What's new

Jazz trade for John Collins

We aren't a 50 win team though... if this made us a 50 win team it is a great effing deal.
I like this deal because we add a cheap talent that is young enough to possibly be here long term but it doesn't put us clearly in the playoff pack next year. We add talent while still being a bottom 5 team in the west and keep our pick.

I like this deal because we add a cheap talent that is young enough to possibly be here long term but it doesn't put us clearly in the playoff pack next year. We add talent while still being a bottom 5 team in the west and keep our pick.
This move is completely anti-tank my friend. The tank was basically dead last year this absolutely buries it.

this is the route to go. I am guessing like the THT deal... they maybe thought someone was going to make a move for Collins so they moved... a FOMO thing maybe. They obviously like the player. Just feels like his market required more to move him.

I don't hate it... but the risk/reward is way off here for me.
How is this high risk? Next season Collins' salary will be around 1/6th of the salary cap. We still have every opportunity to R&E Lauri next off season and at the following trade deadline, we have matching salary, young players and a lot of picks to trade for a real difference maker.

Who cares . The amount we gave up for basically the current version of Blake Griffin, aka far less athletic than early on, is the only thing that makes it understandable.
He has skills, but many of them are only useful in short bursts and all this is imo is reaching the ****ing salary floor

Overall I like the move if you are sure you can rehab JCs value.

You got to remember in 2-3 years half our roster could be trade fodder for a superstar. You got to stack the roster as much as possible with good players until then.
Kind of feels like yet another reclamation project and a possible tradable contract(as in... productive player on not amazing but also not completely horrible contract) in case a big fish is on the market and we need non-essential players to be included as salary ballast.

The Jazz want their pick to convey next year.