What's new

Jazz trade for John Collins

OK, but for real, are we getting Luka or what? We have assembled the best set of complimentary players for a heliocentric superstar.....but our shinning star is.....Sexton?
The other option is... now that we have Mitchell's friend...

This is sort of a weird trade. We burned the #9 pick in the draft and now with this trade we relegate him to the bench for the foreseeable future. So is the plan to play more small ball with Hendo or JC playing the 5? Or are we planning to move someone else via trade?

It did but they definitely changed how he was used at some point. It may have become counterproductive once he was no longer the roll man on a space floor. I'm getting a little more on board with the deal... just need a pg that can run pick and roll... but maybe we found the way to get maximum spacing with maximum rim protection by having Collins, Lauri, and Hendricks lol.

For sure, one of the reasons I've been pro-Collins is that he's been completely taken out of the offense....and a big part of that is because Trae always has the ball. He was completely frozen out, and then constantly in trade rumors for eternity. I could see how he got checked out. I guess we're going to learn if Lauri/Collins can do more with the ball in their hands this year. It will be interesting, but my guess is that they are both just much better without the ball in their hands.

Sexton/THT are great pseudo-stars until we get a real one. The 5 out lineup with Collins, Lauri, and Hendricks is going to be sweet.

It did but they definitely changed how he was used at some point. It may have become counterproductive once he was no longer the roll man on a space floor. I'm getting a little more on board with the deal... just need a pg that can run pick and roll... but maybe we found the way to get maximum spacing with maximum rim protection by having Collins, Lauri, and Hendricks lol.
Dunn was actually amazing running PnR last year... limited sample size. Monte Morris better than Tyus Jones (who I wanted and mentioned elsewhere).

Curious what the plan is to unlock Collins and get the ball moving around. Couple big dominoes have fallen... probably done our biggest pieces of business.

I left when I had a mega-intense stretch of work coming up. I went on a full-on digital diet. I told my wife to change my password, refrain from telling me what it was, but to save it for some future date. She did all but the last step.
Welcome back dutchjazzer... I mean guy who forgot his password...

I swear Ainge finally started building the perfect team around Don but after trading him.

A range of options for PF and C. A great SF. Scorers.

If we would have just used a Rudy pick last summer to get Lauri (who was clearly available), we would be a free agent addition of Bruce Brown away from being a real deal contender.

Oh well. But I still like what we are doing.

This is sort of a weird trade. We burned the #9 pick in the draft and now with this trade we relegate him to the bench for the foreseeable future. So is the plan to play more small ball with Hendo or JC playing the 5? Or are we planning to move someone else via trade?
I don't think it is weird at all. First off Hendricks is only 19 and is probably best off in the 15 to 20 minute a game range this year. I also think he is viewed as more of a 3/4 by management while Collins is viewed as a 4/5.

I swear Ainge finally started building the perfect team around Don but after trading him.

A range of options for PF and C. A great SF. Scorers.

If we would have just used a Rudy pick last summer to get Lauri (who was clearly available), we would be a free agent addition of Bruce Brown away from being a real deal contender.

Oh well. But I still like what we are doing.
Watch Donovan do the Lebron… let the team reload while he’s gone then come back to a loaded roster. Cy would likely have to join a different fan base… he’d be so mad.