What's new

Jazz sign Justin James to second two-way

On a positive note if he's been playing ball in Wyoming and Sacramento he might not hate Utah and think its a backwoods racist cesspool of inbreds like so many other players seem to think.
Nice. Stereotyping an entire state of people! Good thing we choose to use stereotypes to fight people who stereotype. Sounds like effective change.

And now he was released. Must have sucked, got hurt, or been an *******. Or maybe something better we liked became available. Kinda weird.

Did anyone else around the league recently get released that we might have wanted instead?

And now he was released. Must have sucked, got hurt, or been an *******. Or maybe something better we liked became available. Kinda weird.
I’ve been sitting on this for a bit and was going to wait until there was an official announcement but I’ll go ahead and spill the beans: I’ve accepted the two-way contract this year. Jazz brass mulled over what they needed from that last roster spot and decided having a full time meme/thread maker would provide more value than someone playing in the G League. I’ll let you all know when my jerseys go on sale.

I’ve been sitting on this for a bit and was going to wait until there was an official announcement but I’ll go ahead and spill the beans: I’ve accepted the two-way contract this year. Jazz brass mulled over what they needed from that last roster spot and decided having a full time meme/thread maker would provide more value than someone playing in the G League. I’ll let you all know when my jerseys go on sale.
I already bought 2.

It's possible that someone like Derrick Alston looked really good in camp.
This entire saga is just a little bit more than weird. If the guy sucked that bad surely someone around the league knew that. Perhaps Rudy Gay's new injury changed things. Or the guy is a total cancer and talentless bum.

This entire saga is just a little bit more than weird. If the guy sucked that bad surely someone around the league knew that. Perhaps Rudy Gay's new injury changed things. Or the guy is a total cancer and talentless bum.

Hard to say. Maybe he felt like he didn't have a good chance to make the team and he wanted out. If Jared Butler has been playing well, then maybe James didn't think he had a path. Lets see if there's another move coming. Or maybe he got caught with 5 strippers, and the Jazz said, "Hey, you're no Michael Jordan."

I guess having camp in Vegas can help you see what a player is all about. I have no idea if James was into anything he shouldn't be, but Vegas is certainly one place that will bring out the worst in folks.

Well I hope for James's sake that it's because he found a better overseas payday and the Jazz decided to let him pursue that.

If not, it won't look good to other teams for him to have been let go so quickly.

I guess the third possibility is that the Jazz really, really like someone who became available, but hadn't expected to. But this seems the most unlikely of the three.

Well I hope for James's sake that it's because he found a better overseas payday and the Jazz decided to let him pursue that.

If not, it won't look good to other teams for him to have been let go so quickly.

I guess the third possibility is that the Jazz really, really like someone who became available, but hadn't expected to. But this seems the most unlikely of the three.
The Kings had decided to waive him earlier in the month so there are warts there.