What's new

Jazz vs. Grizzlies game thread (8:00 pm MTN)

I've always wanted him to succeed since he has some physical tools that could make him a great player, but his shot is something he could have worked on even while he was injured.

That and the fact that Snyder doesn't like him, is why I'm pretty much giving up on him. No point in being hopeful for something with such low probability of working out. If it miraculously works out then so be it, but I'm not holding my breath anymore.

Snyder doesn't like him because he sucks

I've always wanted him to succeed since he has some physical tools that could make him a great player, but his shot is something he could have worked on even while he was injured.

That and the fact that Snyder doesn't like him, is why I'm pretty much giving up on him. No point in being hopeful for something with such low probability of working out. If it miraculously works out then so be it, but I'm not holding my breath anymore.

Sigh. It’s like 2015 all over again

Snyder doesn't like him because he sucks

I remember jerry sloan once answered a question about why a particular young guy wasn't playing. Jerry said all the right things about being ready, staying in shape, competing in practice and so on. Then he said something that wasn't coach speak. Jerry said, "I don't want to put a guy out there and have him get embarrassed."

I have often reflected upon Jerry's words as I watched several young Jazz players struggle...Dante in particular.

Some noteworthy stats-

Only 3 Grizzlies were positive +/- Grayson was +7 in 26 minutes.

Joe Ingles led the Jazz with +23. Mitchell had the smallest + of all the starters at +6.

Jazz had 22 turnovers. Mitchell said the team needs to do a better job of protecting the ball. Mitchell had 7 TOs. Dante had 1, which is like 9 TOs per 36 . dante is averaging 4 TOs per 36 this season.

Some noteworthy stats-

Jazz had 22 turnovers. Mitchell said the team needs to do a better job of protecting the ball. Mitchell had 7 TOs. Dante had 1, which is like 9 TOs per 36 . dante is averaging 4 TOs per 36 this season.

Lol. Junk time stats aren’t anything dude

I know I've been rough on Niang but it's really hard to understate how badly his minutes have hurt us.

- His defensive rating per 100 possessions is 109. Below average.

- He averages only 1.6 defensive rebounds per game. Only 5.4 per 36. Well below average for the position.

- He creates no turnovers or extra possessions. 0.1 offensive rebounds per game, 0.3 per 36, 0.6 offensive rebound%. 0.0 steals per game, NONE in 172 minutes played. 0.1 blocks per game.

- He averages just as many turnovers as assists 0.5/0.5.

- He's a non factor offensively inside the arc. No post skills, no driving ability, no midrange game. He doesn't get to the line, only 10 FTA all season.

- The argument I've seen to explain why he's on the floor is "he can shoot". And yeah he's 39% from three. But the Jazz don't even utilize him as a shooter. How many times do we run a play to get him open for a three? Never. He takes 1.8 three point attempts per game and only makes 0.7 threes per game. We're playing him FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of less than 1 three made per game???

- His +/- is -55.

Basically to sum things up, during his 10.8 minutes per game on the floor the Jazz are playing at the equivalent of a 5 on 4 disadvantage

You Exum homers need to get over yourselves. If Quin didn’t like Exum as most of you say, I doubt we would’ve extended him. Unless you actually think Quin has no voice in the room with Justin and Dennis. Which is beyond highly unlikely.

Game thread girl and Mudiays biggest fan.

Holy **** that is a great find. So so funny.
We could make a full thread about this. Best video I have seen in a while.

I know I've been rough on Niang but it's really hard to understate how badly his minutes have hurt us.

- His defensive rating per 100 possessions is 109. Below average.

- He averages only 1.6 defensive rebounds per game. Only 5.4 per 36. Well below average for the position.

- He creates no turnovers or extra possessions. 0.1 offensive rebounds per game, 0.3 per 36, 0.6 offensive rebound%. 0.0 steals per game, NONE in 172 minutes played. 0.1 blocks per game.

- He averages just as many turnovers as assists 0.5/0.5.

- He's a non factor offensively inside the arc. No post skills, no driving ability, no midrange game. He doesn't get to the line, only 10 FTA all season.

- The argument I've seen to explain why he's on the floor is "he can shoot". And yeah he's 39% from three. But the Jazz don't even utilize him as a shooter. How many times do we run a play to get him open for a three? Never. He takes 1.8 three point attempts per game and only makes 0.7 threes per game. We're playing him FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of less than 1 three made per game???

- His +/- is -55.

Basically to sum things up, during his 10.8 minutes per game on the floor the Jazz are playing at the equivalent of a 5 on 4 disadvantage

I am ok with Boler talking nonsense but after Niang made one 3 pointer Bailey said "George is an impact player".. I nearly fell from the couch.

Rudy is not healthy. Not even trying to jump and test that ankle. Why aren't we letting him rest?
Probably cause we like winning more than losing.

Just a couple of heaves that have gone in ... not good shots , past 10 games this crap have been airballs , don’t be fooled , the offence is still crap
Maybe the airballs are what has been fooling us all along.

It's nice that Jeff had a good game but I don't believe he can stay consistently positive. Joe was great, he should play more with starters, especially with Gobert.

Its too bad conley is out right now. Bad timing. He needs to play in these type games to get confidence for himself and for the team with him. Pretty easy stretch right now. Need him playing during this easy stretch.
Anyone know how long he is supposed to be out?