What's new

Jazz vs grizzlies

Reading the comments, it sounds like it was a typical Jazz v Grizzlies v refs eyesore. Glad I went to bed.

Y'all know deep down this is all leading up to a Jazz v Grizzlies series, 7 games, no one survives.

Bad game to complain about the officials. The calls went in our favor mostly in the 2nd half and we still could have lost anyway because of how badly we shot the ball. Got lucky that Memphis couldn't hit anything either. Rubio, Mitchell and Crowder all sucked and we usually have a tough time winning with that many sucks.

The refs definitely owed us one and IMO still owe us a couple more. Hopefully Utah comes ready to play in dallas, because we have a rough stretch after that. Philly/Boston on a back to back and then Pacers and Kings after that. And anybody who isn't paying attention this year, the Kings are no pushover. They have a better record than us right now.

If we only were to win one of our next 5, if it's against Boston I'll be happy. I will be sacrificing a goat and 2 chickens on saturday. The Gods gotta be happy with that, right?

Also, Boston will be on a back 2 back as well playing Toronto the night before. My goat and two chicken sacrifice will have the intended effect of Boston going to tripple OT against the raps. We'll see what kind of mood the Gods are in.

Last edited:
Bad game to complain about the officials. The calls went in our favor mostly in the 2nd half and we still could have lost anyway because of how badly we shot the ball. Got lucky that Memphis couldn't hit anything either. Rubio, Mitchell and Crowder all sucked and we usually have a tough time winning with that many sucks.

The refs definitely owed us one and IMO still owe us a couple more. Hopefully Utah comes ready to play in dallas, because we have a rough stretch after that. Philly/Boston on a back to back and then Pacers and Kings after that. And anybody who isn't paying attention this year, the Kings are no pushover. They have a better record than us right now.

If we only were to win one of our next 5, if it's against Boston I'll be happy. I will be sacrificing a goat and 2 chickens on saturday. The Gods gotta be happy with that, right?

Also, Boston will be on a back 2 back as well playing Toronto the night before. My goat and two chicken sacrifice will have the intended effect of Boston going to tripple OT against the raps. We'll see what kind of mood the Gods are in.

The refs were being complained about because of the 'great spectacle' of a game they facilitated. Not about bias/bad calls etc.

Lol. Yes.

punchout_glassjoeabime.jpg

Holy lol.

Bolerjack gave my boy his pregame lines and folder with all the stats, got my pic with them and told harping "Know your personnel" He got a kick outta that
I'm guessing that the folder and all of its contents looks entirely unused except for where Boler underlined the name of the college that each player played for?

the raw number of fouls isn't why I was complaining. They neutered our defense with some terrible calls on Gobert. That changed the entire complexion of the game (in a bad way for us).

I think both fanbases have legitimate gripes about the officials in this one. So I'm letting it fly. 'Twas ********.

I’d say he’s a rich man’s Hayward, but Hayward is the guy making >2x as much.

He’s also bringing toughness and reliability that Hayward didn’t.

Also, the other day I was thinking back to game 1 vs. the Clippers. As soon as Rudy goes down and in that first quarter, you can tell by Hayward’s body language that he thinks it’s over. I know Joe Johnson was big, but was it not Ingles who spear-headed that game as well?

Joe brings a confidence and swagger about him that Hayward never had and clearly still doesn't. He always looks dejected and like he doesn't belong on the court. As for Joe, he thrives on getting into other players heads and drilling 3s in their faces.

The Joesen One!

Apprehend?;)

1. arrest (someone) for a crime.
    "a warrant was issued but he has not been apprehended"
    synonyms: arrest, catch, capture, seize; More

2. understand or perceive.
    "great art invites us to apprehend beauty"
    synonyms: appreciate, recognize, discern, perceive, make out, take in, realize, grasp, understand, comprehend;
    informal get the picture
    "they are slow to apprehend danger"

Watched game together with JimLes last night ( thanks for great Czech beer bud!). We finally broke the curse as other two games we watched together Jazz managed to lose lol. Nice to see Exum having a bounce back game - despite couple silly mistakes he was largely positive against slow, half court team, so there is still hope.

I like the bandage wrapped Jazz basketball logo on Twitter. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to post it here. Loving all the good natured ribbing Joe is getting.

Did the Jazz beat Memphis on the road when they couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat? Some of the poorest shooting of the year by any team.....and they still won the game? Explanation please!