What's new

Jazz sign Hassan Whiteside

If Hassan is just one year chances are good they keep Udoka
Why not occasionally employ a double low post offense? It would throw a wrinkle at teams playing small ball and force them to make adjustments. It would also allow some interesting zone type defenses.

I know it's just summer league, but the way Doke has been playing makes me wish we just didn't sign Whiteside and rolled with either Doke as EP as the backup 5.

Why not occasionally employ a double low post offense? It would throw a wrinkle at teams playing small ball and force them to make adjustments. It would also allow some interesting zone type defenses.
I know it sounds stupid, but so did small ball 5s a few years ago. You have some “crazy idiot” who does it and everyone kinda laughs. But then everyone does it and it’s “well, yeah, of course.”

Thinking with Rudy, Hassan, Udoka Jazz can get 48 minutes of rim protection
That will put a lot of pressure on teams to make threes
That may make the difference

We're going to pioneer the 5 in lineup obvi.
Except that was done for most of league history already.

Pre 3-point era is ******, stupid basketball. I know you’re joking, but for those that yearn for the days of posting up both bigs all game long: that basketball sucks and there’s a reason it has already died. It theoretically can work, but it requires players the Jazz don’t have.

TJ said on Checketts show that Whiteside was the second guy they went after backup center. They thought they had their number 1 target but then another team swooped in at the last minute and offered him the mid level.

TJ said on Checketts show that Whiteside was the second guy they went after backup center. They thought they had their number 1 target but then another team swooped in at the last minute and offered him the mid level.
Which centers for mid-levels?

Theis, Noel (maybe), Z. Collins, Len, Lopez, McGee, Dieng all got somewhere between the MLE and minimum.

I don't know who fits the timeline best.