What's new

Jazz trade for John Collins

Awesome! We got off Rudy Gay and all it cost us to get Collins is a second round pick. I would look for Collins to have a big bounce back after a down year last season. Should be a great fit next to Lauri and Kessler, and Hardy will use him correctly and bring out the best in him. I wouldn't be shocked to see him get back to 20 points a game next season and get his 3 point percentage back above 35%..
That finger though

A 50 win team the next few years. Enough to make us dumb fans think we are relevant and have a shot when we really won’t.
We aren't a 50 win team though... if this made us a 50 win team it is a great effing deal.

A 50 win team the next few years. Enough to make us dumb fans think we are relevant and have a shot when we really won’t.

We have more assets than almost any team in the entire league, which we can use to make big trades. This is no longer the Dennis Lindsey Utah Jazz...Ainge knows how to build a championship caliber team. I think the future is very bright.

Then buy him out and pocket the vet minimum.
this is the route to go. I am guessing like the THT deal... they maybe thought someone was going to make a move for Collins so they moved... a FOMO thing maybe. They obviously like the player. Just feels like his market required more to move him.

I don't hate it... but the risk/reward is way off here for me.

You are stupid
1a38a8e3-33f8-460d-a7da-ed308a0a0a68_text.gif