What's new

Jazz vs. Mavs in round one

Ingles was 6th man of the year runner up last year, had a historically great shooting season and was easily one of our best players in the Clippers series.
I think that might be more because how bad everyone else was in that series. He was awful at the end of the season and looked cooked against Memphis.

I think that might be more because how bad everyone else was in that series. He was awful at the end of the season and looked cooked against Memphis.

I don't think so. He averaged 14 points 4 assists, 3 rebounds, shot 54% from the field and 46% from 3 in the Clippers series, and only had 5 turnovers in 6 games. He was fantastic in that series.

I know we're all so down on the team, and understandably. I am as much as anyone. But I'm really rooting for this team. It does seem like a segment of our fanbase is basically rooting for them to lose at this point. I don't want to blow this team up, I don't want these guys to fail. I'd have loved nothing more than to keep Rudy and Mitchell together for a few more years at least. I just don't know if that's tenable with the teams weaknesses. But still--I'd love for them to prove us all wrong. I don't believe it'll happen but I'm rooting hard for it to happen. This is probably this team's last chance, and I hope they take it, get the breaks they need to, play better than they ever have, and seize the mother ****ing day.

Prove everyone wrong! LET'S GO JAZZ

Cuz guess what... once you use the secret weapon, it can now be scouted. So what, they're gonna save it for game 7 of the finals? Cool.
It’s a wizard of Oz thing. It won’t be anything. I remember Locke going on and on about how the Jazz couldn’t try different schemes or approaches in the playoffs because they hadn’t done them all year. Maybe they have an ATO play that won’t result in a turnover?

Cuz guess what... once you use the secret weapon, it can now be scouted. So what, they're gonna save it for game 7 of the finals? Cool.
We’re gonna use it next year. In the playoffs. For real. When the games actually matter. This is actually kind of a preseason more than it is a playoff. There’s a super playoff next year that we’re keeping all the powder dry for. Just wait. Everyone is going to use up all their juice this postseason and we’ll be sitting there with reserves next year.

They were saving it until lebron was not involved in the post season. Its ready to be deployed now.

I know we're all so down on the team, and understandably. I am as much as anyone. But I'm really rooting for this team. It does seem like a segment of our fanbase is basically rooting for them to lose at this point. I don't want to blow this team up, I don't want these guys to fail. I'd have loved nothing more than to keep Rudy and Mitchell together for a few more years at least. I just don't know if that's tenable with the teams weaknesses. But still--I'd love for them to prove us all wrong. I don't believe it'll happen but I'm rooting hard for it to happen. This is probably this team's last chance, and I hope they take it, get the breaks they need to, play better than they ever have, and seize the mother ****ing day.

Prove everyone wrong! LET'S GO JAZZ
My man

Ok, your first part about the Bob's is just more crazy logic. The first 5 Bob's has nothing to do with the 6th Bob. It is not an indicator, but completely unrelated.

For the 2nd part of your post I think you are trying to say that the Jazz showed they weren't a top team in the playoffs last year and haven't done anything to proven otherwise during this season. I think that's fair.

lol dude you're the one who brought Bobs into this. Your assumption is that my entire argument about the Jazz being their seed this year was based on previous results is just incorrect. I put that as a baseline but I think what they've done THIS SEASON (as I've said multiple times) is proof positive they're likely not better than their seed. People who seem to think they are, imo, are just setting themselves up for disappointment and, as I said, huffing the copium. That's it. This team was seeded appropriately and I feel confident in saying that because I watched 82 games of inconsistent, oftentimes discouraging basketball.

Memphis and Phoenix appear to be on a completely different level than Utah. Golden State, at full health, likely is too, especially with their playoff experience.

Utah is just too inconsistent, and has been this whole season, for me to believe they somehow will figure it out in the playoffs. Me looking back at previous seasons is only showing that it's very rare for teams to wildly out-perform their seeding in the NBA Playoffs. Even if you want to put in qualifiers like COVID and all that fun jazz.