What's new

Jazz trade for John Collins

Just wanted to point out that the Conley trade facilitated the capspace necessary to make this deal happen, basically straight across. So, for Conley (35 years old), Vando, Beasley, NAW, and some 2nds, we got:

-a better 2023 pick
-a good Lakers pick
-John Collins (25 years old)

It's hard to turn five nickels into a three dimes but it looks like that just happened.
This also means that the asset of Mike Conley lives on and never became functionally negative value. Keeping assets alive is so critical for this franchise because we don't get the mulligans that free agency destinations do.

as long as you can clean and cook b lol
"Lol" indeed. You like clean? I would only need to clean your colon once to keep you begging at my feet for the rest of you pathetic life.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. You sound like you need some general lessons on personal hygiene. The game we're talking about is for adults, after all.

"Lol" indeed. You like clean? I would only need to clean your colon once to keep you begging at my feet for the rest of you pathetic life.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. You sound like you need some general lessons on personal hygiene. The game we're talking about is for adults, after all.
you are such a forum badass, quoting my take on pick 27 in your sig lol, proves you are butthurt smh. I am suspecting you the person not the made up badass is just a scrawny little goggle wearing jock sniffing lamo that loves men offline
btw Brice at the Jazz's 3rd pick might be a steal and I am wrong, yet it's far more reasonable that you were always wrong and Brice is another Ohio State bust.

Talent wise I put Sensabaugh ahead of Fontechio. I think he is a better option. Spot minutes at the 4 and 2. The scouting says he is guaranteed bucket but I guess we will see.
he was a bucket in the big t ,but unless they really do try to put him on the elbow offensively, or see him in a similar role to Grant Williams if he can show good rebounding ability, I don't see him being more than another long term distraction. He needs to get in shape and he might be the most out of shape prospect taken in the top 50

If Collins simply returns to his normal level of shooting that's enough. I think the big thing with him is just using him in more ways than a PNR player or corner shooter. Will be interesting to see what he can do as a passer or a guy who handles the ball in DHOs.

The key to everything is Kelly Olynyk. You play Kelly and JC together and JC is going to feast in those lineups

he was a bucket in the big t ,but unless they really do try to put him on the elbow offensively, or see him in a similar role to Grant Williams if he can show good rebounding ability, I don't see him being more than another long term distraction. He needs to get in shape and he might be the most out of shape prospect taken in the top 50
Yes there are some challenges. But let's see.

you are such a forum badass

I am not a "forum badass" at all. Which is part of what makes all of this humorous to me: I don't even need to be a badass to put you in your place.

quoting my take on pick 27 in your sig lol, proves

No it doesn't. It's just a cute little seed that I've planted in our JF garden. We will check the results in a couple years, won't we Sugar Plum?

Probably dumb question. What is it that makes the John Collins trade not be official until July 6th? Is that true of all trades right now? Or does it have something to do with one of the components? Like Gay opted in to facilitate the trade but the opt in can't be official until July 6th or something? I know that free agent signings can't be official until July 6 but wasn't sure how that plays into this.

Probably dumb question. What is it that makes the John Collins trade not be official until July 6th? Is that true of all trades right now? Or does it have something to do with one of the components? Like Gay opted in to facilitate the trade but the opt in can't be official until July 6th or something? I know that free agent signings can't be official until July 6 but wasn't sure how that plays into this.
Well, whatever the answer is...tomorrow is the 6th. So I guess the Jazz will get to introduce him.