What's new

Jazz vs. Mavs in round one

Well said.

To be more specific, he couldn't even identify that my post he responded to was a parody of him because he didn't address the criticism contained in it (when he can't refute a point he dislikes, he deflects with whataboutism or goes back to his tired and trounced points about how objective he is and that he doesn't speak ill of our players despite being THE LOUDEST Gobert hater on the board of all time. He can dress up the language however he likes but virtually everyone sees through it.).
Just because I don't worship doesn't mean I hate him. Massive difference. These absolutes you guys use are exhausting.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Here's how to be self-aware; acknowledge an uncomfortable point that has merit and maybe have a laugh about it.

Thats all I have asked MT to do. Admit that Donovan was our star and main reason why we beat OKC.

Read him the riot act on self-awareness. Get off the "pile on LoPo" train.

You guys can be so pathetic.

While everything you said here is mostly true, the logic behind it is kind of crazy. It's like saying because the past 5 Bob's you met were jerks, that the next Bob you meet will for sure be a jerk. Each team every year is unique, and the competition each year is unique.

Like I've said, I don't personally feel like we were under seeded this year. Not because of our past 22 years of Jazz history though, but because this year's team can't close out a game.

No. It would be like if I met five Bobs who were all jerks, and was told by multiple people that the sixth Bob would be a jerk too. I don't know if that's the case, as I haven't met him, but based on my history with Bobs, and the fact there's multiple indicators here without even meeting Bob #6 that he's a jerk, I'm inclined to believe he's a jerk.

The multiple indicators, of course, are that the Jazz finished 5th a year after they were unceremoniously bounced from the playoffs after failing to keep a 2-0 series lead against a Clippers team that went on to lose 4-2 to the Suns in the WCF. I believe that's enough to make the claim the Jazz aren't better than their seed is all and that they're not a contender. Everything else just adds to my reasoning.

It's my feeling Utah is appropriately seeded and would certainly be dogs to Dallas if their best player wasn't questionable for a huge chunk of the series. I've seen nothing from Utah on the whole of the season to indicate to me they're better than fourth in the West (really, there's not much difference between 4/5 anyway, so, if the Jazz is under-seeded, it's by just one spot, IMO). I believe that will be proven by either losing to the Mavs, or beating a Luka-less Mavs team and then losing to Phoenix 4-2 or 4-1.

My reasoning for that is not due to what Utah has done the last 20 years (that was just to point out that 2021 was by far an anomaly than this year, which has been historically the ceiling for the franchise in the 21st Century) but based on the fact they've not played well at huge chunks of the season. It doesn't matter how they've lost - they've lost. They also finished 1-2 against Dallas (losing by 8 and 14 points), as well as 1-3 against Phoenix (0-2 at home) with that one win coming against a Chris Paul-less Suns squad.

That's my point: Utah is what their seeding likely says they are. I feel that will be proven in the next few weeks.

Yep. It's my fault for saying that Donovan was our star in that series. Clearly Rudy was incredibly dominant and Don was the bystander. Rudy's regular season numbers clearly show that he was dominant in that series. And if there were any positive metrics showing good defense at any point during that series, it's because Rudy does everything. Favors, Jae, Rubio and younger Jingles were complete nonfactors. I'm so thankful we have Rudy or we would have to play handball or something.

I'm more self aware now. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Enjoy your day.

Yep, there it is.

I DGAF about your Rudy vs Donovan stuff. Yet here you are arguing with yourself about that but doing it in my direction for some weird *** reason.

You're hugely underplaying the fact that Mike played one game in that series

I'm not hugely underplaying that fact, no more than you guys are ignoring the Clippers were without their best player for the final two games - games they won (and one was in Salt Lake City, where the Jazz were nonexistent in the second half, getting out-scored by 14 points in the third quarter - a loss that put the Jazz in a must-win game six that they couldn't win despite leading by 25 points).

I'm not hugely underplaying that fact, no more than you guys are ignoring the Clippers were without their best player for the final two games - games they won (and one was in Salt Lake City, where the Jazz were nonexistent in the second half, getting out-scored by 14 points in the third quarter - a loss that put the Jazz in a must-win game six that they couldn't win despite leading by 25 points).
Its too bad the clippers were without their best player. When he did play we played better than they did. Too bad he got hurt.

Its too bad the clippers were without their best player. When he did play we played better than they did. Too bad he got hurt.

Maybe? He was pretty dominant in a game four that Utah lost 118-104 (before his injury midway through the fourth when the Clippers were up big anyway).

Maybe? He was pretty dominant in a game four that Utah lost 118-104 (before his injury midway through the fourth when the Clippers were up big anyway).
Yep, yet the series was 2-2 with us having homecourt advantage when he went down. Then they went 2-0 after his injury. I wish he didn't get injured.

last year heading into the playoffs I was confident because of our record. However looking at our roster I knew favors was ded, niang was severely limited, and ingles was slowly becoming ded. This season the record isn't near as pretty but when I look at the roster im not seeing much weakness to pick out or exploit. I think royce still plays way too much but thats about it. And last year despite our limitations with our roster we still went undefeated in the playoffs when our teams health was right.
I do think our backcourt is still too small and wish we brought conley off the bench though.
The biggest weakness to exploit is prowling the sidelines. If Quin won't do anything different no matter what gets thrown at us, then there is a lot there to exploit. It's happened again and again this year. Because Quin refuses to ride the hot hand or stick with the scheme that gets us a big lead, and goes back to exactly the same gameplay he always plays at the end of the 4th quarter, every team knows how to beat it. Hopefully he isn't so rigid it costs us another series.

Thats all I have asked MT to do. Admit that Donovan was our star and main reason why we beat OKC.
Just so everybody is aware, this is not what Lopo asked me to do at all. There was zero discussion over Donovan's importance in that series.

He wanted me to admit that Gobert was not a star in that series. And since Gobert was a star in that series, I was forced to refuse.

The biggest weakness to exploit is prowling the sidelines. If Quin won't do anything different no matter what gets thrown at us, then there is a lot there to exploit. It's happened again and again this year. Because Quin refuses to ride the hot hand or stick with the scheme that gets us a big lead, and goes back to exactly the same gameplay he always plays at the end of the 4th quarter, every team knows how to beat it. Hopefully he isn't so rigid it costs us another series.
I'm anticipating us losing game 1 and then the local media saying we didn't know they'd blitz the Donovan pick and roll so much or switch so much and now we can adjust... yada yada.

If we shoot the **** out of the ball we will win... if we shoot an average percentage we are going to have some issues. When our defense is spread out I am not sure there are a lot of guys our outside defenders can stop. I think House will help a lot... but people acting like Dinwiddie and Brunson can't create enough offense to beat us is kinda rich. Our defense in the playoffs has been swiss cheese... we know House can plug a few holes (phrasing intended) but I'm not sure he plugs all the holes (not for lack of trying).

No. It would be like if I met five Bobs who were all jerks, and was told by multiple people that the sixth Bob would be a jerk too. I don't know if that's the case, as I haven't met him, but based on my history with Bobs, and the fact there's multiple indicators here without even meeting Bob #6 that he's a jerk, I'm inclined to believe he's a jerk.

The multiple indicators, of course, are that the Jazz finished 5th a year after they were unceremoniously bounced from the playoffs after failing to keep a 2-0 series lead against a Clippers team that went on to lose 4-2 to the Suns in the WCF. I believe that's enough to make the claim the Jazz aren't better than their seed is all and that they're not a contender. Everything else just adds to my reasoning.

It's my feeling Utah is appropriately seeded and would certainly be dogs to Dallas if their best player wasn't questionable for a huge chunk of the series. I've seen nothing from Utah on the whole of the season to indicate to me they're better than fourth in the West (really, there's not much difference between 4/5 anyway, so, if the Jazz is under-seeded, it's by just one spot, IMO). I believe that will be proven by either losing to the Mavs, or beating a Luka-less Mavs team and then losing to Phoenix 4-2 or 4-1.

My reasoning for that is not due to what Utah has done the last 20 years (that was just to point out that 2021 was by far an anomaly than this year, which has been historically the ceiling for the franchise in the 21st Century) but based on the fact they've not played well at huge chunks of the season. It doesn't matter how they've lost - they've lost. They also finished 1-2 against Dallas (losing by 8 and 14 points), as well as 1-3 against Phoenix (0-2 at home) with that one win coming against a Chris Paul-less Suns squad.

That's my point: Utah is what their seeding likely says they are. I feel that will be proven in the next few weeks.

Ok, your first part about the Bob's is just more crazy logic. The first 5 Bob's has nothing to do with the 6th Bob. It is not an indicator, but completely unrelated.

For the 2nd part of your post I think you are trying to say that the Jazz showed they weren't a top team in the playoffs last year and haven't done anything to proven otherwise during this season. I think that's fair.