What's new

Jazz vs Raptors | Wednesday November 3rd @ 6pm

hayward just get's bitched all night when he's on defense... doesn't even look like a pro when he's on offesnse

nice effort from most of the jazz crew, raja and price were standouts

I have serious manlove for al jeff. serious man love. intense mantimacy.

cj continuing to prove that he's a beast. milsap is durable and going to surprise people again this year with his developments I think. really both of them are going to be solid contributors this year which I'm stoked on.

tough to let that lead diminish. jazz still closed out the fourth quarter strong enough to keep the fans happy and hopeful.

too bad Deron couldn't get his first double-double; DW pwned Jarrett Jack

CJ is bandied about as the 3rd or 4th consistent scorer (hopefully)

Price might have moved ahead of Watson in the PG rotation, Boone says. [I'd be more comfortable with that if he can show he'd run the offense.] Locke thinks that price will be backup SG until Hayward gets more comfortable. [I don't like the height disadvantage and Price's iffy shot.]

Miles just needs to keep hitting those 3's and keep the hacking to a minimum and we should be fine. Elson is the worse pick and roll player ever, need Memo back and Fes to limit his hangovers.
The Jazz have two more cake teams (the Clips, W's) before heading down to South Beach.

deron leading the team in rebounding with 8, I wonder how often that happened in the past?..

Deron is such a self-centered, selfish player, eh? Hoggin up all the rebounds just to try and git a triple-double and makin Big Al and the Paperboy look mediocre in the process.

Nice win but my concern is our bench production. Starters had to play big minutes. If CJ doesn't score coming off the bench then the Jazz are in big trouble. Fortunately, he has played well the last two games.

Nice win but my concern is our bench production. Starters had to play big minutes. If CJ doesn't score coming off the bench then the Jazz are in big trouble. Fortunately, he has played well the last two games.
I said a similar thing in the last game thread, where the bench got more minutes than tonight but (except for CJ, of course) still posted lots of zeroes all the way across their box scores. The extended burn for the starters may be a response to that, and although it was a successful short-term solution, bearing in mind this was only our second game in a week and energy levels would be higher than normal, in the longer term it isn't sustainable. We need the bench - all the bench - to start showing up and contributing.

Miles just needs to keep hitting those 3's and keep the hacking to a minimum and we should be fine. Elson is the worse pick and roll player ever, need Memo back and Fes to limit his hangovers.
The Jazz have two more cake teams (the Clips, W's) before heading down to South Beach.

Clippers aren't a cake team. Their record has been BRUTAL, Blazers, Warriors, Mavs, and Spurs. We'd be 0-4 too had we played those teams.

If anything, the OKC Thunder are a cake team. They're killing the thunder right as we speak. We may not have a W against a quality opponent yet with the way the Thunder are playing right now.

Millsap/Jefferson will actually (finally) play against a frontline this time. Kaman and Griffin are huge threats. If Andrea Baragni hurt us I can only imagine what Blake Griffin is going to do...

What happened to Hayward?

What's going on with our bench?

Price isn't going to nail 3's very often and CJ isn't usually going to be red hot either... Hayward needs to play a bigger role and Evans needs to get healthy fast. Fess, stop partying.

Clippers ARE a cake team. mmm, cake

They're beating down the Thunder by 19 with 3 mins left. Soooooooo...

That Clipper game has the makings for a trap game. The back end of the first b2b of the season. We play @ GS on Friday (they'll run and run) we'll come home without much energy thinking we'll roll over a typical crappy Clipper team and will be politely introduced to Blake Griffin.

Unlike the teams we have thus faced, the Clippers actually have a pretty solid frontline. Don't expect Jefferson and Millsap to get the layups they've gotten the past few games while not having to play anyone that wants to mix it up in the post.