What's new

Jazz trade for John Collins

BTW this also pretty much says that Zanik and Ainge do not believe they can do any better than John Collins in FA over the next few years.

I just don't love this... whether Ainge loves him or not... just feels like the THT and KO deals where I had hoped we'd get a bit more for what we gave. I think KO gets moved but who knows.

I get what they are going for... I think.

I, for one, am excited to see what Will and the coaching staff do for JC's game and commitment. He's going to enjoy playing here exponentially more than Atlanta is my guess.

Again, to me this just solidifies how monumentally stupid it was to draft THREE rookies this year.

However, really I think it signifies more trades to come. We are converting assets into higher-level assets, so I expect more of this to happen. I could see us flipping Collins, or one or more of the rookies, by the trade deadline for more assets or asset upgrades. But in a vacuum this is the most redundant trade we could have made, given our draft and current personnel.

But if you can get an obvious NBA talent for essentially stuff you have laying around the house, well you just do it and figure the other **** out later. Whether it is really a good move or not depends on what happens next.
That is such a weird take away. I'm stoked we used all 3 picks and this trade doesn't change anything really. We needed another pf/c and Collins fits in perfectly.

I mean the biggest plus of this is not having to roll out Fonteccio for meaningful minutes anymore. We have a full game's worth of stiff frontcourt defensive resistance. I have forgotten what that feels like.

I just don't love this... whether Ainge loves him or not... just feels like the THT and KO deals where I had hoped we'd get a bit more for what we gave. I think KO gets moved but who knows.

I get what they are going for... I think.

A 50 win team the next few years. Enough to make us dumb fans think we are relevant and have a shot when we really won’t.