What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

I'd rather see Joe retire a Jazz man and get nothing from it then watch him play for the Lakers.
The amount they have to pay for me to stomach the thought of Joe in a Lakers jersey is so ticking much. That trade has to be a no brainer home run for us or I’m walking.

The good news is I think JC or Bogey would be much more likely to be the player moved. We need salary flexibility and Joe’s salary is expiring… he will be swapped for space or we send a guy that has salary left after this year. It doesn’t even lower our tax bill… it raises it.

Kuzma and Montrez will end up in Sacramento for Buddy Hield is my guess… unless the kings move him to Memphis first. I think the Lakers end up with Buddy or Bledsoe after hanging Kuz out in every damn trade rumor this offseason.

I'd rather see Joe retire a Jazz man and get nothing from it then watch him play for the Lakers.
Yes it would be difficult to watch but you have to look at the big picture. Losing talented guys is a reason why the Jazz are just good enough but not great. Sentimentality needs to be for after his retirement. I didn't like Malone playing for LA either but I got over it.

Just make it...

Bojan for Kuzma, Gasol, #22 and the Lakers 2nd rounder in 2023 and 2024

If we keep Gasol, we still save $ money in this deal.
If Gasol retires, we save $2.6 more.
If we waived and stretched Gasol, it only costs us $900,000 a year towards the cap the next 3 years.

Yes it would be difficult to watch but you have to look at the big picture. Losing talented guys is a reason why the Jazz are just good enough but not great. Sentimentality needs to be for after his retirement. I didn't like Malone playing for LA either but I got over it.
It’s one thing to be sentimental… but that trade just sucks from a value standpoint. The starting point is Joe for Kuz and 22 imo… they don’t get 30. We’d have to use 30 to dump additional salary so they don’t get that… sorry. Id also stipulate that Joe can never be called a Laker or be referred to as former Laker guard… he is also required to retire and move back to Australia as soon as the season ends… I can’t tolerate two years of Joe in that uniform. Okay… maybe it’s a little sentimental.

Just make it...

Bojan for Kuzma, Gasol, #22 and the Lakers 2nd rounder in 2023 and 2024

If we keep Gasol, we still save $ money in this deal.
If Gasol retires, we save $2.6 more.
If we waived and stretched Gasol, it only costs us $900,000 a year towards the cap the next 3 years.
That deal makes more sense… if we bring Kuzma in Bojan has to be moved imo one way or another. I’d want to start Kyle and give him the best chance to be successful.

I have finally resigned myself to the belief that Joe could actually be traded. It seemed like some wild BS but there is so much smoke out there… FML

There is only one explanation... Ryan's wife has been making eyes at Joe and he feels threatened. He has to get rid of Joe to save his family.

Nah Im good. Keep Ingles win a ring

That deal makes more sense… if we bring Kuzma in Bojan has to be moved imo one way or another. I’d want to start Kyle and give him the best chance to be successful.
I actually like the idea of Bojan and Favors for Kuzma, Harrell and #22 better.

Harrell can be traded off so much more easily. The Lakers might see more value in the defense that Favors provides than the offense Harrell does. I don't care really. This trade allows us to shed more money and not lose a pick.

No, those were just Tony's thoughts on what he would do lmao.

Tony got aggregated for just giving an opinion on what he would do lmfao.
Correct.

He was just asked to comment on what he thought it would take for the Jazz to consider an Ingles/30 for Kuzma/22 trade. He said that the only way he could see Jazz interest in that was if Duarte or Murphy were still on the board at 22. He wasn't reporting that something was in the works.

I'm a big believer in Kuzma especially supported by Donovan and protected by Rudy.

But if we trade Joe for him, our expectations and pressure might be worse than LeBron's.

I'm a big believer in Kuzma especially supported by Donovan and protected by Rudy.

But if we trade Joe for him, our expectations and pressure might be worse than LeBron's.
If we have this need for wing defenders and players that offer versatility and can play in multiple positions- why the **** are we shopping wing defenders to sign ****ing Conley? Insanity....

Actually I changed my mind... Joe walks into the Lakers facility and goes office by office doing the DX "suck it" motion to every person and employee... even the children. Then he finishes his career in Australia but still does PxP for the Jazz through Zoom.