What's new

Jazz OWN the Warriors Tonight Game THREAD

• Thread starter Deleted member 5000
  • Start date
Dp9SMzCUcAUfCP1.jpg

currently our most efficient player is joe ingles followed bym crowder. Our bench unit is holding a steady rating. Rudy gobert has been our best defensive player.

the most inefficient players over 2 games have been mitchell and rubio and royce in 3rd.

i expect a lot of things to change and I hope Mitchell figures it out. I am confident he will be fine once he breaks a slump.

These things happen to alot of great players, it happened to malone, it happened to jordan, it has happened to kobe. I mean you don't got to look far, yesterday paul george had an abysmal 7-27 shooting night. **** happens, its how you respond.

I'm still pissed about the game. Jazz can and should beat any team in this league.

The good news is of the 2nd unit Exum and Crowder played well. Especially Exum - his defense was darn good.

I'm still pissed about the game. Jazz can and should beat any team in this league.

The good news is of the 2nd unit Exum and Crowder played well. Especially Exum - his defense was darn good.

Losing that game was a slap in the ******... but I’m really encouraged by many things. Exum and crowder are two of those. AB seems to be playing smarter. Ricky rebounded from a bad game.

Our defense hasn’t looked like I’d hoped yet... I think it picks up. DM struggling but I have so much faith in him and will never doubt him. He’s infallible as far as I’m concerned... I’ll always be in his corner because of how he has embraced us and this team.

Also, the image I’ll remember from last night is Ingles burying the straight away three and leaning over... it was everything.

This week is a great test... take care of Memphis then Houston and NO on the road. Curious to see how DM does against Houston now that their defensive coach and Ariza are gone. I don’t think Tucker can guard him.

7/23 in this game. yuck

you know kobe shot worse than than against celtics in game 7?

Does that one game make him terrible?

so I guess that means simmons is a better scorer than Kobe right?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

6/24 .250game 7 kobe, but he did have 15fts, DM should have drawn some fouls and taken it inside, but i think he realized that quickly after the loss.

The one thing I really took away from this game is that we are an elite team and can truly hang with anybody as long as we're healthy. Hate to lose it right at the end but that was a game that I walked away from feeling like we won on a certain level. I'm not in to moral victories but I think the Jazz can truly walk away from this one knowing they have arrived and they have a unique opportunity to seize this year.

I'm excited! Also, one last thought, my big concern this season was Dante Exum but he is balling so far, really hope he stays healthy cause he has looked faster and more confident than I have ever seen him in his tenure with the Jazz. I think we're in a good position to make this season be even better than last year's run.

acording to the ratings, we have the 4th best offense thus far, but our defense has been lackluster, probably due to pace. I think we can look forward to a lot of positive things here. I think the jazz will be fine, but we're going to be in alot of wars this year, dont expect us to walk into any of the top4seeds.

Since it says adjusted does that mean it accounts for pace?

Hopefully he doesn’t think that is the view of all fans... I love that the haters/doubters fuel him... go make them eat those words.

I hope that's his view. I hope he has enough self awareness to see and learn from his mistakes these last 2 games. I think he does. I think he knows he hurt the Jazz down the stretch. And I think he has the talent to not make those mistakes again.

The Jazz didnt get out rebounded. Both teams had the same defensive rebound percentage. I dont know how many times i have to remind people, but rebound totals arent as important as rebound percentages.

Warriors missed 38 FGA's and the Jazz missed 49. That's 11 more defensive rebounding opportunities for the Warriors.

GP.

I know that explosive first half was amazing. But we aren’t built to explode offensively like that. Play with pace and generate good shots? Yes. But we aren’t the warriors, rockets, or the Nash/Amare Suns. We are built to play tough physical defense, generate good offense, and grind teams down with our length and bigs.

So while losing that game sucked. I do feel confident that in a 7 game series we would wear golden state down, just like OKC.

Now all that changes if we get injured or if cousins comes back and is just 50 percent his former self. Although... will he ruin their spacing? I thought golden state was at its best with posting KD up on the wing and curry in front of the 3 point line and setting screens to where Rubio got switched into KD and jingles was put on curry.

The Jazz didnt get out rebounded. Both teams had the same defensive rebound percentage. I dont know how many times i have to remind people, but rebound totals arent as important as rebound percentages.

Warriors missed 38 FGA's and the Jazz missed 49. That's 11 more defensive rebounding opportunities for the Warriors.
Warriors just did mote with their offensive rebounds than the Jazz did. They got every shot after an offensive rebound in the second half it seemed

Ugh. Just got over it enough to watch the last basket. Gobert pushed Jonas right to where the rebound ended up.

Without that momentum l doubt he gets that tip in. It's real obvious when you look at the angle above the basket.

Talk about bad luck .

Dp9SMzCUcAUfCP1.jpg

currently our most efficient player is joe ingles followed bym crowder. Our bench unit is holding a steady rating. Rudy gobert has been our best defensive player.

the most inefficient players over 2 games have been mitchell and rubio and royce in 3rd.
The negative trend on D for pretty much everybody not named gobert is telling.

I guess I havent seen enough of rubio to develop a bad opinion of him. He looked really good vs the warriors, to my eyes.

Im still getting over 81 1st half points vs the warriors. Or a team taking 27 more 3pt attempts than the warriors.

Oh, and the jazz held Curry, Durant and Thompson each to a negative plus minus... that's insane.

Last edited: