post all this stuff to? It might help us consolidate it so we don’t miss anything important, then we can not post this here because we don’t want JFC making ad money off all your hard work that should be recognized in Twitter likes and follows.

I’m feeling less understanding with Ryan not paying up. Listened to a pod about the Clippers $700M tax loss… i didn’t know they got to write off the purchase price over 15 years which creates a huge no -cash “expense”. I figured most teams operated at a loss of tens of millions which saves a bundle in tax… didn’t realize it was hundreds of millions.

So I’m joining the group that says… Ryan cut the damn checks… the tax savings you are already getting for amortizing an appreciating asset are already subsidizing this ****. It would be like if we got to write off real estate purchase prices over time because the utility is being used up… even though it actually increases in value over time. The game is rigged.

There's a reason why sports franchises of all kinds are selling like hot cakes. Steve Ballmer is paying a smaller percentage on his income than I did when I got my first job as a teenager. The ironic part about paying luxury tax is that it will continue to allow owners to avoid real taxes.

Haha people watch that ****? 2 dudes talking over each other, not knowing how it works? It's like talking to my 5 year old on facetime when im out of town
I watched the 10 second part referenced.

I watched the 10 second part referenced.
Oh so did I, I just hear "IG Live" mentioned a lot and didn't know thats how lame AF it was. These kids these days need to get up, get out and get somethin'.......dont let the days of their lives pass by....

I agree 100%.

I could be okay with a Bojan trade if we bring everybody back. He just makes the most sense. Clarkson is on a fair contract, has a defined role and plays that role really well. Bojan is becoming more and more of a one trick pony. I would argue we need defense, rebounding and athleticism over his shooting.

I don’t disagree. The catch 22 is that we may very well also lose Conley which means we’d be losing about 35 points a game, and have a really shaky offense next year ala three years ago.

I don’t disagree. The catch 22 is that we may very well also lose Conley which means we’d be losing about 35 points a game, and have a really shaky offense next year ala three years ago.

This is definitely something to keep in mind. When we had Rubio, Crowder and Favors (the first time) we were great defensively but just didn't have enough offense to compete in the playoffs. Now we've sort of overcompensated and have a great offense but not enough defense. What we need to do now is add defense without sacrificing too much offense. We already have two below average offensive players in our starting lineup in Rudy and Royce, so we need to be really careful when we start talking about replacing someone like Bogey with a defender. If we lose too much offense we'll be right back in the same position we were 3 years ago. Finding a two way wing would obviously be ideal but those are very hard to come by.

This is definitely something to keep in mind. When we had Rubio, Crowder and Favors (the first time) we were great defensively but just didn't have enough offense to compete in the playoffs. Now we've sort of overcompensated and have a great offense but not enough defense. What we need to do now is add defense without sacrificing too much offense. We already have two below average offensive players in our starting lineup in Rudy and Royce, so we need to be really careful when we start talking about replacing someone like Bogey with a defender. If we lose too much offense we'll be right back in the same position we were 3 years ago. Finding a two way wing would obviously be ideal but those are very hard to come by.
If it’s evident Conley isn’t interested in returning, I wonder if the Hornets would be interested in Rozier for Bogey. Rozier scored 20 a game last year, can shoot the 3, defend, pass, rebound. He’s well-rounded and significantly younger than Bogey and Mike. He’d help replace much of the scoring we lose, the rest of which could maybe be replaced by signing Batum or Gay. Then sign Caruso on some super cheap deal.

Rozier-Caruso
Mitchell-Clarkson
O’Neale-Ingles
Batum
Gobert-Udoka

That’s nine plus our 1st rounder, etc.

Random idea here but I’m curious about people’s takes on it. I think it’d be a big win for both teams.

Jazz sign & trade Conley (approx. 2 years $40mm) & Bogey to the 76ers for Tobias Harris. (Assuming Conley agreed of course)

Random idea here but I’m curious about people’s takes on it. I think it’d be a big win for both teams.

Jazz sign & trade Conley (approx. 2 years $40mm) & Bogey to the 76ers for Tobias Harris. (Assuming Conley agreed of course)
No.

If it’s evident Conley isn’t interested in returning, I wonder if the Hornets would be interested in Rozier for Bogey. Rozier scored 20 a game last year, can shoot the 3, defend, pass, rebound. He’s well-rounded and significantly younger than Bogey and Mike. He’d help replace much of the scoring we lose, the rest of which could maybe be replaced by signing Batum or Gay. Then sign Caruso on some super cheap deal.

Rozier-Caruso
Mitchell-Clarkson
O’Neale-Ingles
Batum
Gobert-Udoka

That’s nine plus our 1st rounder, etc.
I love this idea. Makes a ton of sense for both teams. Rozier has a year less, but he's a great addition should we lose Conley.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I love this idea. Makes a ton of sense for both teams. Rozier has a year less, but he's a great addition should we lose Conley.

Well, I’d want an extension in freakin place, frankly.

But yeah, we do that and we save 600K. Let Conley walk. Trade Favors for a bag of chips. Draft BPA. Acquire a 2nd too. We suddenly get a lot younger and have a more well rounded team without losing that much of our identity.

Really? I’m assuming Conley doesn’t want to be back so you’re essentially trading Bogey for Harris.

The tax bill for mr. smith would be crazy though.
Tobias Harris is a good player, but his contract is so big. Just don't think he is the missing piece.

It's not the worst idea, but I would like it a lot more if it included Thybulle

I would trade Derrick Favors and the #30 pick and a future pick to the Chicago Bulls for Lauri Markannen.

Lauri can take minutes from Bogey and Favors. I would then trade Bogey to reduce salary and pick up another asset or cheaper player and resign Conley.

I would trade Derrick Favors and the #30 pick and a future pick to the Chicago Bulls for Lauri Markannen.

Lauri can take minutes from Bogey and Favors. I would then trade Bogey to reduce salary and pick up another asset or cheaper player and resign Conley.
If the Jazz pulled off something like this I’d then try & trade Bogey for an athletic player. Someone like Cam Reddish.

I noticed on the interwebs that the Raptors and Rodney Hood appear to be parting ways. Any interest in reuniting with old poopy pants?

I'd bring him back with open arms. Loved Rodney while he was here and I'm sure his tummy issues are a thing of the past now that he's a journeyman in the NBA.