What's new

Jazz vs. Grizzlies game thread (8:00 pm MTN)

dude it's because of the way he plays regardless of the outcome of whether he makes a few shots or not. He's so blinkered in the way he sees the court
7 assist in 22 minutes is pretty good imo. Maybe there is a chance that a 23 year person can still learn new things.
Regardless, he is usually a positive in plus/minus despite playing with dudes who are usually a negative in plus/minus.

Folks bashing Mudiay need to be reminded few facts: He is one year younger than Exum. He is paid 2.7 mil only. He signed with us because he felt our coaching staff will make him a better player.
This

Can we get a Brantly 3
Its almost like the jazz coaching staff and management are trolling us. They play niang, bradley, exum, morgan, and Oni...... yet just refuse to play the guy we all want to see the most out of the scrubs, Brantley. I also would rather see JWF than the other scrubs.

Gotta give it up to Dante tonight, not a single turnover.
lol
Post of the thread. Though he did manage to have a turnover a little bit later lol.

I know I've been rough on Niang but it's really hard to understate how badly his minutes have hurt us.

- His defensive rating per 100 possessions is 109. Below average.

- He averages only 1.6 defensive rebounds per game. Only 5.4 per 36. Well below average for the position.

- He creates no turnovers or extra possessions. 0.1 offensive rebounds per game, 0.3 per 36, 0.6 offensive rebound%. 0.0 steals per game, NONE in 172 minutes played. 0.1 blocks per game.

- He averages just as many turnovers as assists 0.5/0.5.

- He's a non factor offensively inside the arc. No post skills, no driving ability, no midrange game. He doesn't get to the line, only 10 FTA all season.

- The argument I've seen to explain why he's on the floor is "he can shoot". And yeah he's 39% from three. But the Jazz don't even utilize him as a shooter. How many times do we run a play to get him open for a three? Never. He takes 1.8 three point attempts per game and only makes 0.7 threes per game. We're playing him FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of less than 1 three made per game???

- His +/- is -55.

Basically to sum things up, during his 10.8 minutes per game on the floor the Jazz are playing at the equivalent of a 5 on 4 disadvantage
Its crazy how obvious it is to literally 100% of jazz fans that niang shouldn't play anymore yet the one person whose opinion actually matters can't see it.

Reactions: SCS
Its almost like the jazz coaching staff and management are trolling us. They play niang, bradley, exum, morgan, and Oni...... yet just refuse to play the guy we all want to see the most out of the scrubs, Brantley. I also would rather see JWF than the other scrubs.
I mean, Morgan and Oni are both better prospects than Brantley (and Brantley was playing in a Stars game)

Its too bad conley is out right now. Bad timing. He needs to play in these type games to get confidence for himself and for the team with him. Pretty easy stretch right now. Need him playing during this easy stretch.
Anyone know how long he is supposed to be out?
Nah, the timing is perfect. If he was playing Joe would still be in the second unit, running PnR with no one, standing around the arc waiting for passes that randomly come outside of the offense and late in the shot clock, and some would still be wondering what happened to him.

Getting Joe back and losing an erratic Conley makes this team better. We have to hope the coaching staff is learning some things and that Conley is alongside them.

I mean, Morgan and Oni are both better prospects than Brantley (and Brantley was playing in a Stars game)
I definitely didn't say anything about that.
I was saying that jazzfanz has been wanting to see Brantley but he is the only guy who doesn't see the court.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Nah, the timing is perfect. If he was playing Joe would still be in the second unit, running PnR with no one, standing around the arc waiting for passes that randomly come outside of the offense and late in the shot clock, and some would still be wondering what happened to him.

Getting Joe back and losing an erratic Conley makes this team better. We have to hope the coaching staff is learning some things and that Conley is alongside them.
I don't disagree. But I'm certain that we are stuck with Conley as a starter for quite a while. So since we are stuck with him, would be nice to figure it out while the schedule is easy

Boler seems to get a little more loose and silly when he's having a good time with Thurl. I bet Boler is extra corny with some alcohol in him.

I don't disagree. But I'm certain that we are stuck with Conley as a starter for quite a while. So since we are stuck with him, would be nice to figure it out while the schedule is easy

Sure. I think he'll be back before the schedule ramps back up. But I really do think everyone needed a break and a shake-up.

Playing a shorthanded young team. Best not get too high, but it was a win.
Hope they can grow from this and realize they have to keep moving, the ball and themselves.
This.

I was encouraged by how they were communicating. And by some of the different passes attempted.

But we struggled to bury them. And continued with these new, weird lapses on defense.

And what’s the complexion of this game if Jeff Green doesn’t hit such a high percentage of 3s? If he’s cold (which is regular occurrence), this game looks pretty different.

Joe needs to start, I think. But I also really like Royce there. I’d bench Conley if I were forced to choose. Goddammit.